Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 15/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

“And here is Ruth (with the blinking jumper stretched over her hips like a tightrope) wearing a size larger /smaller than her high street size and she feels its just perfect for wearing over/under a coat/blouse.”

julia “I’m in a medium because I’m not getting to my home gym, but I would normally wear an X small in Ruth’s clothes”

“We all feel so comfortable now that cooler evenings are here when we go to the concert in the park (SD strictly adhered to) towards the end we can fling it over our shoulders and stay to the end of the last symphony rather than dashing back to the car park. We would wear it on the plane but that is now out the window.“

we can write the script.

And not forgetting that Ruth - (with her tightly stretched over the hips jumper) will always have a blazer/biker jacket/long cardi over the top, which she keeps pulling together to hide the flaws, along with her too long trousers so she wears high heels to stop them scraping the floor.

Ruth I'm 11 years older than you, and I wouldn't wear your stuff if you paid me to (although I appreciate some would)

picture

Attachments

• ssaddsda.jpg
    ssaddsda.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 209
I see she has jumped on the old jumpsuit bandwagon.

In Marks today I saw a reversible biker jacket (suede one side leather the other) reduced to £91 from £249 which isn’t a lot more than Q plastic ones. The sizes were all big and I wasn’t sure about it so didn’t investigate it further. That’s a sale price not £2 off and £1.95 on postage .

Sorry, but that picture looks like a 1950's middle aged woman trying to look 'trendy' - and THOSE shoes make it worse. Cant wait for all her 'spiel - "plenty of stretch, 3 length sizes, I asked for pockets, and I thought the collar just makes it ideal for the workplace " yawn yawn yawn

Ruth Langsford Shirt Jumpsuit TSV 15/08/20 (going on sale early)

Petite

Regular

Tall

Attachments

• ruth tsv 1.jpg
    ruth tsv 1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 117
  • ruth tsv 2.jpg
    ruth tsv 2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 129
  • ruth tsv 3.jpg
    ruth tsv 3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 124
  • ruth tsv 4.jpg
    ruth tsv 4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 108
It’s a patterned ditsey print which is even worse. As said its just like RL and her helmet hair, someone’s idea of trendy gone wrong. TBH Kim’s look better.
[/QUOTE

Yep Kim’s at least have some semblance of something you’d be happy to be seen in despite the impracticalities of an all in one garment. I can’t think of anyone who’d even think of going out wearing a garish bright red patterned/floral shirt with trousers to match!!! Yes ok it comes in plain colours too but with a stiff shirt like top half it just looks weird ! At least kimmy’s black version looked like an evening dress. Ruth, my lovely stick to your day job and enjoy all the compliments you get from viewers for your Primani and Tesco dresses..and leave the world of fashion to the professionals!

It’s a patterned ditsey print which is even worse. As said its just like RL and her helmet hair, someone’s idea of trendy gone wrong. TBH Kim’s look better.
I think her hair looks quite good in the photo. I’m not keen on the jumpsuit but I’m not really a fan of jumpsuit.

Yes. you can see its going to be described as a worky 'job', and with the top buttons and collar (although designed long before Covid) it will be aimed at the Zoom generation who are working from home, and will look 'professional' from the waist up.

Anyway, where else could a babygro go ? All the necklines, sleeve lengths, hem lengths have been done before , so I suppose a collar was inevitable. Cant wait to see what Ruth 'suggested' and what she 'designed'. At the end of the day this is a QVC brand, and getting homely Ruth Langsford to 'front' it was a genius marketing strategy. Like all the other 'own' brands, like Rylan Clark-Whatever and his candles, and Ambitious Holden with her tacky stuff. All get paid a fortune to stand in front of a camera to wax lyrical about 'their' products.

I agree re the Ruth Langsford clothes line - genius strategy of someone at QVC because her personality, ability to sound like one of us (presumably from her many years on breakfast chatty programme) and her friendship with Jackie Kabler must mean that Friday show makes QVC mega bucks. Although I like Rylan (particularly on Gogglebox with his mum 😂🤣😂) I am not drawn to buying his stuff and wouldn’t touch Amanda’s offerings (so fake and those Instagram self shots are embarrassing and all about me me me me) ....well that’s my opinion anyway for what it’s worth!

Yes. you can see its going to be described as a worky 'job', and with the top buttons and collar (although designed long before Covid) it will be aimed at the Zoom generation who are working from home, and will look 'professional' from the waist up.

Anyway, where else could a babygro go ? All the necklines, sleeve lengths, hem lengths have been done before , so I suppose a collar was inevitable. Cant wait to see what Ruth 'suggested' and what she 'designed'. At the end of the day this is a QVC brand, and getting homely Ruth Langsford to 'front' it was a genius marketing strategy. Like all the other 'own' brands, like Rylan Clark-Whatever and his candles, and Ambitious Holden with her tacky stuff. All get paid a fortune to stand in front of a camera to wax lyrical about 'their' products.

Blimey Brissles if they don't come up with that idea I'll wanna know why? They should offer you a job, but I think you'd say it as it is lol! Yes I can hear them now...on that zoom call with the boss/a client..then the doorbell rings and it's your bestie mate with a bottle of gin...time for a cheeky cocktail. The bat wing jump suit's yet to come not seen one of those yet. But hey what about one with poppers in the crotch and a secret popper front and back where you can hitch up the fabric on either side...then you can have a wee without having to strip the whole dang thing off! Or a "Scottish Widows" hood for extra sophistication. Make one with a built in fan and I'll be impressed...or better still make one in a natural fabric...that'd be a first!

Thanks M !

As for the poppers in the crotch, I'm surprised they 'haven't gone there', it would be far more practical than yanking down the whole garment, and in a suspect public loo trying to keep the damn thing off the floor is nigh on impossible, the only way is to take it off completely !

Back in the 70s (from Kaleidoscope) I bought two lovely leotard style tops (white stretch lace and a black spotted one) that had crotch poppers (conjures up an image 🤭 ), they were great under trousers and skirts, as there was no 'ride up'. They looked really sleek - I had the figure then, but that innovation seems to have gone the way of the Betamax video and all the other gadgets that were cutting edge at the time.

Thanks M !

As for the poppers in the crotch, I'm surprised they 'haven't gone there', it would be far more practical than yanking down the whole garment, and in a suspect public loo trying to keep the damn thing off the floor is nigh on impossible, the only way is to take it off completely !

Back in the 70s (from Kaleidoscope) I bought two lovely leotard style tops (white stretch lace and a black spotted one) that had crotch poppers (conjures up an image 🤭 ), they were great under trousers and skirts, as there was no 'ride up'. They looked really sleek - I had the figure then, but that innovation seems to have gone the way of the Betamax video and all the other gadgets that were cutting edge at the time.

Oh bugger..forgot about yer knickers..where the hell would they go?!!!

Latest posts

Back