Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Ruth TSV 3.jpg
    Ruth TSV 3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 237
The plain ones just look cheap, the patterned ones look like a bank teller's uniform. The buff brown one is particularly disgusting..so once again, it's a no from me. We don't even know the price yet but I'd be surprised whether you'd get one home for less than £40...Though I wouldn't want a dress like that for £20 or under..not great!

That`s one dreary looking dress. It reminds me of the dresses one of my Primary school teachers wore many moons ago, they were all the same style just different drab colours or flowery prints and she probably used a Simplicity pattern and knocked out half a dozen of them. Mrs Parker she was called and she also wore Edna Everage style glasses and brown lace up shoes and she had a mean aim with a ruler across your knuckles. I started school in 1959 so it would about 1961 when I was in Mrs Parker`s class and she`d be chuffed to bits that Ruthie was using her as her muse lol

Not a dress for me, there are much better ones out there of similar style.

I agree LATI she tries to pull it off, wearing jeans with stilettos and a biker jacket, but its a look that doesn't "look right" on her. Rather like back in the 60's when your mum who was an 'old' 40 something , and her putting on a mini skirt - nooooooooo, not with permed hair mum !!!!

And when was Ruth last photographed wearing something from her 'own line' ? Also you're right again LATI when she maintains how roomy her jumpers are, then she wears one thats belly tight around her middle - she must use the same mirror as Julia Roberts. I remember working with another secretary whose idea of 'casual' was a pencil skirt with a jumper and then a belt around her waist but OVER the jumper ! so 1950's.

£44.98 + post

I said previously I doubted whether you'd get it home for under £40..now we're looking at almost £50...surely they're having a laugh, especially when this is supposed to be a special price. If I was spending that sort of money on a dress I'd expect not to sweat buckets in it cos it's 100% polyester, and not look like I was working in a building society! Don't get me wrong I have got a few acrylic dresses and they look nice, though they're not great for high summer for obvious reasons..but they cost what they're worth - Between £10 - £20.

Ruth Langsford Belted Midi Dress

Petite

Regular

Tall

QVC Price £62.50
Todays Special Value Price £44.98
P&P £2.95

This midi dress by Ruth Langsford features a stylish removable belt that cinches you in at your narrowest point, short butterfly sleeves and a revere collar. Crafted from a comfortable, stretchy fabric, this dress is as flattering as it is versatile making it the ultimate addition to your summer wardrobe.

Figure flattering style - designed to emphasise your waistline while skimming over your curves, this dress is perfect for giving you the much-coveted hourglass look. If you want to change up your ensemble and go for something a little more relaxed, simply remove the belt for a more laid-back look.

Wherever, whenever - providing a chic base for many styling options, this fashionable frock can be accessorised to suit the occasion. For a paired-back everyday outfit, try with trainers or flat sandals and add a denim jacket for a bespoke layered style. For something a touch dressier, team with a pair of heels and your favourite statement jewellery.

Colour crazy - with six prints and shades on offer to take your pick from, there is a midi dress to suit every taste. If print is your thing, opt for Mono Spot Print or Orange Spot Print for a classic style. If you prefer a timeless neutral, choose Black or Sand for an option that'll complement your favourite accessories with ease. For something that'll add a splash of summer flair to your repertoire, why not try Cobalt or Magenta?

• 95% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:
  • Mono Spot Print
  • Orange Spot Print
  • Black
  • Cobalt
  • Sand
  • Magenta

Oh, I can just hear her droning on now, with the same spiel she uses on all her 'stuff', about the lovely length sleeves to cover up our flabby bits, and I asked for it to come below the knees, and how I wanted colours to suite every occasion ; then its strokey strokey and how plus plus size Natasha looks absolutely stunning (?) in it.
Gawd.

It’s another PASS from me........
We bagged up my winter clothes yesterday some I’d not even worn with tags still on. Hubby then got my summer wardrobe down from the attic, loads of maxi dresses some vest type and some more dresser that I’ve worn in the evening on holiday. Looked at everything and thought there’s things here not even been worn.
Really can’t see me being able to get out to wear all this stuff, anyway this summer.

Mum used to wear dresses like this in the 1960’s, she called them button-through shift dresses. Usually plain or a subtle pattern or texture, not floral. She looked nice because they were properly tailored to give her a shape and were never A Line’.

Mum used to wear dresses like this in the 1960’s, she called them button-through shift dresses. Usually plain or a subtle pattern or texture, not floral. She looked nice because they were properly tailored to give her a shape and were never A Line’.
Look at the pics of Ruth in the Magenta & Vapid colourways......Yikes!

Latest posts

Back