Ruth Langsford TSV 05/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, there's "Ruth Langsford" in the sock area of the trainer 🤭

Just listening to her describe them you'd think she'd invented the loaf the way she's rabbiting on about the zip ! Didn't she watch the Shoe Sale the other day when there was an identical pair with a zip (think it was Dune). She's (well the proper design team have) put an orange sole on the them - is that meant to mean they're the Laboutins of the trainer world.

I see they're all limited stock, dear Lord those berks out there will buy anything - more commission in Ruth's bin !!!

https://www.dunelondon.com/expose-zip-detail-trainers-white-2026510590001788/ Half price !

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/chase-...glsyQLXjgBulIq9dhosaAn2QEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds Lots of colours !

£99 if you please.
Yes, they’re leather, but if I was going to pay that much for a trainer (and I’m not ever likely to) I’d want a “named” brand.
me too! and no, I'd not pay that sort of money for trainers, well not unless they were serious running/sports shoes. I can see the thick white sole getting grubby looking quite quickly as well! She's only Ruth Langsford, so why does she have to charge over £100 for "her" trainers?...because she knows people will be daft enough to buy them..laughing all the way to the bank - For the fact they're not a well known brand, they should be half that price!

Is it me or does Natasha look like she's been poured into a sausage skin in every item? Not a good advert for the curvier end of the size range... I agree Debbie looks good though!

I've just had a very simple thought about Ruth's fashion range. She's constantly reminding us how she listens to what drives us mad about high street fashion, and asks us what we want in our clothes. I wonder how many asked for them to be unaffordable?!!!!!! Trainers - Leather -tick, splash of colour -tick, easy to put on and take off - tick, price -D'oh!!!

I agree, I was very surprised when I was channel hopping last night and saw the trainers at that extortionate price. I'm not saying they looked particularly awful because they didn't, in fact the taupe ones actually looked quite nice I thought, but over £100.00 is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

Best and comfiest trainers are Fitflop Rally... they're about £80 ish full price but are often in sale or money off... I have big dodgy feet and have tried many!!
Those RL ones are bog standard and a ridiculous price.
She gets on my wick talking as if she's a fully fledged fashion designer...!

Best and comfiest trainers are Fitflop Rally... they're about £80 ish full price but are often in sale or money off... I have big dodgy feet and have tried many!!
Those RL ones are bog standard and a ridiculous price.
She gets on my wick talking as if she's a fully fledged fashion designer...!

And there's the rub ! she's probably sat in half a dozen meetings at Q Towers being told what QVC are going to sell and put her name on, for the exorbitant fee her Agent has negotiated !

If she had serious input in her 'brand', she would have known - when asked last night, whether more trainers were in production when they were going limited stock (?). She said 'she didn't know'" and "wasn't sure". Of course she didn't, she's clearly not needed in those meetings ! Surely that's a question that would be asked around the table "are we re-ordering from our supplier if these goes limited on the first couple of airings ? " That's the sort of info a designer would know - although I suppose 'not knowing' can ensure the product is shifted if there is an air of exclusivity about it.

Agree - I hate packs of anything as the one decent colour/pattern is always teamed with the worst colour which no one would buy on its own.
I agree. And why do you always end up with a white pair of knickers in a pack of three, or a white bra? Who wears white pants - children? Why can't they just put in an extra nude instead?

Hotter do similar trainers. All leather both outside and inside, 4 width fittings , choice of 7 colours, available in half sizes and if you use code SAVJ25 (valid until tomorrow) you get 25% discount.

Or you could get 2 pairs of these from Pavers and a nice bottle of wine..and yes they've got the magic stitching around going around the sole that justifies Ruth bunging on another £60!

Attachments

• 2021-06-05 (1).png
    2021-06-05 (1).png
    88.1 KB · Views: 110
She's just airing with her cotton twill denim jacket. Now, when she first appeared she moaned that most d/jackets are too short so she was making them longer. Looking at her current 'lot' in various colours, they're possible the shortest I've ever seen !

She's just airing with her cotton twill denim jacket. Now, when she first appeared she moaned that most d/jackets are too short so she was making them longer. Looking at her current 'lot' in various colours, they're possible the shortest I've ever seen !
I bought the Denim and Co. Jacket really nice and has over 200 5 star reviews.

Hotter do similar trainers. All leather both outside and inside, 4 width fittings , choice of 7 colours, available in half sizes and if you use code SAVJ25 (valid until tomorrow) you get 25% discount.
I got a pair of Dove grey nubuck trainers from Hotter with lovely yellow soles. I paid £19 in their shop, they were reduced from £70,a bargain and so comfortable.

I bought a pair of black trainer style shoes with fancy laces (think skecher knitted style) for £12 from the factory shop. Perfect for work and very comfy. They look OK and they had other colours. Hey, if you want designer, fair do's, but are people really checking out your footwear so closely they notice there's not a brand stamped on it? These are good enough for me.

CC

Hotter shoes are made in Lancashire - marvellous.

Latest posts

Back