Ruth Langsford TSV 18/09/21

Brissles

VIP Shopper
Don't fret Silver, I must have been on about 9 or 10 cruises and not once have I been at the Captain's Dinner table. The only stuff I have taken on a cruise that were bought on QVC are Dreamkeeper beaded ponchos and velvet burned out jackets - which will never grace the inside of a charity shop. Summer trousers are courtesy of Bon Marche, M & S tee shirts, a couple of catalogue evening dresses and linen tops by Sahara. The thought of wearing sweaty poly/elastene to hot countries is definitely a no no.

Grizelda

VIP Shopper
Yes, Suki, a lot of Jules lately. I like their rain jackets, but I'm tired of seeing the striped Breton tops with flowers. They look like they'd be a tight fit, as well. I have one of Jules' rain jackets, but it's a bum freezer. Now, they're making them longer. Good idea, but I don't want to pay over 90 smackers for a new one.

merryone

VIP Shopper
Yes, Suki, a lot of Jules lately. I like their rain jackets, but I'm tired of seeing the striped Breton tops with flowers. They look like they'd be a tight fit, as well. I have one of Jules' rain jackets, but it's a bum freezer. Now, they're making them longer. Good idea, but I don't want to pay over 90 smackers for a new one.
I don't know about you, but I think the floral designs on top of the stripes makes the garment look really frumpy. A Breton top is a design classic, and imo can look quite chic. if I wanted something a little different I'd go for a red and white one perhaps. Start messing around with multi coloured stripes and flowers, then the "Chic-ness" goes straight out of the window!

Silver Fox

VIP Shopper
I have been a Joules fan for years and have many of their Harbour & Stanton tops.The quality and sizing is now not the same, My latest Harbour is very long and at size 16 quite snug.I decided to go up a size when I ordered from JL, you would have thought they were a man’s XXL! Straight back, in those styles I would have needed to go down at least 2 sizes.No chance of ordering from Q with their P&P & return costs.

Silver Fox

VIP Shopper
Yes B I think it is the Saunton I have, the original bought about 5 years ago is as good as new, washes great, fit good.The later ones are a mixed bunch both in quality and fit.

loveallthingsitalian

VIP Shopper
I’m another who has been bitterly disappointed in Joules sizing and quality and just stopped even looking now.
However I ventured, for the first time since lockdown , out to a nearby outlet where they now have a Joules and got a really lovely dress tunic type top. On the way out I noticed a top I was interested in but saw that it had a hole in the sleeve! i must admit that put me off visiting again if you have to examine every single bit of every garment you try on.

I too love Breton tops but you can get this style nearly everywhere, I’ve had from Marks, Next and Dunnes (for a fiver washes well) so don’t need to pay big money for what is basically a T shirt and in more exciting colours than Joules.

Brissles

VIP Shopper
Lots of these, what I call "precious" brands - those that like to be a bit exclusive, tend to be skimpy on the sizing.
When buying "Together" I always have to size up at least 2 sizes, and I've noticed that armholes on lots of brands tend to be tightly fitting as well.

Years ago I was always the proper standard size - in fact when I was a teenager it was M & S who determined what size I actually was !! Nowadays, despite being a size 20 I always have to be a size 24 or even a 26 in their tops.

Suki 1

VIP Shopper
I indulged in one I paid £106 for mine a considered purchase I know but I am very pleased with it!!

Suki 1

VIP Shopper
M&S sell Joules I had to upsize from a 16 to a 20 in one of their stripey Saunton sweatshirts. It was over half price in the sale and its a nice style. still a bit skimpy imo.
Oh I didn't know that about M & S interesting.

loveallthingsitalian

VIP Shopper
A lot of the brands Marks are doing are on line only. They now do the likes of Jaegar, joules, Celtic & co. Hobbs, Sea Salt and a few others.

Grizelda

VIP Shopper
Lots of these, what I call "precious" brands - those that like to be a bit exclusive, tend to be skimpy on the sizing.
When buying "Together" I always have to size up at least 2 sizes, and I've noticed that armholes on lots of brands tend to be tightly fitting as well.

Years ago I was always the proper standard size - in fact when I was a teenager it was M & S who determined what size I actually was !! Nowadays, despite being a size 20 I always have to be a size 24 or even a 26 in their tops.
Marla Wynne's blouses are cut vey tight under the arm. (Maybe they are less so now. It's been a while since I bought one)

merryone

VIP Shopper
She's on now with a coTTon mix top...aggggh - but at least she's done something with her bonce - For the first time in yonks she doesn't look like she's wearing a moped helmet fashioned out of hair!

Twilight

VIP Shopper
She's on now with a coTTon mix top...aggggh - but at least she's done something with her bonce - For the first time in yonks she doesn't look like she's wearing a moped helmet fashioned out of hair!
She's rocking the Kabler the Gabbler look.

Twilight

VIP Shopper
With a few exceptions most of my clothes are second hand & when I buy fitted items from the 80s & 90sI have to buy one size larger. It's amazing to see the difference in measurements but quite sobering to see the contrast in quality, I've just received an M&S dress that the seller bought in 1984, it's perfect, really well made in a polished cotton & doesn't shout vintage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragulram
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £15!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks