Ruth Langsford TSV 10/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very unflattering fock think it’s one of Ruth’s worse designs.
I’m by far a slim Jim and not been critical of anyone’s size or shape.
But last night when she stood to the side and pointed out her stomach saying it was her hot cross bun tummy, it didn’t do much for the dress design.
Blimey, how many packs did she eat? Miaow 😼

The frock is unflattering, but it could have looked marginally better with side pockets. I'm having a definite aversion now to any dress/top/trousers that do not have pockets !!

As I said before, I thought the larger lady looked great in it, she came out wearing the blue patterened, and then the black and for some reason it worked on her figure. It helped that they'd appeared to put her in the correct size. The small slim models looked as though the dress was wearing them, Ruth looked horrendously frumpy, and even Jackie didn't look that great in it...but Natasha looked fab!

Heard her talking about the flare and didn’t want it to be too flared with too much material. She was also saying how the angel style sleeves weren’t tight on the upper arm so we’re flattering to make the arm slim.
To me the dress just doesn’t appear to have enough fabric to it.
The flare not enough the sleeves not floaty enough, the ruched front not enough of a feature and ruched enough. The waist band ?not enough facing and ruching to it. Perhaps sewers would know as it just sits into the wearers back rolls.

For some strange reason it seems to be selling. I think lockdown has addled some peoples brains !
Well if that dress of Renee from years ago, that sold like hot cakes as a OTO.
When clearly the models were turning round pulling the v neckline wrap to cover their chests and positioning the wrap slit so it didn’t open to reveal their thighs then anything will sell on Q.

Angel floaty sleeves are fine on stick thin or toned upper arms, but look rubbish on the rest of us, and can make them look worse - as the flappy under arms join in wafting with the sleeve ! Personally I think the short sleeve/cap sleeve/angel sleeve are the kiss of death for those of us with beefy arms. I'd rather have sleeveless so I can wear a cover up, or an elbow length sleeve.

Heard her talking about the flare and didn’t want it to be too flared with too much material. She was also saying how the angel style sleeves weren’t tight on the upper arm so we’re flattering to make the arm slim.
To me the dress just doesn’t appear to have enough fabric to it.
The flare not enough the sleeves not floaty enough, the ruched front not enough of a feature and ruched enough. The waist band ?not enough facing and ruching to it. Perhaps sewers would know as it just sits into the wearers back rolls.
You can only do so much with a metre of fabric!

So many QVC styles nowadays skimp on material and the result is unflattering. Every time. Or to get them to fit, you have to go up one or two sizes. Which is actually a good way to get me to go on a diet (again).

I thought AY looked much better than usual, her hair was in good condition but thought the way she had it styled she looked like she had a full beard and the very busy print and long waves was messy.

Gorgeous dress looks totally different on the 6 foot model still love it though! oh 5'9 model lol

Last edited:
Well according to photos in The Mirror Ruthless didn’t have to wait in line for hair and beauty appointments. Don’t know why she bothered as her helmet was no different at end of lockdown than it’s been over the past 12 months. Makes you wonder.

Latest posts

Back