Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 08/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I emailed QVC, quite a while ago, about the presenters being glued to their iPads during shows, I got a phone call and was told that it would be mentioned in a meeting and I was also told that I wasn’t the only one to raise concerns.

The iPads aren’t as evident nowadays, but I doubt that was down to my complaint. It was probably because the novelty of being given an iPad to hold has worn off.

When I emailed QVC, quite a while ago, about the presenters being glued to their iPads during shows, I got a phone call and was told that it would be mentioned in a meeting and I was also told that I wasn’t the only one to raise concerns.

The iPads aren’t as evident nowadays, but I doubt that was down to my complaint. It was probably because the novelty of being given an iPad to hold has worn off.
The difference here is that this practice is obviously something instigated by Q and involves presenters as opposed to one particular individual, therefore I don't see much of a problem in them telling you that you're not the only one. It's also refreshing that they've actually been honest instead of feeding you a load of b/s eg; "We're sorry that you are unhappy with our use of Ipads on screen, however many customers have told us that they love the technology and that customer queries can be answered instantly and they love seeing viewers photographs"
The call Brissles received concerned something/someone more specific. I think it's great that they've taken her concerns seriously enough to call her - should they really sharing their personal opinions, or telling her that she's not the only one? I'm no expert, but I'm sure these conversations will be recorded/go on file. I believe that employees have the right to look at their files or investigation reports should it end up going down the disciplinary/dismissal route - They've got to be careful.

I realise that it’s a totally different issue, but I posted my experience to show that they will tell a customer if there have been other complaints, even if it’s trivial compared to other things about which they have received complaints.

However, my email to them didn’t complain about the fact that the presenters had been given iPads but that several of them were glued to them, rather than listening to the BA, or that they blatantly ordered goods on their iPads when they should have been presenting. As I told them, if a shop assistant did that in a store most of the customers would walk out. Obviously it was nowhere as serious as the issue that brissles raised with them.

I remember Claudia apologising for possibly causing offence, although I didn’t hear what she’d actually said, so hopefully, when she’s next on air she may do the same. At least then we’ll know whether or not QVC have “had a word.”

I realise that it’s a totally different issue, but I posted my experience to show that they will tell a customer if there have been other complaints, even if it’s trivial compared to other things about which they have received complaints.

However, my email to them didn’t complain about the fact that the presenters had been given iPads but that several of them were glued to them, rather than listening to the BA, or that they blatantly ordered goods on their iPads when they should have been presenting. As I told them, if a shop assistant did that in a store most of the customers would walk out. Obviously it was nowhere as serious as the issue that brissles raised with them.

I remember Claudia apologising for possibly causing offence, although I didn’t hear what she’d actually said, so hopefully, when she’s next on air she may do the same. At least then we’ll know whether or not QVC have “had a word.”
I think it best that she doesn't mention it again. The chances are many people won't know what the hell she's talking about, and may look up footage, possibly send her messages of support, complain to Q about her treatment, and the ball will continue to roll. Onwards and upwards, a telling off behind the scenes,and some guidelines given. Hopefully we'll see less of the antics, and a more professional presenting style - that'll do me!

Noooooo, I love everything about Italy, although the traffic goes at breakneck speed like a lot of European countries. LATI picked the best registration name ever 🤭 🤭

Have just checked out QVC Italy and looking at the Nina Leonard site, there appears to be many different styles that we don't get here - still awful though.
I live in Italy because I have no choice. I'd much rather live in my own country. Born and bred Londoner, I am. Coffee, pizza, cheese, olives, salami are a few of the things I find good. I don't like most of the pasta dishes. Too much like baby food! QVC Italy sell Centigrade, and, as you say, Nina Leonard and, would you believe it, Marla Wynne? The other made-in-Italy fashion brands are trendy, flashy and mostly inferior as to quality and fit. Same old story!

Latest posts

Back