Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 15/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was an article online this week from one of the magazines and it was all about Ruth`s outfits on This Morning and where you could buy them. Marks, Boss, Whistles, Dorothy Perkins, John Lewis, Debenhams were just some of the places her outfits could be found but no mention of either buying/wearing anything from QVC even though one of the dresses in the article was from a brand Q sells but had been purchased from John Lewis.
Back to the jumpsuit, it resembles a style the Land Girls wore back in the war, not that I was around back then but you know what I mean !

I've wondered this before, that slebs who are brand ambassadors and endorse a brand on QVC never give it a mention in their 'other life'. I would have thought QVC would love the publicity. Occasionally on the beauty pages of magazines, amongst other items there would be an item of jeweller or beauty that said can be bought at QVC.com, but all the 'names' who appear regularly on tv ie Ryan - Clarks Shoes, Ambitious Holden, Joan Collins, Langsford, etc never give their QVC products a plug.

I don't know if anyone else gets the daily emails about the latest or upcoming TSV but today's about the Ruth L one was a treat. They evidently got the P&P wrong so, in a first for QVC (as they usually don't spot these things for days, if at all, or don't change them when told), they rushed out another email within a couple of hours saying they had put the wrong P&P earlier (£2.95 when it should be £3.95). Apparently "the heat has broken our calculator". What's a calculator got to do with it? Why can't they just be honest and say "Our web and e-communications team is useless so you were given the wrong P&P and because we are so damned money-grabbing, we couldn't let it go in case people made an extra pound out of us at a time when they need it more than we do"??

Slightly off topic but last night I saw the model Kirsty Anne wearing the RL belted midi shirt dress (The one we all thought looked like a work uniform) She was in the orange/white patterned one and it looked stunning on her...but of course she's young tall and column thin - Good job they also showed pics of a larger and older model and Ruth herself wearing it, otherwise people might have bought thinking they'd be getting themselves a nice dress. On that note I'm wondering whether she'll be one of the models used to display the imminent jumpsuit of disgustingness 'cause if she can't carry it off -it's even more of a duffer than we imagined! Talk of the devil...there's a Michele Hope(less) hour this afternoon that should be good for a laugh and if the hideous scratchy lace cardi in all colours putrid I saw last night is anything to go by...we're in for a proper treat!

I hate anything with breast pockets. Nearly 45 years ago when I had my first son, nursing bras had flaps in the front of them which you unhooked to feed your baby. Breast pockets always remind me of those flaps and are situated in the exact same spot.

Sitting having a coffee and catching up with emails etc and Q was on advertising RL jumpsuit Mr L said “does RL own QVC now” . When someone who has no interest in Q thinks that it’s time for a rethink. He obviously hasn’t been in the room when MW shows are on or he might think RL is only a Johnny come lately.

The Hopester’s on! Looking like a cross between Goldie Hawn and my little pony! So far the nasty lace jacket/camisole modelled by a lady wearing it with a pair of far too tight “manure mist” sausage leg trousers. Might switch off.. it’s a horror show! Oh sh*t ..it’s getting worse. I don’t think Ms Hope’s all there!! I think the presenters are good actors/liars..I couldn’t keep a straight face!

Doesn’t Grandma Barbie ever move her backside off that ****** stool? She’s got poor Julia doing all the running round ! Still I suppose it’s exercise for her broken ankle.

Head above parapet time... I had a look, saw this & liked it. I'd never buy it because it's made in China, but it's the sort of thing I'd take on holiday, you know that time when we live somewhere else for a couple of weeks & have fun✈🛳 :cool:💃🍦🥂🍹

New show, new outfit. This time black leggings (improvement) but tighter top (no no no)

obviously she can either do top or bottom but not both!

Head above parapet time... I had a look, saw this & liked it. I'd never buy it because it's made in China, but it's the sort of thing I'd take on holiday, you know that time when we live somewhere else for a couple of weeks & have fun✈🛳 :cool:💃🍦🥂🍹
Although would you pay over £57 squid for it?

I wear things on holiday I wouldn’t wear at home (look ridiculous in the rain for a start).

Slightly off topic but last night I saw the model Kirsty Anne wearing the RL belted midi shirt dress (The one we all thought looked like a work uniform) She was in the orange/white patterned one and it looked stunning on her...but of course she's young tall and column thin - Good job they also showed pics of a larger and older model and Ruth herself wearing it, otherwise people might have bought thinking they'd be getting themselves a nice dress. On that note I'm wondering whether she'll be one of the models used to display the imminent jumpsuit of disgustingness 'cause if she can't carry it off -it's even more of a duffer than we imagined! Talk of the devil...there's a Michele Hope(less) hour this afternoon that should be good for a laugh and if the hideous scratchy lace cardi in all colours putrid I saw last night is anything to go by...we're in for a proper treat!
I watched the Michelle Hope hour. I’m always fascinated by her mahogany tan . She seems proud her garments have sparkle all over them.

I got one of these last year in their sale and they``re great for holidays. They have a bit of a sparkle to them, weigh nothing, don`t crease and are washable. It was ideal for over trousers or dresses. I waited until their end of Summer sale and I think I paid about £15 for it which included free delivery. They call the colour I bought pink but it isn`t a pink pink, its more of a rose gold colour because of the metallic thread.

Latest posts

Back