Scanner Help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teessvee

Registered Shopper
I wonder if anyone can help me. Ages ago I bought a Toshiba Journe Scan hand held thingamabob. Used it a few times then put it away. Trying to use it again and no matter what I do it only scans one third of the photograph. Tried looking online and can't find anything to help. Have cleaned and calibrated it but no joy. I will be eternally grateful if anyone has any ideas. Thanks :wink:

I googled 'toshiba journe scan' and followed a link to the Fixya website. My toshiba journe scan (4 x 6) is only scanning about a third of an image, help!
Someone had posted solution below:

'Prescan. Set can area. Scan'.

Otherwise you could try QVC customer services.

I googled 'toshiba journe scan' and followed a link to the Fixya website. My toshiba journe scan (4 x 6) is only scanning about a third of an image, help!
Someone had posted solution below:

'Prescan. Set can area. Scan'.

Otherwise you could try QVC customer services.

Will go look at that now THANK YOU :happy:

Went to that site thinking they wou;d tell you how to do it but it doesn't and I have no idea how to prescan.

I can't put my hand on my instructions at the minute but let me look for them over the next day or two and I shall get back to you.
Thank you so much. If we have the same one, the troubleshooting questions in the manual don't mention that problem. I just don't understand how it can sit in a box and then not work so annoying.

I had exactly the same problem and as it was within 12 months of purchase I sent it back and got a full refund. I didn't bother with a replacement as I only wanted to scan photographs, so now I just use my normal all-in-one printer for scanning.

I had exactly the same problem and as it was within 12 months of purchase I sent it back and got a full refund. I didn't bother with a replacement as I only wanted to scan photographs, so now I just use my normal all-in-one printer for scanning.

Oh No so you reckon it's dead then? Damn I have 12 huge photo albums I wanted to scan in.

I'm not sure. I tried everything to fix mine but in the end I admitted defeat! I have since scanned hundreds of photos using my normal scanner and yes, it does take ages. Sorry!

I'm not sure. I tried everything to fix mine but in the end I admitted defeat! I have since scanned hundreds of photos using my normal scanner and yes, it does take ages. Sorry!

I think you could be right. Looks like I will have to move the printer and get started then :nod:

Hope it works teessvee.

Sdaly not it was one of those things that says it can fix all and it was only £30 to register. Have been trying to email Toshiba but the contact page keeps crashing. Looks like I will just have to use my printer. Thanks to all who tried to help:clapping:

Just an update for anyone wondering. I eventually got the email for Toshiba from QVC who refused to do snything about it. Wrote to Toshiba who said it was down to QVC, QVC said it was nothing to do with them. So neither company want to help and I am left with a £70 piece of crap that worked once and died. I have replied to them both and told them exactly what I think of them. So angry but what can you do :down:

I never did find the instructions for mine and as I haven't used it in a long time I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me.

I have since bought other "instant" scanners as I call them and they work fine.

It has puzzled me actually why this item only appeared briefly on QVC and was later replaced by the Pandigital one which took larger photographs I believe.

Makes you wonder if they were just selling off the last of a bad lot.

Sorry for your trouble.

Latest posts

Back