Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 08/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love M&S they do loads of designer stuff and always give good customers like me discount codes plus other offers and sales. They do free delivery if you spend £50.00 or click n collect free at your local store. Its very very very rare that I buy clothing from QVC.
I got a 15 squid voucher as a happy new year- no min spend .

Well the 2 new members both beginning with k have brought racism into a couple of threads which have now been closed so I have to go on RL thread to have a moan🤣it goes to show it is all one sided well done K &K

Well the 2 new members both beginning with k have brought racism into a couple of threads which have now been closed so I have to go on RL thread to have a moan🤣it goes to show it is all one sided well done K &K
Whaaaaaat? I'm completely lost here? K & K? Racism? I thought this was about Ruth? What have I missed?

I have my suspicions that at least one was not a new member.
Whaaaaaat? I'm completely lost here? K & K? Racism? I thought this was about Ruth? What have I missed?
The thread is now closed so I had to comment on this one basically a few of us were complaining about a new presenter showing off all the time and licking a coat and someone said we were being racist because she is a woman of colour 🤷‍♀️Although this wasn’t mentioned

Thanks, I had a look. I hope those commenting on her poor 'work' now feel somewhat vindicated that she has 'been spoken to'
That being so if true, it’s frightening that it has to be possibly only on the back of a viewers complaint. Surely it can’t be right that viewers moderate what presenters put out to the general public.

I was told that there had been another complaint on the same day mine had been received. So inroads were made to check the information - were found to be true and deemed unacceptable. Maybe at a later date when emotions have settled on here, I'll reveal the rest of my lengthy phone conversation.

I Love M&S they do loads of designer stuff and always give good customers like me discount codes plus other offers and sales. They do free delivery if you spend £50.00 or click n collect free at your local store. Its very very very rare that I buy clothing from QVC.
I live in Italy and, if I order anything from QVC it now takes months (yes months) to arrive. I ordered some stuff from M & S at the weekend and the postage and duties were included. The packaes arrived on Wednesday (less than three days). Also, if you want to send stuff back (from Italy remember) the courier is capped at €23. Surely QVC could implement something similar.

You live in Italy and order from QVC ???? please don't tell me you order fashion when you live in one of the best countries in the world. :oops:

I was told that there had been another complaint on the same day mine had been received. So inroads were made to check the information - were found to be true and deemed unacceptable. Maybe at a later date when emotions have settled on here, I'll reveal the rest of my lengthy phone conversation.
I sent an email about her licking the coat and I had a phone call from Q saying that they viewed it and it was unacceptable she was really nice and said there had been a few complaints about this incident and was being passed on to her manager she did say that she was new and had to settle in which I really hope she does calm down a bit don’t worry k and k she’s not getting the sack just a quiet word in her ear

I live in Italy and, if I order anything from QVC it now takes months (yes months) to arrive. I ordered some stuff from M & S at the weekend and the postage and duties were included. The packaes arrived on Wednesday (less than three days). Also, if you want to send stuff back (from Italy remember) the courier is capped at €23. Surely QVC could implement something similar.
Have you tried QVC Italy? Also, M&S Italy? You do not have to pay duty on either of these shopping sites if you live in Italy.

I live in Italy also. Why do you think Italy is one of the best countries in the world, or were you only referring to Italy's fashion industry?

Noooooo, I love everything about Italy, although the traffic goes at breakneck speed like a lot of European countries. LATI picked the best registration name ever 🤭 🤭

Have just checked out QVC Italy and looking at the Nina Leonard site, there appears to be many different styles that we don't get here - still awful though.

Devil's advocate here, but isn't it a little unprofessional and unfair of the person you spoke to tell you this? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they appear to be taking your concerns seriously, but I don't think you should be made party to this information. Without the details of your conversation I don't know exactly what they said. You said that they agreed with you, but there's agreeing and there's agreeing. What I mean by this is saying "Yes, I agree, like you, we expect a level of professionalism from our presenters and this will most certainly be investigated etc etc" or "I agree the behaviour of this individual is disgusting, and they have been reprimanded" these are two different things entirely. Q's a flaming shambles imo. It's up to them as a company to set their standards, and not allow their staff to test the water and see what they can get away with!
I would also like to add that professionalism doesn't have to mean stiff or boring either. Yes everybody will have the odd slip up or a fit of the giggles from time to time, it can't be helped. A sense of fun can be conveyed without going off the rails.

Latest posts

Back