Ruth Langsford TSV 10/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It looked OK from a distance but I'm "so over" poly/elastane and I'd need to cut a foot off the bottom of the dress because that length would do nothing for me.

CC

I can’t wear polyester . Why is Ruth on so often? Her clothes are so vile and overpriced not even my Granny in the 70’s would have been seen dead in Ruth’s styles! Sick to death of her and her hairstyle and fake posh accent!

Well, if other celebrity names can make a million in a year by flogging tat on QVC (as was written in the press) - aka Ambitious Holden - then short of work Ruthless will want a slice of that !!!

(apropros our mention of Sahara on previous threads. Have discovered a new one with a lot of different styles, might be worth a look...... https://takingshape.com/UK/new-in/ )

I`ve had a couple of items from each of the websites below. I`ve been pleased with them and they`ve washed and worn well since I bought them last year. I can`t say everything on the sites are to my taste but there`s very little polyester and most items are either cotton, linen or viscose. Might be worth a browse for anybody looking for daytime casual wear and there`s introductory discounts , plus email discount codes or website discounts at regular intervals.

It looks very Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping up appearances.
View attachment 20798
I was thinking Hetty Wainthropp but have realised they’re the same actress (same flowery dresses!)
1616974015085.jpeg

I really like this. Bit pricey though and I won't be going anywhere to wear it. Tons of nice things on that site, especially for bigger sizes.

CC
Wow just goes to show how we all have different tastes. I can't say I'm keen on Ruth's dress but this Nicobar one looks alot worse in my opinion! Strange it's from a website called "taking shape" when it's completely shapeless...

Wow just goes to show how we all have different tastes. I can't say I'm keen on Ruth's dress but this Nicobar one looks alot worse in my opinion! Strange it's from a website called "taking shape" when it's completely shapeless...
I'm not even sure it's about taste - The Nicobar dress at least looks wearable and in more ways than one - The pattern which they describe as "boho" to me would look ok on all age groups, wheras the pattern on Ruth's is just so frumpy, as is the shape of the dress. The Nicobar one looks perfect for a summer's day, as the old cliche goes - "from beach to bar". Ruth's dress is good for nothing imo, it would make you sweat like a pig on a hot day, far too formal looking for a casual day out with friends, not actually nice enough for a "dressy event". As a few people have pointed out...it's pure Hycanith Bucket!

The Nicobar dress isn't my usual style but I'd choose it over the classic boring RL dress any day. The matching grey star top and trackie bottom from that first site would set me back a cool £100! Eeek!

Well, come the summer I don't 'do' figure hugging in hot and sweaty polyester, and when it gets over 25deg then 'shapeless' and floaty works just fine for me !

Iv noticed too that every other show is Ruth Langsford on QVC they don't seem to have the ranges they used to have. By contrast ideal world has more than Karcher for the first time ever!

it’s awful - full stop! Workwear at its worst.
Ok, Ok, hands up, no one likes the Nicobar dress except me lol. I was just thinking it would be nice for Barbados or Greece or somewhere. I wasn't going to wear it to Tesco :oops:. I'm quite small in height and width at the moment so the things on this site would be a bit big. I just liked the idea of it and the colour. Why am I justifying myself 😧. If you could see some of the things I've worn on holidays you'd all be doing the "dying fly". But no one knows me so I just go for it.

CC

You're not justifying yourself CC. You like it, and so do I. I'm with you on this one, its clearly a thin fabric for wearing in a hot climate, and as my upper arms are like a butcher, then having sleeves does me a double favour. I like the button details, a bit boho, and the fresh blue/white print.

And honestly ? the horrendous sights of exposed fat flesh that can be seen in my Tesco's during the hot weather, then I consider I'd be dressed to kill in this dress.

I`ve had a couple of items from each of the websites below. I`ve been pleased with them and they`ve washed and worn well since I bought them last year. I can`t say everything on the sites are to my taste but there`s very little polyester and most items are either cotton, linen or viscose. Might be worth a browse for anybody looking for daytime casual wear and there`s introductory discounts , plus email discount codes or website discounts at regular intervals.
I have to have the Daisy top beautiful

I've had a look around the boutiques Vienna posted and there's so much similarity with the ranges Q sell, but the big difference lays in the prices, the fair and reasonable p&p and that most of the stuff is comprised of natural fabric. One of them, don't remember which, was selling a linen summer top and it was £20. If Q was selling, it would be double that price, and what's more they'd be endlessly banging on about it being 100% cotton as though it was somehow a rare commodity - I guess it is on QVC amongst a sea of poly-elastin!

Ok, Ok, hands up, no one likes the Nicobar dress except me lol. I was just thinking it would be nice for Barbados or Greece or somewhere. I wasn't going to wear it to Tesco :oops:. I'm quite small in height and width at the moment so the things on this site would be a bit big. I just liked the idea of it and the colour. Why am I justifying myself 😧. If you could see some of the things I've worn on holidays you'd all be doing the "dying fly". But no one knows me so I just go for it.

CC
Sorry CC I meant the Q item not Nicobar

CC
I love blue & white & the print is beautiful. Unfortunately it would swamp me otherwise I'd be tempted & I'd defo wear it to do the supermarket shop - life's too short for 'best'.

Latest posts

Back