Ruth Langsford New Range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frightening isn't it ? all the fashion that is churned out by 'designers' in their tonnes of millions for QVC from China, is a world fraction of the stuff that ends up in landfill. All those garish print poly/elastene tops and frocks clogging up the world's atmosphere. I'm not a rabid environmentalist, but doesn't it make you think.

Frightening isn't it ? all the fashion that is churned out by 'designers' in their tonnes of millions for QVC from China, is a world fraction of the stuff that ends up in landfill. All those garish print poly/elastene tops and frocks clogging up the world's atmosphere. I'm not a rabid environmentalist, but doesn't it make you think.
I am a rabid environmentalist & it makes me extremely angry.

She obviously fits the BBC agenda, she’ll be presenting more daytime TV soon! I do like her though, she seems nice.

I did actually see a couple of Ruth's jumpers I liked, and had I not been so offended by the price, and not being so strict with my clothes buying I might've been tempted. This got me thinking...I wonder how much of Q's fashion is bought purely upon impulse. Say I was looking for a dress to wear for an occassion or something as simple as a new jumper, Pre covid, I'd have found something on the high street. If shopping online, I'd go to usual suspects websites eg M&S, Next and failing finding anything there would google what I wanted to see what came up. With these shows however, its so easy to spot something and just buy it without without a second thought. Doubt if anyone, anywhere had been searching for a jumpsuit, but saw one of Kim's or Ruth's and thought yeah, that's a good idea, then get themselves sucked into the idea of the clothes being designer, exclusive and keep on buying. I suppose they have to have a usp and for them it's overpriced fake-designer non essential clothes that people will buy with their eyes closed and their brains switched off...I'm as guilty as the next person (though not with the fashion)!

It's always been my tv guilty pleasure & I loved Lucy Alexander. I think Jacqui will be good & when I told my Mr T that Tommy will be a presenter he choked on his tea & spluttered that all he'll say is "You know what I like, it's the quality".
who's Tommy ?

I notice many clothing sites are offering really good discounts, not that I`m buying. At this time of year many people would usually be looking for outfits for Christmas parties, work get togethers, family nights out or meals out and of course Christmas Eve and New Years Eve celebrations. Party wear would have been ordered from suppliers very early in the year so many brands are stuck with it now.
The same for what would usually be wedding outfits for this year`s Spring and Summer weddings but, so many weddings were cancelled because of limits placed on number of guests allowed and the fact that receptions couldn`t be held and only the actual service/ceremony could go ahead. Brands order their stock months and months in advance from their Far East or European manufacturers, QVC included I daresay and they`re all desperate to get rid of it.

Merryone..... I don't know what happens, but there have been numerous occasions (in the past), when I've switched over to QVC and I have bought what is being shown on the screen at that time - its normally been jewellery, but its a weird phenomenon, when I've thought "that's lovely" or "I could wear such and such with that", etc etc and I've bought the item. Then it occurs to me that I might have 'missed' it had I turn over later.

I'm sure psychologists would have a field day with that one !!! ---- or perhaps I'm not alone in this subliminal buying.

I notice many clothing sites are offering really good discounts, not that I`m buying. At this time of year many people would usually be looking for outfits for Christmas parties, work get togethers, family nights out or meals out and of course Christmas Eve and New Years Eve celebrations. Party wear would have been ordered from suppliers very early in the year so many brands are stuck with it now.
The same for what would usually be wedding outfits for this year`s Spring and Summer weddings but, so many weddings were cancelled because of limits placed on number of guests allowed and the fact that receptions couldn`t be held and only the actual service/ceremony could go ahead. Brands order their stock months and months in advance from their Far East or European manufacturers, QVC included I daresay and they`re all desperate to get rid of it.

Perhaps these Brands will hang on to their stock until next year, so wont be ordering from China for 12 months, and this will have a knock on effect to the Chinese economy.

The delivery times on Q are so poor the seasoned viewer wouldn’t impulse buy for an occasion but I can see a newbie doing it and left floundering when 10 days later still showing as processing and the “do” has come and gone (pre Covid).

Looks like the pair are taking any work that comes their way ! Eamonn and equity release ad, and both of them in a Revitaliv foot/leg machine. Is it reality tv next ???? she's already done Strictly, and looks like I'm A Celebrity could be next for a big payday.

Looks like the pair are taking any work that comes their way ! Eamonn and equity release ad, and both of them in a Revitaliv foot/leg machine. Is it reality tv next ???? she's already done Strictly, and looks like I'm A Celebrity could be next for a big payday.
Oh Brissles! I noticed that Ruth appears to be wearing items from her own fashion range on the ad. I was looking at digital spy the other day and there's a section about the worst adverts on tv..and this advert was given a mention and a couple of people had commented that Eamonn was clearly not wearing any underpants in the bit where they're walking at the end of the ad...I had to check it out, and I truly wish I'd hadn't 'cause I can't "unsee it!"

Latest posts

Back