Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 09/04/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If flicked over and heard JR announce she was wearing the size 10 and it was the right size for her, presumed she meant that jacket. I really think she is beyond delusional as it was at least 2 sizes too small..........too tight, too short, looks ridiculous.....
It may be true under normal light, away from the cameras, but maybe Julia should look at herself as she looks on camera, and not RL. If you are shorter, any extra weight can be brutally exposed. The taller you are the more places the weight can hide.

It may be true under normal light, away from the cameras, but maybe Julia should look at herself as she looks on camera, and not RL. If you are shorter, any extra weight can be brutally exposed. The taller you are the more places the weight can hide.

That is so true.

I think we've all read those weight loss stories in every magazine, but the articles rarely mention the height of those losing weight. I look at some in horror as they are nearly always classified as being a size 22 and at 20 stone plus. I think, God on a bike I take a 22 in a lot of fashion but I don't LOOK LIKE THAT !!! with a fat face and underchins, huuuge belly and equally huuuge legs. Then they are transformed to a size 10 weighing 9 stone wet through. Occasionally the height of 5'2 is reported, well, funny how I'm 5'7 a size 22 and weigh just under 15 stone !!!

Oh, and lets not forget the 'before' diet of 10 rounds of toast and cream cheese, mid morning crisps and chocolate, pizza and hot chocolate for lunch, and takeaways for dinner at night. If I ate that lot I wouldn't be a 22 I'd be a size 36 - which is what most in the magazines look like !

That is so true.

I think we've all read those weight loss stories in every magazine, but the articles rarely mention the height of those losing weight. I look at some in horror as they are nearly always classified as being a size 22 and at 20 stone plus. I think, God on a bike I take a 22 in a lot of fashion but I don't LOOK LIKE THAT !!! with a fat face and underchins, huuuge belly and equally huuuge legs. Then they are transformed to a size 10 weighing 9 stone wet through. Occasionally the height of 5'2 is reported, well, funny how I'm 5'7 a size 22 and weigh just under 15 stone !!!

Oh, and lets not forget the 'before' diet of 10 rounds of toast and cream cheese, mid morning crisps and chocolate, pizza and hot chocolate for lunch, and takeaways for dinner at night. If I ate that lot I wouldn't be a 22 I'd be a size 36 - which is what most in the magazines look like !
Some are lucky with how their weight affects their faces. Look at Dawn French, who had a great face with jaw definition. Contrast with Mama June (Dance Moms reality tv) who had the misfortune to have her weight affect her face. Some of it is our genetic disposition to lay down fat in different places.
Being 5'8 and busty, many don't believe I'm particularly big or heavy as I'm mostly in proportion.
Even if you have good instincts on what to eat, if you aren't also disciplined on how much to eat, it can become difficult to keep your weight in check.
Science is always evolving, and when you eat is also now known to have an effect.

I decided to order this TSV as I needed a pair of nice stretchy jeans. They arrived today and what a disappointment. They were inside a polythene bag and as soon as I opened it I noticed a smell like damp as if the had been in an old cellar for weeks which put me off straight away. When I took them out of the bag I could tell they were nice and stretchy but the material was not the quality I expected and the legs were far too wide for me. They have already gone back. Lesson learned.

Am I the only one who suffers from sliding syndrome ? trousers that are full of elastene never seem to stay up on me. After a while they start sliding down, so I'm constantly hitching them up, hence I steer clear of all the stretch every which way type.

Am I the only one who suffers from sliding syndrome ? trousers that are full of elastene never seem to stay up on me. After a while they start sliding down, so I'm constantly hitching them up, hence I steer clear of all the stretch every which way type.
You are not alone especially with ‘jegging’ type trousers.

I put this comment here because RL does have an awful lot of colours in her range. Looking at the clothes I have, apart from a bright orange T-shirt, everything is in a more muted version. My wardrobe is not drab, far from it. I like black and white, navy and white. My pink stuff is a mixture of baby/dusty, and coral. Blues - Airforce, duck egg, baby, and of course denim, I like Khaki green, sage, forest , so you get the picture. Some of my dresses have pops of colour in the patterns, I have florals, stripes and everything in between. What I don't care for are big blocks of "Mr Tumble" primary colours, shocking pinks, emerald greens, and I really can't stand purple. I'm not afraid of colour, but would much rather add a pop of colour using accessories instead. Having said all this I'm all for bright coloured swimwear - that can be as bright as you like!
My idea of clothing hell is one of Ruth's acrylic cricket jumpers in the bubblegum pink or the orange, even if you wear it with jeans, to me it's one of those outfits that wears you!

Unfortunately being a size and shape which is hard to make look good I tend to buy anything which fits and looks ok so I never really take colour into consideration but that doesn’t stop me from having preferences. Because of this I’ve never been one for saying “I don’t suit xyz” for me if it fits that’s good enough!

I rarely wear pink yet when I do people say it really suits me not that I go looking for it especially now being older and I’m definitely not like Jill F and her obsession with Barbie pink.

I ordered the TSV in size 14regular. I’m a 12 at the moment having lost weight with Covid.
It’s the first item I’ve had from RL.
They fit well . Not tight. I think size 12 would be too tight. I don’t like form fitting stretch jeans.the crop is not too short on me. 5ft 4
I’m surprised I like them as I generally slag off Ruth’s clothes as frumpy.
I still won’t be buying the rest of her range.

I put this comment here because RL does have an awful lot of colours in her range. Looking at the clothes I have, apart from a bright orange T-shirt, everything is in a more muted version. My wardrobe is not drab, far from it. I like black and white, navy and white. My pink stuff is a mixture of baby/dusty, and coral. Blues - Airforce, duck egg, baby, and of course denim, I like Khaki green, sage, forest , so you get the picture. Some of my dresses have pops of colour in the patterns, I have florals, stripes and everything in between. What I don't care for are big blocks of "Mr Tumble" primary colours, shocking pinks, emerald greens, and I really can't stand purple. I'm not afraid of colour, but would much rather add a pop of colour using accessories instead. Having said all this I'm all for bright coloured swimwear - that can be as bright as you like!
My idea of clothing hell is one of Ruth's acrylic cricket jumpers in the bubblegum pink or the orange, even if you wear it with jeans, to me it's one of those outfits that wears you!
I have both these colours in the Cricket Jumpers and do like them!

I have both these colours in the Cricket Jumpers and do like them!
The “cricket” jumpers aren’t acrylic. They’re cotton/viscose mix. No, I don’t have them (I rarely wear jumpers, too much internal heating going on), but remember seeing a presentation of them and have just double checked.
I’m not sure why I felt the need to, but hey ho…..

The “cricket” jumpers aren’t acrylic. They’re cotton/viscose mix. No, I don’t have them (I rarely wear jumpers, too much internal heating going on), but remember seeing a presentation of them and have just double checked.
I’m not sure why I felt the need to, but hey ho…..
I stand corrected but to me they look like they're acyrlic. Each to their own I guess. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing!

Latest posts

Back