Ruth Langsford TSV 11/02/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's not that nice is it? How many of these short jackets does Ruth think we need? Well actually I don't have any as I don't like faux leather. The jean jacket style was OK but every single brand was doing them and hers were nothing special. Not buying. I find Ruth's clothes a bit mumsy to be honest and all far too long in the leg, sleeve, all over length. I really don't like jeans with high heels either which is a look Ruth seems to favour.

CC
They are Mumsy, what does she look like in the slim jeans & high heels? Mutton & lamb IMO.

Just had a look online at the recording, I hate these jackets, but that is just my taste, & pink plastic too!! Someone said R tries too hard but doesn’t she miss by a mile?Still they will sell out, but the sight of the larger girl where there is no hope of this creation going anywhere near her chest.This is Ruthie on her ‘casual’ day, but let us not forget the handbag over the arm & the high heels.

You probably paid a lower, and fairer, price, and if you feel comfortable in them, it's all good.
Yes that is true the classic denim one was £10. I like it as it’s got some stretch and suits my frame. The other one was around £24 and a lovely red. In the main, I think her clothes are expensive. I also bought a couple of wrap over tops again in the outlet for silly money compared to what Q sell them for.

I can't see the point in buying any kind of outerwear garment that won't do up. It is very rare to see somebody wearing a denim jacket or a jacket in that style done up, but I think it's also just as rare to see someone wearing one that obviously has no chance of being done up whatsoever. Ruth is forever "giving it all that" about how she thinks of everything when she "does her designs" but if you can't get something so fundamental as making sure there's enough fabric in a garment to cover the size of person it's supposed to cover, there's no hope really!

I find that any jacket that is "sized" rather than S/M/L etc is always narrow on the armholes. Helene Berman is another one although her jackets are quality, but equally come up small. Designers never seem to take into account that ladies upper arms get bigger as we age, so they create a ''Dolman' sleeve - big deal.

You're right Merry, the denim/biker/ jackets are rarely worn done up, and I did have a friend who was 'beefy' up top and always wore jackets that were too small for her. Could never understand it. If I'm out and it gets a bit parky in the better weather, then I want to do a jacket up !

Yes that is true the classic denim one was £10. I like it as it’s got some stretch and suits my frame. The other one was around £24 and a lovely red. In the main, I think her clothes are expensive. I also bought a couple of wrap over tops again in the outlet for silly money compared to what Q sell them for.
Love it when you get a bargain.

Jacket too short for me, I prefer a longer one, I love those platform boots though and have them in burgundy and black, they make me feel so tall! Just wish I could walk in them better though, they are very high!

I find that any jacket that is "sized" rather than S/M/L etc is always narrow on the armholes. Helene Berman is another one although her jackets are quality, but equally come up small. Designers never seem to take into account that ladies upper arms get bigger as we age, so they create a ''Dolman' sleeve - big deal.

You're right Merry, the denim/biker/ jackets are rarely worn done up, and I did have a friend who was 'beefy' up top and always wore jackets that were too small for her. Could never understand it. If I'm out and it gets a bit parky in the better weather, then I want to do a jacket up !
Good description 'beefy on top'.

Love it when you get a bargain.
Me too. I have been decluttering today and probably don’t need to buy any more clothes, shoes, toiletries and vitamins for a considerable length of time. A lot of my clothes during the pandemic and working from home I just didn’t wear. Have uncovered many that are now on the discard pile and others I’m keeping. Hard parting with some items though!

Me too. I have been decluttering today and probably don’t need to buy any more clothes, shoes, toiletries and vitamins for a considerable length of time. A lot of my clothes during the pandemic and working from home I just didn’t wear. Have uncovered many that are now on the discard pile and others I’m keeping. Hard parting with some items though!
Oh it is, I get things ready to throw out, put them in a pile, and before I know it they are back in the wardrobe :ROFLMAO:

Me too. I have been decluttering today and probably don’t need to buy any more clothes, shoes, toiletries and vitamins for a considerable length of time. A lot of my clothes during the pandemic and working from home I just didn’t wear. Have uncovered many that are now on the discard pile and others I’m keeping. Hard parting with some items thoug
Hope you like it when it arrives Suki.
Fingers crossed it is on Waitlist.

Jacket too short for me, I prefer a longer one, I love those platform boots though and have them in burgundy and black, they make me feel so tall! Just wish I could walk in them better though, they are very high!
You'll get used to them after you've worn them a few times

It's a wrench to part with some things, but, I can say this with confidence, you'll feel a hundred percent lighter when they're gone and you'll never think of them again.

Just had a look online at the recording, I hate these jackets, but that is just my taste, & pink plastic too!! Someone said R tries too hard but doesn’t she miss by a mile?Still they will sell out, but the sight of the larger girl where there is no hope of this creation going anywhere near her chest.This is Ruthie on her ‘casual’ day, but let us not forget the handbag over the arm & the high heels.
They put her flipping bags with every single outfit. Nooooooo! Who is going to shell out for a leather bag with a RL logo. No one would believe it was Ralph Lauren. If they ended up reducing them I'd buy the nice blue colour ONLY IF i could remove that ghastly logo!

Her bigger bags just suck in terms of aesthetic.....imo

I have to laugh out loud when I see her promoting her "logo" - dear Lord, I know it seems as though the public psyche has sunk to a new low when the BBC advertise reality tv contestants Stacey Solomon and Scarlett Moffatt hosting their own shows on prime time tv, but to being offered an expensive handbag "designed" by the compere of Loose Women is just insane !

WOT ? no RJL ? in today's D/Mail there is a double spread on the latest "IT" bags, all pricy (but so are Ruth's), and she must be gutted that her 'latest' range are not being pushed by the fashionista fashion editors :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back