Ruth Langsford's New Parka

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its a rare thing to see ANY of Ruth's jackets done up. She pushes up the long sleeves of any garment to the elbow - why ? make them 3/4 sleeves if you don't want them to the wrist.

At the end of the day, she can pose for photos doing her "designs" and can spout how she 'listens' to viewers, as much as she likes, but its all marketing ploys. The stuff is made in China or Bangladesh, bought in cheap with a 50% or more mark up, so she comes into QVC for a few hours, does her spiel for sales (like all of them), takes the money and buggers off home. As for having her name embossed on her wares, what sane person wants the name of a Loose Woman on display ???
What sane person would pay those prices? As for the branding, if I did have a moment of madness and bought myself one then I'd be snipping that tag right off! Can you imagine if someone caught sight of it and asked what RWL stands for? "Ruth Langsford dahling" how embarrassing! I do actually have a pair of her sunglasses and they have a tag with her initials on the arms, in the unlikely event of anyone asking I'll tell them I haven't got a clue and that I picked them up in a charity shop 'cause I wouldn't be able to live with the shame. I have to add that I bought them in clearance in a fit of pique and they're surprisingly very lovely and suit me!

I suppose with Eamon having to take time off work ( and he said he’s going to be attempting to get back to normal from tomorrow ) her never ending money flow isn’t what it was .. when you get used to a certain amount it could be difficult I’m assuming .. 🤷🏻‍♀️ …. People that have lots of money do all they can not to lose it .. unless drugs or gambling catch them of course.
I got a bit deep there .. but yeah maybe his work future is a little unsure .. he said he doesn’t feel fully well but has been off for 4 months.

Make hay whilst the sunshine’s I suppose

I think I heard that 6,000 of those jumper sold at £40.00 a pop. Now that's nearly quarter of a million quid. Think about it. Ruth buys in jumpers from china for probably pennies, does a TSV and stands around for a day showing off the colours. Nice work if you can get it. On my wage it would take me a lifetime to earn that.

CC

I think I heard that 6,000 of those jumper sold at £40.00 a pop. Now that's nearly quarter of a million quid. Think about it. Ruth buys in jumpers from china for probably pennies, does a TSV and stands around for a day showing off the colours. Nice work if you can get it. On my wage it would take me a lifetime to earn that.

CC
I've often thought to myself, lets pick a shop like Bon Marche who sell that sort of thing (for a lot less) how many units they'd shift per day of that jumper across the whole estate, and I'd imagine it wouldn't be as many as that! People are a lot more discerning when they're shopping in the flesh, but get some on QVC to tell you that you must have it, and before you know it you've purchased something you'd have definitely passed by in a shop. I don't get the people who are buying more than one of the bliddy things all with an extra £4 to pay on top of the inflated price.

I do not own any of Ruth’s stuff. A few bits I like but far too expensive.
Give the woman her due though; she’s photographed modelling a lot of her stuff in all colour ways.
Any woman of a “certain age” who can make that many outfit changes in a session and not end up a sodden, sweaty mess, crying on the floor, has my undying admiration.🙂

Ah, but its unlikely she has to do her own hair, makeup or even lift her arms up without help, and there's no doubt assistants with clip boards running around and willing to get her anything she needs. Not exactly like us in a changing room with maybe a chair or stool to chuck everything on and hair taking on a life of its own !

Ruthie has perfected this ‘fashion designer, expert guru’ persona very well and the QVC faithful are lapping it up to the tune of £millions.That ‘friend’ understanding what they want with a touch of orange piping here and there, so designer! In fact when you look at her offerings it is about as as close to fashion and style as she is in her tight jeans, high heels and biker jacket.The same can be found for a fraction of the cost and with a bigger nod to style in the cheaper end stores and supermarkets.However they don’t have that all important RL label and touch of orange.Great con, and I have to say she is very plausible and watchable as long as you don’t take a long hard look at the garments and realise that they are from the same Chinese warehouse as my market stall buy.

Silver Fox...........Great con
J
Just about sums it up ! I'm around 13 years older than her, and even I find her 'stuff' a bit mumsy.

There is even an article today in Hello, online, promoting Ruth's £50 jumper and how it's flying out because the QVC customers are heaping praise about it.

My daughters and husband have had lots of great pieces from primark. I was surprised by how well they washed and ironed. no good for me however, I am wrong shape 😒
I was just about to post the same thing. I’ve had a few excellent quilted coats from Primark. At leat 6 years old so the quality might have gone downhill now.

I have two of her jumpers I do like them. But One was a gift but it was a new item so a good intro price. The other was the combat army print. very thin which is nice when its not too cold but goes baggy quickly and the ribbing gets very loose.Bought that very cheap on Ebay. For the money from QVC thats not good. But I like the styles she promotes.

Its not just Ruths coats that dont seem to do up on the models and presenters its most if not all the clothing. The pretty short plus sized model has an ample bust but they insist on giving her a size 16 that will never fasten. I hate tight fitted coats and go up sometimes 2 sizes if need be.

I was just about to post the same thing. I’ve had a few excellent quilted coats from Primark. At leat 6 years old so the quality might have gone downhill now.
Yes some of my husband’s and daughter’s clothes laundered better and lasted longer than comparable ones from marks.

Ruthie has perfected this ‘fashion designer, expert guru’ persona very well and the QVC faithful are lapping it up to the tune of £millions.That ‘friend’ understanding what they want with a touch of orange piping here and there, so designer! In fact when you look at her offerings it is about as as close to fashion and style as she is in her tight jeans, high heels and biker jacket.The same can be found for a fraction of the cost and with a bigger nod to style in the cheaper end stores and supermarkets.However they don’t have that all important RL label and touch of orange.Great con, and I have to say she is very plausible and watchable as long as you don’t take a long hard look at the garments and realise that they are from the same Chinese warehouse as my market stall buy.
It might be just me but a few brands but Ruth Langsford, Dannii Minogue, Ben Di Lisi and the now defunct Gok Wan all looked like there were made in the same place.

I suppose with Eamon having to take time off work ( and he said he’s going to be attempting to get back to normal from tomorrow ) her never ending money flow isn’t what it was .. when you get used to a certain amount it could be difficult I’m assuming .. 🤷🏻‍♀️ …. People that have lots of money do all they can not to lose it .. unless drugs or gambling catch them of course.
I got a bit deep there .. but yeah maybe his work future is a little unsure .. he said he doesn’t feel fully well but has been off for 4 months.

Make hay whilst the sunshine’s I suppose
Eamon's probably exhausted with being a "women magnet".
Err he's not my idea of a "women magnet".

Eamon's probably exhausted with being a "women magnet".
Err he's not my idea of a "women magnet".
Nah he’s not mine either
I know somebody who met him and Eamon and spoke highly of tbem .. but not of the other two … they was a runner on the who 👍

Latest posts

Back