Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 15/02/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are lots of blouses/shirts everywhere at the moment and seeing as this RL one is bog standard poly elastine then its nothing different than you`d find in supermarkets or other websites except its probably dearer.

Good heaven's it's nearly £40! That's outrageous! The full price of £49 is an absolute joke! I would not expect to pay more than £14 for something like that....and if you look around the high street you probably wouldn't have to!

I don't like shirts & blouses & had years of three shirts a day needing to be washed & ironed (from husband & kids) so never added any of my own. It's expensive for a not very exciting, wear for work top in polyester.

This one is a definite NO for me. Polyester is never the answer once you hit a certain time of life!
When you can buy viscose and other naturally-derived products for half this price and no p&p or rigmarole to return it and get your money back on the dreaded high street - why do you need to order from QVC?

Normally Ruth's stuff is nice - but I think her TSVs are poor quality for the very high price.

I can see a pattern here - I'm seeing Marla Wynne all over again.

Engaging guest, some nice clothes, higher pricepoint but for decent fabrics... then BOOM! TSV, and down the quality goes. :(:eek::poop:

Grim. It doesn't skim the body - RL's got what my dad called a 'Community Chest' & it's straining to get out. The plain ones are horrible, the black & white prints are migraine inducing but the red one gets first prize for being absolutely vile.

These shirts are very similar to the Nina Leonard/Attitudes ones .Im sure I’ve seen the geo prints before and Ruth was saying a lady comes with a huge suitcase full of fabrics / prints so she can choose what she wants .But Q calls the shots. The garish colours are the standard Q polyester ones apart from the red which is probably why it sold out.
I don’t like the shape being quite skinny and older this shape looks like a sack on me.

Well, after watching the show I've (almost) got to eat my words. The models looked lovely in them, especially the print ones. Being tall and slim the fabric looked really fluid and didn't cling to any lump or bump - because they wasn't any! The dark model who's rather more blessed up top than the others looked amazing too, she wore hers tucked into a tight skirt and created a very smart/cheeky "office look" Also seeing the garment up close, the button detail on the sleeves looked nice as did the pleat at the back. But!!!! On Ruth and Gilly presenting, they looked awful Gilly wore a pattern and it just looked like she looked like was trying to cover a multitude of sins by wearing a big baggy top, and Ruth looked like a sack of spuds in the pink one....it clung in all the wrong places and was pretty unflattering. After watching as I'm fortunate only to need a small or medium, I may have been tempted and bought a couple.....but not at that price it's ridiculous would have been happy to buy a couple at £15 each which is what they're worth!

Ruth's presentation spiel and hand orchestra is exactly the same whatever the garment is. And the way she goes on about the ****** jeans ! as though she's invented them. Yes, she may sit around the table - after her morning tv stint and lunch, discussing what QVC are going to present in her name 6 months from now, but giving us a load of old guff about 'designing' and choosing fabrics, is treating us all as idiots. She takes her fee and forgets about it until she sees whats on the rail before her next programme. If she was that involved, she would promote it by wearing it on her morning programme.

Latest posts

Back