Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 08/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All on advanced order. Are Q finally waking up to being saddled with dud deals. There’s probably a little old lady somewhere priming her sewing machine in case someone places an order. The jacket is bog standard utility, the price must be for something else.

All on advanced order. Are Q finally waking up to being saddled with dud deals. There’s probably a little old lady somewhere priming her sewing machine in case someone places an order. The jacket is bog standard utility, the price must be for something else.
Probably not, change that to a 5 year old child and I think you may be on to something!

Ruth says she goes between 14 and 16. Said she’s wearing a 16. It still looks too small on her. Ali looks the best in all colours.

This RL jacket is almost identical to one I bought about 3 years ago in a Bon Marche sale for £12. It has washed and worn and is still going strong and the navy colour has never faded, nor the quilting effect showing any loose threads or signs of coming unstitched. The jacket is now discontinued and I am sorry I didn`t buy 2 of them. I was torn between the navy or a red one and really should have bought both especially at the sale price.
I bought a similar one but with a hood in Matalan sale 2y ago and like you no break in quilting etc and washes really well, no creasing and dries within a few hours on a hanger. Love it and I got the last one, would have bought more and it has better tailoring than the RL offering, hers is very unflattering. Mine gets compliments often.

I really think rl range is well over priced her clothing goes up in price every time she’s on,I mean £60 inc p&p for a jumper ridiculous but of course as we are constantly being told we can get this home for £28 on easy pay 🤬

I really think rl range is well over priced her clothing goes up in price every time she’s on,I mean £60 inc p&p for a jumper ridiculous but of course as we are constantly being told we can get this home for £28 on easy pay 🤬
Nobody should need to pay for a jumper in instalments, unless it's a proper posh cashmere jobbie. It's their way of trying to mask hideously overpriced goods.

There's no reason for it to be that price - full or tsv price, far too expensive for what it is, and RL's name doesn't add any value. I'd actually go as far to say that it de-values it. I've said it time and time again. There's a lot of Ruth's offerings I'd be happy to wear, but not at those ridiculous prices. I hate to say it, but I'd actually not mind owning the handbag she's recently brought out, but not at £149 + postage. At a push I'd have paid up to £80 for it (incl p&p). They're crazy prices imo!
I do like some of her jumpers.... but deffo not at those prices.

Does this woman never fasten a jacket or a coat properly on tv?
Always open never fastened methinks wearing to small a size,or totally unsuitable when zipped or buttoned up.

Totally agree. She constantly hangs on to each side of the opening, but never does them up. Its like the constant 'pushing up' of sleeve jumpers (and jackets), so we never get to see the true full length (probably so long they cover the hand), and to my mind 'pushing up' sleeves ALWAYS makes the wrist baggy and unwearable.

I had a quick look and was in time to hear del boy trumpet that because it’s on advanced order you can buy now and then cancel if you change your mind. No doubt true but what she didn’t say was give me the sale for my bonus and with luck you’ll forget all about it til it rolls up at you door but that’s your lookout. We know people are open to suggestion and gullible and it’s not pretty.

I had a quick look and was in time to hear del boy trumpet that because it’s on advanced order you can buy now and then cancel if you change your mind. No doubt true but what she didn’t say was give me the sale for my bonus and with luck you’ll forget all about it til it rolls up at you door but that’s your lookout. We know people are open to suggestion and gullible and it’s not pretty.
Its obvious Flinty wants you to order it and guess what it turns up early. You will have to pay to return it and wait ages for a refund! Minus your original postage costs

Why would you buy something that’s not even in stock,advanced orders mean nothing the item could never be in stock,and delboy and QVC have taken your money.Husky tones sharp look to the camera straight off the market stall,don’t fall for it look on Qurio for advanced orders.lol

They don’t take your money until the item is posted but maybe that’s something they could look into!

Her jumpers look really smart bu they are very expensive. £60.00 or thereabouts with postage. Some are more!

I watched and thought the jumpers were incredibly thin. When held up you can see through the back but and not much better with a double layer.

She does give good details but sometimes oh too preachy preachy about detail of tipping this, flat that, and goodness knows what else. I would have been impressed had she not referred to her notes. I did my sewing O level back in 1980 and still remember the terms. Even my teacher wasn't this preach and she was teaching us.

I really can't imagine Ruth Langsford being an expert at dressmaking. Someone's giving her all this guff to learn and then drop into the conversation on her shows. Far too much animal print and pretty ordinary items at huge prices. I do like her vest tops, not that I've bought any though as they are far too long. At 5ft 2in they would be mini dresses on me.

CC

Latest posts

Back