SBC TSV 02/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had a look at the ingredients on a bottle of collagen gel and a hydra-collagen one and the ingredients are exactly the same except the hydra-collagen one doesn't have "marine" in brackets. It looks to me as if just rebranding of the same product - the collagen gel said use on face and body on the back label but the hydra has it on the front of the bottle - dont think that will be enough to get us slathering it all over our faces 😁😁

She also said last week selling a set with Arnica in that Arnica was extremely hard to get hold of and takes a long time to get hold of some, yet a few weeks previous to that, they sold a set of three X litre bottles. Speaking of Arnica I haven’t heard Adele push the “it’s great for aches, pains and bruises” mantra she has for years, now she just says it’s for stressed skin.

She also said last week selling a set with Arnica in that Arnica was extremely hard to get hold of and takes a long time to get hold of some, yet a few weeks previous to that, they sold a set of three X litre bottles. Speaking of Arnica I haven’t heard Adele push the “it’s great for aches, pains and bruises” mantra she has for years, now she just says it’s for stressed skin.
I’ve noticed since lockdown how many brands are using the word stress now, very current.😄

In that disastrous SBC segment I caught with Jill F the other night, when she was selling us a handwash trio which was actually a four-piece body set, Jill told some story (and I may have missed all of it) about years ago being asked to go to a chemist to buy propolis - her point being it was rare and expensive. But who would be sent to a chemist to buy propolis? Do you think she inadvertently told a porkie pie?

In that disastrous SBC segment I caught with Jill F the other night, when she was selling us a handwash trio which was actually a four-piece body set, Jill told some story (and I may have missed all of it) about years ago being asked to go to a chemist to buy propolis - her point being it was rare and expensive. But who would be sent to a chemist to buy propolis? Do you think she inadvertently told a porkie pie?

Some of the crap she comes out with doesn’t half make me laugh, probably aimed at new viewers who’ve yet to cotton on to the huge amount of BS she spouts every time she flogs something, she should bag it and put Richard Jackson’s name on the front she’d make an absolute fortune..........what are the odds the woman has a scenario to fit all occasions 😂😂😂

Just adding TSV day is near, they’ve started to split the TSV up in to single items, full price of course. 🥱

Last edited:

ml for ml

NEW Hydra-Collagen & Black Pearl Body Wash (1 litre; supersize) - £28.50 Qvc cost £9.77
Hydra-Collagen Moisturising Gel (1 litre; supersize) - £32 direct cost £10.98
Hydra-Collagen Intensive Serum (50ml) - £43.50 Qvc cost £14.92
Hydra-Collagen Day & Night Cream (100ml) - £27 cost £9.26

Worth £131.50, according to description, can only balance to £131. Cost £44.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Just tried to buy it on auto-delivery and it won't let me. Bummer. :(

I used to think buying these sets on auto-delivery was a way of ensuring I was getting "fresh stock" with each drop in however many months' time. However, I have found the items in subsequent drops have often had the same code on the bottom, indicating they were all made in the same batch (including an SBC TSV I bought years ago with 4 or 5 auto-deliveries which lasted about a year). Of course, for those who don't want to splash out for more than one set at once, auto-delivery will make sense, and/or some want to see if they like the products before buying more so one set is fine and they can cancel the ADs if they don't like it.

If a beauty TSV is on easy pay (don't know if this one is but thinking more about the Liz Earle and Elemis TSVs) I don’t get why someone would go on auto delivery, you may as well get two or three at the same time and put them away knowing you’ve got them tucked safely away and save on the postage. I’ve always thought QVC should offer free postage on auto delivery as a “thank you” for the customer securing another drop, but they don’t..............tight bar stewards 💰💰💰

If a beauty TSV is on easy pay (don't know if this one is but thinking more about the Liz Earle and Elemis TSVs) I don’t get why someone would go on auto delivery, you may as well get two or three at the same time and put them away knowing you’ve got them tucked safely away and save on the postage. I’ve always thought QVC should offer free postage on auto delivery as a “thank you” for the customer securing another drop, but they don’t..............tight bar stewards 💰💰💰

Ah but, shopperholic, you haven't been brainwashed into thinking it's wonderful that QVC allow you to benefit from "this great saving thanks to QVC's tremendous buying power", not only today but in x months' time. Customers should be thanking THEM! In fact, QVC occasionally prove this is what they think by omitting items from future drops but charging the same each time (trying to remember what I saw only very recently with which they said you didn't get one of the items in future drops). In other words, they think we should be effectively paying more for the Auto Deliveries, not less.

Dead right, though. If I know I will like/use the items in a TSV and it's a good deal, I just buy a couple together and save a little bit on the P&P. This also gets round the QVC con mentioned above where things are missing in the ADs. I realise the cost of buying two at once can be prohibitive, however.

I have only tried a couple of SBC in the past including the Collagen one.I am now never interested in the products, I found them sticky and unpleasant and of no improvement whatsoever. Just my experience!

I have only tried a couple of SBC in the past including the Collagen one.I am now never interested in the products, I found them sticky and unpleasant and of no improvement whatsoever. Just my experience!

A litre of water with cubes of half melted Roundtrees Jelly in would probably have the same effect and work out cheaper. 😂

Latest posts

Back