Ruth In Hot Water!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Is the headline in this week's Woman's Own. I quote....................

" Ruth Langsford has come under fire for her 'expensive' fashion range with QVC. The TV star has made no secret about how proud she is of her QVC project, but fans have suggested Ruther, 61, is a little out of touch when it comes to pricing. "Can you make the prices more affordable? £37 incl pp is too much for what is effectively just a T-shirt" said one online user. Another commented, "Love it but a bit expensive". Oh dear ! "

End quote.

Um, she won't like that will she.

I have the faux leather jacket and the twill jacket and I like both and I think that they are good quality and not over expensive. I also bought an animal print jumper which is very long and a bit snug and a blouse from ebay. The latter two are okay for the money that I paid for them but I wouldn’t have paid full price. Ruth brags about the fantastic quality of her t-shirts but I think better quality is to be had from Boden or Kettlewell Colours. Not cheap but both have good offers on from time to time, in fact KC currently have 15% off and free P+P with code KCAQUA

I do buy clothes online, well couldn’t do anything else until now!Tend to go for the likes of M&S, JL or anyone really where I get free p&p and usually returns, if not all the time then wait until there are offers, like Landsend.It would take something very, very exceptional to order from QVC simply for the fact of that old chestnut p&p costs.The chances of getting the right size and fit would be a lottery.I am sure many clothing items from Q would simply not sell if you were able to see and feel the quality, or lack of.How many people would keep something because of the cost of returning, a factor which with other companies is easy & free.Items are def. overpriced, yes looking at you MW and Ruth’s range or the one she puts her name to.I don’t mind paying higher prices for clothes but can judge quality.

I would really like to know exactly how much these slebs get ( Ruth Langsford/Amanda Holden/ Ryan Whatsisname/ etc )- are they paid a 'sign on' fee plus a percentage of sales ? are they contracted for a one-off payment for being the face of the brand ? or purely paid per show plus percentage of sales in that show. I'm not including the likes of Kelly Hoppen or Lola Rose etc, because they are brands that are sold outside of qvc so probably have a different financial set-up.

I would really like to know exactly how much these slebs get ( Ruth Langsford/Amanda Holden/ Ryan Whatsisname/ etc )- are they paid a 'sign on' fee plus a percentage of sales ? are they contracted for a one-off payment for being the face of the brand ? or purely paid per show plus percentage of sales in that show. I'm not including the likes of Kelly Hoppen or Lola Rose etc, because they are brands that are sold outside of qvc so probably have a different financial set-up.
I think it's rather a lot, plus a % of sales. That's why they are so often seen on their shows (pre covid)

I've not tried any of RL's range but at least they look long enough for someone tall like me.

I like M&S quality (though it has gone down over the years) and would always get shocked looking at clothes in Next/New Look etc., as they can't match the M&S quality. Their pricing is relatively good, too. When I wander into JL and look at similar items and see the cost I'm happy to leave the item on the rail.

I won't buy cheap or badly made clothes and I refuse to pay £stupid. I'm a Plain Jane (boring) dresser and prefer classic stuff that I can wear for years to throwaway fashion. M&S suits me fine but I would prefer if more of their tops and t-shirts were a bit longer.

Whaaaaaaat ? Clearly having to expand his cv, even at his age 🤭 🤭 .

I feel sorry for all those young male models who are scratching around for work in this climate, and they see some old geezer who already has a job (albeit qvc) and has an experienced 'profile', taking work away from them.

Whaaaaaaat ? Clearly having to expand his cv, even at his age 🤭 🤭 .

I feel sorry for all those young male models who are scratching around for work in this climate, and they see some old geezer who already has a job (albeit qvc) and has an experienced 'profile', taking work away from them.
I agree, although I suppose it depends on whether the brand is trying to attract the older consumer, in which case I think he's doing a good job.

Latest posts

Back