Same crap just better presented

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can say all this to you are blue in the face but the public sees Bid as a Poundland/ Home Bargains Shop and QVC as M&S. They need to be more like Aldi and make people aware that their products are of good quality and good value before they can take QVC on and beat them. Debbie as a presenter will help with that as she is trusted. The products I have bought from Bid have been household names like Karcher. I don't buy any brands from any channel that smack of front room laboratories or Chinese/Far East sweat shops.

I agree and I feel with the direction they are taking the channel that is what they are trying to do. The horrible noises seem to be much less these days. Not all the time but I am noticing a difference. The demos are better with more guests. And they are pulling in good brands. Links of London, Cartier, karcher etc. I think they are going in the right direction don't you?

I agree and I feel with the direction they are taking the channel that is what they are trying to do. The horrible noises seem to be much less these days. Not all the time but I am noticing a difference. The demos are better with more guests. And they are pulling in good brands. Links of London, Cartier, karcher etc. I think they are going in the right direction don't you?

I agree and I think the improvements have been happening for quite a while. It started with presenters being more honest and stopping the BS, moving on to the way products are presented and sold so yes, they have definitely been moving in the right direction. I think some of the guests have been quite good and provide a different perspective and, like you say, there have been some decent brands.
Personally I don't want them to go under, they're great entertainment and there's definitely a niche for them in the selly telly marketplace. It'll be interesting to see how Debbie Greenwood settles in, so far I think she's brought some class to the channel.

Yes I agree with both of you and fingers crossed Bid have got the message. Bid is more entertaining than QVC and if they keep moving in this direction hopefully the Product range will keep improving. Lots of QVC viewers will have watched for the first time to see Debbie - they might come back if the products are good.

The improvement over this time last year is enormous in terms of compliance, they had no choice although its still very welcome.

I have absolutely no problem them selling lots of low end merchandise and they do, my only gripe is its invariably well over priced when you take everything into account but I don't buy it so maybe I shouldn't care. And we still have people like Russell completely overselling generic Chinese white label, badged watches like they have some sort of pedigree. In fact a lot of tatt (particularly fragrances) are sold this way.

But if anyone is in any doubt about the improvement have a look back at posts exactly one year ago. They were an absolute disgrace.

The improvement over this time last year is enormous in terms of compliance, they had no choice although its still very welcome.

I have absolutely no problem them selling lots of low end merchandise and they do, my only gripe is its invariably well over priced when you take everything into account but I don't buy it so maybe I shouldn't care. And we still have people like Russell completely overselling generic Chinese white label, badged watches like they have some sort of pedigree. In fact a lot of tatt (particularly fragrances) are sold this way.

But if anyone is in any doubt about the improvement have a look back at posts exactly one year ago. They were an absolute disgrace.

Yes. totally agree, the changes and improvements have been noticeable and although they had no choice they're welcome nonetheless.
I only watch for entertainment value so I'd hate for that to stop but some products are still being 'talked up' and vastly overpriced when you take into account the P&P and phone call etc. but I want to praise them on bringing in the facility to buy different sizes/colours online - ok I know it's nearly 2014 but credit where it's due!

Yes. totally agree, the changes and improvements have been noticeable and although they had no choice they're welcome nonetheless.
I only watch for entertainment value so I'd hate for that to stop but some products are still being 'talked up' and vastly overpriced when you take into account the P&P and phone call etc. but I want to praise them on bringing in the facility to buy different sizes/colours online - ok I know it's nearly 2014 but credit where it's due!

I think they'll be fine, I think Ofcom have probably dealt with them privately. Whether their business model can survive being honest and transparent is something we'll have to wait and see but I hope it can.

Where else would you get characters like Brash, Dirty Peter, Mason and Russell? They are so wrong they are right!

who has a friend that works for Bid?

I would never presume to have a 'friend' who works for Bid, that would be far too presumptuous on my part. I do have an inspirational mentor though.

A beacon of knowledge, culture and hope.

I would never presume to have a 'friend' who works for Bid, that would be far too presumptuous on my part. I do have an inspirational mentor though.

A beacon of knowledge, culture and hope.

does she happen to have four months experience in a art gallery?

does she happen to have four months experience in a art gallery?

I'm not sure I entirely care for your comments and derisory cynical position Mr Tom.

And for the record it was quite possibly a considerably much longer period than 4 months, it was potentially as much as 11 months or perhaps even a year, this detail is something Lisa's modesty forbids her to discuss as the sheer expanse of knowledge gained in such a brief period could be considered boastful.

You stick to Gollum and I'll stick to Gaugin.

I'm not sure I entirely care for your comments and derisory cynical position Mr Tom.

And for the record it was quite possibly a considerably much longer period than than 4 months, potentially as much as 11 or even a year.

I have nothing but contempt for gherkin!!

And for the record it was quite possibly a considerably much longer period than 4 months, it was potentially as much as 11 months or perhaps even a year, this detail is something Lisa's modesty forbids her to discuss as the sheer expanse of knowledge gained in such a brief period could be considered boastful.

Why ever did she leave such a fantastic position?

Latest posts

Back