Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 15/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My goodness me of all the clothing that could be brought as TSV’s why on earth are the brands bringing just what’s gone before.
Must be the fashion buyers that are advising what has been before and sold.
As the QVC USA guests would say cookie cutter designs.

These baggy jumpsuits, palazzos, kimono sleeves, boxy tops, shark bites, high front long backs etc are lazy garments because they don’t have to fit well - they just add a couple of inches all round to get the next size.

In theory and from QVC’s viewpoint this will reduce returns and encourage people to order another colour etc when the first garment fits. Well, doesn’t actually fit, it’s big enough and baggy enough to accommodate whatever body shape.

I know she will make a big thing about the sleeves covering the top of your arms, but it’s still showing your elbows, would rather long sleeves that can be rolled up.😄

My pet hate with long sleeves - on any garment of any brand, is when the models insist on pushing up the sleeves to their elbows. All a bit 80's when the cuffs were turned back to reveal the lining and then pushed up, and accessorised with a bouffant mullet hair style, padded shoulders and huge earrings ! Noooooooo !

It doesn't give any indication as to how long they really are, and if ordered could find the cuffs are way below your fingers, not a good look. If they want a shorter sleeve just buy a 3/4 one ! same difference.

Years ago I fired off an email to Michelle Hopeless because on one occasion, all her cardis and tops with long sleeves were all pushed up to elbow length by the models, and it infuriated the hell out of me.

My pet hate with long sleeves - on any garment of any brand, is when the models insist on pushing up the sleeves to their elbows. All a bit 80's when the cuffs were turned back to reveal the lining and then pushed up, and accessorised with a bouffant mullet hair style, padded shoulders and huge earrings ! Noooooooo !

It doesn't give any indication as to how long they really are, and if ordered could find the cuffs are way below your fingers, not a good look. If they want a shorter sleeve just buy a 3/4 one ! same difference.

Years ago I fired off an email to Michelle Hopeless because on one occasion, all her cardis and tops with long sleeves were all pushed up to elbow length by the models, and it infuriated the hell out of me.
The model is there to demonstrate a garment & you're so right about long sleeves being worn full length to show that length, push them up to show they stay up as an alternative but not all the time. The professional models that disappeared a few years ago showed every aspect of the clothes they wore from turning up a collar to unbuttoning a jacket, taking it off to then put it on again all while smiling & standing elegantly.

Because I take a larger body size but my legs and arms are short I like bracelet length sleeves which often turn out full length.

i like a full sleeve shirt turned up but never a coat, looked ridiculous on M Jackson/G Michael types and even more ridiculous on Joe Public.

Talking about Michele Hope(less) don't often see her clobber unless it's in clearance. Imvo she hasn't even got the right to lick Kimmy's boots, or Marla's, Ruth's even - Her clothes are so awful. She has absolutely no idea on anything. I could probably dig deep and find something positive to say about the others but Michele - Nothing, zilch, diddly squat..Her colour palette is horrendous and comes fresh out of a 1970's Brentford nylons catalogue, the styling is just as bad..housecoats, fake lace, frills and flounces, colours that clash, patterns that could actually bring on a migraine, material that would cause sparks when you walk ,and make you sweat like a horse even in the dead of winter! If I were to say anything positive that would be that she is obviously a passionate designer...I don't get the impression she's just churning out stuff that somebody else has designed but wouldn't be seen dead in herself...She "is the brand" she believes in it..you only have to look at her to realise that. She looks like a cross between an aging Barbie doll and a washed up caberet singer from the 1970's who obviously wishes it was still the 1970s. Don't get me wrong 70's retro can look stunning but very easy to get wrong...and she's thus succeeded in the latter!

if you lived through a decade you should never ever revisit it again.

Your description of M H is spot on, the one brownie point I will give her (to bring her score up to minus 15] is that like Kimmy she knows her products, no “this is orange, no maybe green, no it’s more of a purple“

Michelle Hope always reminds me of the bosses wife, if you ever worked in the clothing trade she would waft in all glammed up,giving her opinions/ ideas before disappearing for lunch with the girls.

Katie in Kipling hour 12 o’clock model black

Attachments

• 444A6FE7-2CD7-4C78-B04E-A0138AB8B86F.jpeg
    444A6FE7-2CD7-4C78-B04E-A0138AB8B86F.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 124
I’m afraid she is one of those women who insist that they and their young daughters are mistaken for sisters ! Boke, NO mother should go down this route even though it is all over SM - you are her bliddy mother FGS get a grip on yourself as worse case biology wise you are at least 16 years older than her not her teenage friend.

At one time MH would be on QVC as often as Marla Wynne is now. So I wonder who else she sells her clothes to other than QVC, because being rarely on, she cant possibly stay afloat with the sales from one outlet.

It was rumoured some years ago, that she did the styling for some of the Per Una styles at M & S, as the lacy styles were suspiciously alike. But now that Per Una has been reduced down to a handful of styles, thats now unlikely.

I agree she looks like Dolly Partons younger sister minus the chesticles, but the hair, nails, make up, kinky boots, are all Country Music related.

Michele Hope is nice enough when she's on, seems to care about her customers but I find it all very dated. She does have lovely colours though but the fabrics and styles are 20 or 30 years old. Years ago I bought a couple of things but sent them back as a 10/12 was too small and a 14/16 miles too big.

CC

if you lived through a decade you should never ever revisit it again.

I'm guilty of doing that. I have always loved Laura Ashley & for many years wore very little else, including shoes & perfume. I have no idea where all my originals went but over the past couple of years I've started buying items from eBay & Etsy. These aren't the Little House On The Prairie styles or the 1980s sailor dresses but some of the striped summer dresses I loved, a few skirts & recently a couple of fine needlecord jackets. Every one is in amazing condition, there are no loose stitiches or seams & those with buttons still have the spares attached. I dithered whether a granny in her 60s could go back to a much simpler era & decided she could.

Ruth Langsford Jersey Shirt Jumpsuit Short

Short

Regular

Long

QVC Price £72.00
Todays Special Value Price £53.98
P&P £3.95
2 Easy Pays of £26.99

A complete outfit - looking for a grab-and-go piece that'll leave you looking fabulous, even if you're getting ready in a hurry? For an effortlessly put-together yet simple to style ensemble, throw on this jumpsuit, add a pair of trainers and a handbag, you'll be out the door in minutes!

Wear it your way - with its classic fit that'll complement all body shapes and a straight-leg design, this jumpsuit can be transformed with ease to suit any occasion. For a day of running errands, shopping or just relaxing in the garden, pair with flat sandals, a large tote bag and add your favourite sunnies if needed, for an outfit that oozes relaxed sophistication. Heading out for dinner or meeting with friends? Swap your sandals for a pair of heels and layer on sparkling jewellery for a timeless yet eye-catching look.

Trans-seasonal style - the sun is starting to set on summer, but this jumpsuit will prove to be a key piece in your wardrobe for transitioning through the seasons. On warm days, wear as is, and adorn yourself with sun-soaked accessories for good measure. As we start to feel crisp, autumnal weather setting in, snuggle up with a chunky jumper over the top for an ensemble that's as stylish as it is functional.

Decision time - with five colour options on offer, this jumpsuit will really let your personality shine through. If you like to show off your inner wild side, opt for Animal Print, or go bold with Cobalt. If pattern is your thing, try Red Speckle Print, or keep it classic with the timeless Black or Taupe.

• Short sleeves
  • 95% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black
  • Cobalt
  • Taupe
  • Red Speckle Print
  • Animal Print
Garment measurements:

The model is there to demonstrate a garment & you're so right about long sleeves being worn full length to show that length, push them up to show they stay up as an alternative but not all the time. The professional models that disappeared a few years ago showed every aspect of the clothes they wore from turning up a collar to unbuttoning a jacket, taking it off to then put it on again all while smiling & standing elegantly.
Goody was the master of how to sell clothes on TV she was a star

Ruth should NOT be modelling it. The taupe and blue colours are not flattering from crotch to waist, and does nothing for the waistline. Black is the only one that looks ok, because you cant see the detail ! 🤭

AND its going to be over 70 quid after tsv day ????!!!! are they insane ??

Oh Brissles you beat me to it.....🐫🦶.
Loved the bit when she suggested you could wear it with trainers and a rucksack (just in case you didn't feel sweaty enough) I predict it would look ok (from a distance) on a small skinny model in flat sandals ..but flat's gonna be the operative word here ...if you have curves - forget it! The whole thing looks like a "before" pic in an advert for Activia yoghurt…."Oh I'm so bloated!"

Latest posts

Back