Ruth In Hot Water!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whaaaaaaat ? Clearly having to expand his cv, even at his age 🤭 🤭 .

I feel sorry for all those young male models who are scratching around for work in this climate, and they see some old geezer who already has a job (albeit qvc) and has an experienced 'profile', taking work away from them.
The Q is just one of the things he does & I think it's quite a minor part of his working life. He's with an agency & does a wide variety of modelling jobs. I imagine that there aren't many of his age & ethnicity so he must be quite busy.

Whaaaaaaat ? Clearly having to expand his cv, even at his age 🤭 🤭 .

I feel sorry for all those young male models who are scratching around for work in this climate, and they see some old geezer who already has a job (albeit qvc) and has an experienced 'profile', taking work away from them.
Glenn is a good looking guy, and most probably will have been selected at a "casting", so it is the bookers at the brand or IW who are culpable, imo, for taking a job away from a younger model, if that's what happened. It may have been that they were only looking at 40+ or even older.
Edited to add: checking out Joe Browns' own website, Glenn is front and centre. I expect IW have sensibly used JB's own photo stock, rather than the in-house awfulness that is Q's photography (when they can be bothered of course!).

Last edited:
He does model the clothes well, he’s not my cup of tea in the looks department though but does seem like a nice enough guy, it’s just for me they lose all credibility and the right to call themselves an fashion “expert” when praising a £90 polyester top, but you’re right T, those bills won’t pay themselves. 🙏❤️ xx

He does model the clothes well, he’s not my cup of tea in the looks department though but does seem like a nice enough guy, it’s just for me they lose all credibility and the right to call themselves an fashion “expert” when praising a £90 polyester top, but you’re right, those bills won’t pay themselves. 🙏❤️ xx
Let's face it they try to rival Shakespeare when it comes to their descriptions of the tat pushed on the Q, sorry, the cutting edge couture available for our delight. I remember him from decades ago & think he's like a fine wine, blah, blah, blah. Of course Shopps, he can't compete with Mr Reynolds who is gorgeous & will continue to be ❤️ On a similar theme I've had Backstreet Boys songs going around my head for weeks & should not have looked at how they are now, Howie's the only one who looks anywhere near normal. Stay away from the fillers Kevin :eek:

Let's face it they try to rival Shakespeare when it comes to their descriptions of the tat pushed on the Q, sorry, the cutting edge couture available for our delight. I remember him from decades ago & think he's like a fine wine, blah, blah, blah. Of course Shopps, he can't compete with Mr Reynolds who is gorgeous & will continue to be ❤️ On a similar theme I've had Backstreet Boys songs going around my head for weeks & should not have looked at how they are now, Howie's the only one who looks anywhere near normal. Stay away from the fillers Kevin :eek:

Wow yes those BB boys have been a bit liberal with the old fillers. 😂

And yes of course you’re right lovely T, I doubt there could ever be anyone to rival Mr Reynolds *sigh*. 😘❤️🥰.

Except Mr Shopps of course.........ahem!

I don't mind old Ruthie really, but I agree, I definitely think her range is vastly overpriced, although so are most ranges on Q to be honest, especially 'fashion'.
Yeah I like Ruth but can’t be doing with overly priced clothes. It feels wrong somehow. Especially when you know people like you .. if that makes sense 🥴

Mr Reynolds?

Back when I first started watching Q in 2009, I remember tuning into fashion shows, expecting to learn something about fashion... how naive was I?!!
I was disappointed and mystified by the shows. We did have some guests who could talk a good game on design and cut, seems and hems, but my poor brain could rarely see the connection to the clothes on show.
When they talked about how opaque some white polyester "trousers" were, my eyes saw something different. When they said a garment disguised the lumps and bumps, I was seeing what they said was not there. Basically a lot of Q clothing shows are nonstop gas gaslighting, imo. And it hasn't stopped. You have to believe yours and not your ears with Q... and search out the few ranges where your purchase won't be returned, donated to charity or otherwise disposed of.

Wow yes those BB boys have been a bit liberal with the old fillers. 😂

And yes of course you’re right lovely T, I doubt there could ever be anyone to rival Mr Reynolds *sigh*. 😘❤️🥰.

Except Mr Shopps of course.........ahem!
There's no ahem with my Mr T, he's just acting like an old git at the moment 👴 apart from the fact that he's got a full head of silver hair this is him! Is it your hair cut day? 🥳✨🤸‍♀️🎆🎉

we are going to get an announcement tonight giving opening dates - expecting it to be 30 April - so only another month to wait for possible hair cut!
Considering the amount of cleaning they do in salons, the huge amount of money that the health & beauty industry puts into the economy & the feeling of self esteem & respect looking good promotes I've been mightily p**sed off with the way salons have been closed down for months on end. This didn't happen in Spain. It's about time those in power & their advisers looked at the dirty places in the country & sorted them out rather than penalising those who have gone above & beyond when it comes to keeping everyone safe. Bojo's a scruff bag & the boffins are the most unattractive group of people I've ever seen so obviously none of them give two hoots about how they look, I do care about my appearance. Rant over.

If Glen would stick to modeling and stop presenting at QVC, I'd be glad. I realize he has a sense of humour, but I can't understand most of what he says, so I don't get his jokes. His vocabulary is laughable : everything has a "vibe" or it "nods" toward something else. He is experienced in the fashion business, I know, and he must have worked hard to get where he is today, but if he remains a BA on QVC, I would recommend a voice coach and an update in fashion terminology.

Don’t forget that, when Glen presents, everything has “a story.”

I quite like Glen but now find myself counting the number of time he says “story” when he’s on screen. 😳

Considering the amount of cleaning they do in salons, the huge amount of money that the health & beauty industry puts into the economy & the feeling of self esteem & respect looking good promotes I've been mightily p**sed off with the way salons have been closed down for months on end. This didn't happen in Spain. It's about time those in power & their advisers looked at the dirty places in the country & sorted them out rather than penalising those who have gone above & beyond when it comes to keeping everyone safe. Bojo's a scruff bag & the boffins are the most unattractive group of people I've ever seen so obviously none of them give two hoots about how they look, I do care about my appearance. Rant over.
Don't hold back !!! 😷 (I thought the same about the cabin crew the last time I travelled with Easyjet - uniforms in need of a good clean, overweight trolley wobblies, and not a scrap of make up to be seen !)

Latest posts

Back