Ruth’s take over

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruth is hardly a stylish icon is she.Slick at presentation, convincing and I can see why some of the Q faithful identify with her.If you take the clothes and put them alongside anything you could find on the high street 10 years ago they wouldn’t get a second look or even a glance.Yet here we are taking up more QVC airwaves, bog standard garments, high prices, ‘the designer’ suggesting how to wear! Unbelievable!
So very true

For heaven's sake, how can Ruth justify charging £95 for a pair of summer wedges with a denim upper? Yes, they look well made, but the upper is fabric and imo they should be a fair bit cheaper than the ones with leather uppers. £95 is actually pricey for the leather ones, but for denim, I'm sorry but that's just taking the Michael! The denim ones sold out within 10 minutes of being on air because they reminded everybody of the ones we all had in the 70's (me included). I liked them and had they been around the £40-£50 mark I may well have been tempted but not at that price!

I really liked the look of them although I’d rather they were a little lower in height , and a lot lower in price. I find it difficult to believe that they’re as comfortable as she says. Mind you, she does wear them for an entire 2 hour presentation , so maybe.
Biggest problem with QVC fashion ranges is the crazy pricing. For me, if I’m paying over the odds for something then I expect the quality and the durability to be exceptional, or for it to have prestige branding (and I don’t mean RWL)!
Let’s face it folks, how many times have we bought something cheap from Primark or New Look and found that it’s lasted for years despite only expecting to last the duration of the holiday you bought it for? I can most certainly say this. When you pay more, you expect more - good quality fabrication, definitely not polyester, immaculate stitching, not the hint of a loose thread or wonky button. From some of the presentations and the pictures on Q’s website you can see all these quality issues and more, yet they still sell out. What’s more people are prepared to put themselves on a waiting list in order to get them, so no wonder the prices stay sky high.
I may look around for a pair of denim wedges, I’ll pay £20 for them and if they last a couple of summers or less so be it, no great loss !

I really liked the look of them although I’d rather they were a little lower in height , and a lot lower in price. I find it difficult to believe that they’re as comfortable as she says. Mind you, she does wear them for an entire 2 hour presentation , so maybe.
Biggest problem with QVC fashion ranges is the crazy pricing. For me, if I’m paying over the odds for something then I expect the quality and the durability to be exceptional, or for it to have prestige branding (and I don’t mean RWL)!
Let’s face it folks, how many times have we bought something cheap from Primark or New Look and found that it’s lasted for years despite only expecting to last the duration of the holiday you bought it for? I can most certainly say this. When you pay more, you expect more - good quality fabrication, definitely not polyester, immaculate stitching, not the hint of a loose thread or wonky button. From some of the presentations and the pictures on Q’s website you can see all these quality issues and more, yet they still sell out. What’s more people are prepared to put themselves on a waiting list in order to get them, so no wonder the prices stay sky high.
I may look around for a pair of denim wedges, I’ll pay £20 for them and if they last a couple of summers or less so be it, no great loss !
I too don't get why people are willing to pay so much for clothes on QVC!. Ruth's clothing line is is frumpy, well over priced and badly made. She and others on there must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I've recently returned from my few days on the QVC Fakebook page. Battered and bruised from the constant attacks. Anyway,I happened to mention Roof was bringing out her lingerie line in summer🤣🤣🤣 Less spanx more itchy lace...
It's true, then. I thought it was a joke. (I like the name 'Roof', it's funny!) Will it include nightdresses and negleges, I wonder, or only bras and shapewear. I 'm quite content with M&S underwear. They've been doing it for years, and know what's what. How will QVC deal with the returns? They can't resell them, surely.

Must admit - I like the look for her clothes, but they are very over priced and get the impression that in real life they wouldn't look as good.

Also, do get the impression that she is very smug and also, as is the way in life... is profiting from other peoples talents within her range offered. Never been a fan of her from TV work anyway - I don't think you get many genuine TV people anyway - just look at Phil Schofield and Holly - I saw through them both within a minute.

Jilly Halliday and Kathy Taylor are the ones I warm to the most on QVC.... can't think of many others from actual TV.

Must admit - I like the look for her clothes, but they are very over priced and get the impression that in real life they wouldn't look as good.

Also, do get the impression that she is very smug and also, as is the way in life... is profiting from other peoples talents within her range offered. Never been a fan of her from TV work anyway - I don't think you get many genuine TV people anyway - just look at Phil Schofield and Holly - I saw through them both within a minute.

Jilly Halliday and Kathy Taylor are the ones I warm to the most on QVC.... can't think of many others from actual TV.
I find her very smug too in fact can't warm to her at all never watched one of her shows either at QVC or mainstream tv!

It's true, then. I thought it was a joke. (I like the name 'Roof', it's funny!) Will it include nightdresses and negleges, I wonder, or only bras and shapewear. I 'm quite content with M&S underwear. They've been doing it for years, and know what's what. How will QVC deal with the returns? They can't resell them, surely.
No it's a joke🙂 But having said that you never know with her. No more Vercella Vita and with the Rhonda rubbish too there's a slot to be filled. I did mention on the FB page I hoped the model with cankles wouldn't be modelling...as you can imagine it didn't go down too well🤣...oops!

The two I bought have pilled and need quite a bit of ironing too.
Most the jumpers I buy pill. I find the more lux the fibre mix is they pill in my experience. Ruth's pill but not as much as say a wool or cashmere or cashmere blend from M&S. I have a battery operated shaver thing that I use as and when, its the nature of the beast. I wash with a lakeland wash bag. Use a non bio wash liquid. Dry flat and they pill. Specially where you arms and bust meet. I have acrylic/nylon jumpers from M&S and no pilling.

Latest posts

Back