Ruth Langsford TSV 18/09/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've endured 10 minutes, and decided its bedtime. Her precise way of speaKing, and her over emphasise of the letter K, "and I thinK......" is driving me nuts, as well as the constant waving of hands showing off her French polish, enough is enough. Her dominatrix look coupled with a 'granny' sweater (strange choice) might be liked by Eamonn , but looks a bit meahhhhh !
I know you and I agree on this wholeheartedly, but I don't know whether it's her over pronunciation of the letter K or the letter T that grates upon me the most - When I hear her say the word coTTon, I literally want to climb the wall! Then saying that she'll say the word sKirt or bucKle and it'll have a similar effect! It may be the correct pronunciation, but somehow she makes it sound so "affected" - I don't normally feel the need to wince when I hear somebody speaking RP. I know how to speak proper (lol) and most of the time I feel that I do, but I do miss the odd g every now and then, and call Spurs Tot'nam, and say tishoo but hearing the "proper" alternatives to me, is enough to turn the milk sour!
Back to the jumper - like I said before it looks shiny and tight and I can imagine it being an absolute sod to keep looking new!
I agree with both of you & have spent 30 minutes wading through several video tutorials about pronunciation. She doesn't pronounce K or T correctly she's just acquired her affectation for the TV. I always think she sounds as though she's eating something dense like a brownie.

It’s OK but not for me. There are many of these jumpers around and the heart motif is on many pyjamas too.
I saw a programme a few days ago. Some one was wearing a very similar sweat shirt but with short sleeves and the same animal print heart.
Thing is it was an old episode of Frost. I remember thinking this is where Ruth gets her inspiration from.

It’s OK but not for me. There are many of these jumpers around and the heart motif is on many pyjamas too.
I saw a programme a few days ago. Some one was wearing a very similar sweat shirt but with short sleeves and the same animal print heart.
Thing is it was an old episode of Frost. I remember thinking this is where Ruth gets her inspiration from.
I love the theme music & will now be hearing it all day. I may even try to do a Hilda & hum it, good thing my Mr T's at football 🙉

🙄 Never one too miss a trick Ruth’s handbag is coming soon, so instructions are to keep a look out on social media for the launch date.
She‘s doing just the one style of bag in three colours. Its a good every day practical bag, without all the bells and whistles, buckles and things. She says it’s quite simple, in beautiful soft pebble leather, with feet on the bottom, lots of compartments, pockets and a magnetic clasp. She has designed it as she wanted it to wear over the arm and shoulder. The Ruth fan bag frenzy starts 😂

Now snap up your animal heart print cause Ruth is already working on bringing other motifs and doesn’t know if the animal heart print will be returning.
Cue Ruth animal heart print frenzy 🤭😂

Oh my word new Ruth camo print jumper, think it looks rather too small.
Ruth says this is slightly more streamlined than the TSV jumper, that had a drop shoulder, its slightly oversized, it’s not fitted, it’s. I’ve gone for a large, I’d be normally a medium. I’m normally a medium in my slouchy jumpers.
I’ve worn a large cause I wanted more room here - pulling the clinging jumper away from the waist, cause I don’t like things clinging here.
But you can go your normal size, it’s not a fitted jumper.
Cue some too small returns 🤔🤭🙄

I'm surprised she finds the time to do all this 'designing', with her tv jobs, appearing in adverts, oh and getting free holidays in return for a couple of hours chat time on cruise ships.

I'm surprised she finds the time to do all this 'designing', with her tv jobs, appearing in adverts, oh and getting free holidays in return for a couple of hours chat time on cruise ships.
To be honest, I’d be surprised if she does actually design the outfits. She probably just signs off the designs when someone’s done them because I haven’t seen her wearing any of them in all her other TV appearances. 😳 If you did design an outfit, wouldn’t you want to wear it everywhere so people would see it?

I think we all know that Ruthless and Hold’em and the like go nowhere near a design they are just selling themselves to the highest bidder. With Hold’em it’s her tits she’s selling with Ruthless it’s her mumsey persona.

I’m not taken in by either of them. I don’t want helmet hair to go with my building society uniform and I’m too old to get my chesticles out.

'Mumsey' 😂 , so spot on there LATI.

My mate and I - both coming up to 73, did an outdoor fete yesterday, and, like you do, sat behind our stalls people watching. She made the comment " look at all these women who are probably our age but have dressed for their 'age' - bland, boring and Bon Marche " (actually I buy my trousers there), but I know what she meant. This is the age group who danced around handbags, who screamed at The Merseybeats or drooled over George Harrison, now in a sort of granny 'uniform'. Short cropped grey hair with glasses, or the Tesco bob with beige trousers and a lilac flower embroidered top.

What is it that makes women suddenly give up all style (or perhaps they've always just thrown anything on) when kids and grandkids come along ?

'Mumsey' 😂 , so spot on there LATI.

My mate and I - both coming up to 73, did an outdoor fete yesterday, and, like you do, sat behind our stalls people watching. She made the comment " look at all these women who are probably our age but have dressed for their 'age' - bland, boring and Bon Marche " (actually I buy my trousers there), but I know what she meant. This is the age group who danced around handbags, who screamed at The Merseybeats or drooled over George Harrison, now in a sort of granny 'uniform'. Short cropped grey hair with glasses, or the Tesco bob with beige trousers and a lilac flower embroidered top.

What is it that makes women suddenly give up all style (or perhaps they've always just thrown anything on) when kids and grandkids come along ?
Like my grandmother I love to people watch, she wasn't judgemental, I am. I can appreciate that not everyone is able to afford decent clothes & can understand why so many cling to certain look, however, the granny 'uniform' is dire & those who wear it may never have bothered about how they look. In addition to being a throw away society, where buying imported tat from China delights so many, I think the British lack style & are generally scruffy; the fact that some wear their pyjamas on the school run or when going shopping says everything. Don't get me started on how the Fat Controller looks...

UK women tend to have large hips (I fit right in to that group) yet UK shops don’t stock designs to compliment this thus why there are so many beige slacks , flowered T shirts and sketchers being worn by the 50 plus.

I had my 70th in July, am carrying far too much weight but I wouldn’t be seen dead in the above. I don’t have access to fancy shops and don’t buy clothes on line yet I feel I can avoid this look despite having short grey hair and glasses! Mine are one pair of red and one pair of blue Prada

A few years ago on holiday in Italy, Mr L was struck down so we could only go for short walks and sit and people watch. I used to play eye spy the Uk couple from quite a distance away and was right 100% of the time. This was based entirely on their clothes.

UK women tend to have large hips (I fit right in to that group) yet UK shops don’t stock designs to compliment this thus why there are so many beige slacks , flowered T shirts and sketchers being worn by the 50 plus.

I had my 70th in July, am carrying far too much weight but I wouldn’t be seen dead in the above. I don’t have access to fancy shops and don’t buy clothes on line yet I feel I can avoid this look despite having short grey hair and glasses! Mine are one pair of red and one pair of blue Prada

A few years ago on holiday in Italy, Mr L was struck down so we could only go for short walks and sit and people watch. I used to play eye spy the Uk couple from quite a distance away and was right 100% of the time. This was based entirely on their clothes.
As Simon Le Bon demonstrated on a recent holiday.

I do buy nearly all my clothes online. I discovered a range by Lissmore and Zedd Plus both Turkish designers, on Navabi, but they're stock is depleted, so I trawled Ebay and have bought several 'pieces' on there. Yes they're not cheap, but they're quirky, definitely NO POLY/ELASTENE, and all the dresses have pockets. Some of the dresses I've had for a few years and always get compliments. Another site for me is Lagenlook, their summer clothing is generally linen mix, most fit up to a size 26, and are a lot cheaper. Sahara is another favourite of mine.

To be honest, I’d be surprised if she does actually design the outfits. She probably just signs off the designs when someone’s done them because I haven’t seen her wearing any of them in all her other TV appearances. 😳 If you did design an outfit, wouldn’t you want to wear it everywhere so people would see it?
She does wear one of her shirts in an Advert with Eamon.

I think I remember her saying that she wasn’t allowed to wear her range on mainstream tv, as they could only promote certain brands, who pay the tv companies for product placement. She does say that she wears a lot of her own range in ‘real life’.

Latest posts

Back