Scruffy presenters

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
What on earth has happened to a lot of the presenters. Some of them used to look smart but nowadays they are looking very unkempt & scruffy. QVC UK really need to up their game. I can’t see any of the presenters in America presenting this way. Katy Pullinger & Alison Keenan are exceptions.

What on earth has happened to a lot of the presenters. Some of them used to look smart but nowadays they are looking very unkempt & scruffy. QVC UK really need to up their game. I can’t see any of the presenters in America presenting this way. Katy Pullinger & Alison Keenan are exceptions.
They forget, they are in OUR living rooms, not their own.

It might be trendy but it’s not a trend I will be following. You rarely see people in smart formal clothes these days and there is only one shop in our town where a man can buy a suit and there isn’t a single shop selling ladies wear suitable for a wedding or any formal occasion. Presenters constantly wearing trainers and leggings etc. Is not a professional look.

Julia Roberts is top of my hit list for scruffiness. I know she has feet issues but the footwear is awful. Then the short fitted tops over her ample chest. To top it all the awful leggings that show off the fact she has thin legs and larger upper half. unbalanced.

The standard of dress in general these days is awful mainly because people do not think or bother what they look like or if their item of clothing is suitable for them.Yes leggings I am looking in your direction.Now retired my day to day dress is casual but I do have smarter trousers and some nice tops without going OTT dress up.I remember when still working I sometimes visited companies and always considered what to wear to look smarter & the youngsters were in jeans and tee shirts, & going to London, well! Now I could go in my gardening gear.Not that I would because old habits die hard and you always have your own standards!

The standard of dress in general these days is awful mainly because people do not think or bother what they look like or if their item of clothing is suitable for them.Yes leggings I am looking in your direction.Now retired my day to day dress is casual but I do have smarter trousers and some nice tops without going OTT dress up.I remember when still working I sometimes visited companies and always considered what to wear to look smarter & the youngsters were in jeans and tee shirts, & going to London, well! Now I could go in my gardening gear.Not that I would because old habits die hard and you always have your own standards!
I'm ashamed to be British, the scruffiest & fattest nation in Europe with a Prime Minister who looks as though he puts on his clothes using a shovel. When did we lose the plot?

I noticed years ago that people don’t even dress up when going to the theatre any more. I don’t mean evening dress or anything like that, but just make an effort to look nice. I don’t go to the theatre often, but people seem to wear their every day scruffy leggings and tatty jeans with trainers, as if they were in Mac Donalds

I’m one of the old foggies who have different clothes for different things.

Work clothes, smart trousers, smart shoes and smart top (did I say smart😇) used to wear suits but dont now.

Out out, only have about 2 decent outfits as we rarely go anywhere now.

Casual shopping, good cut jeans or cotton ankle grazers, top and jacket.

Walk , jeans and top

House, any leftover comfortable jeans and tops bought in sales

Gardening, anything that lets me bend over!

Holiday clothes , stuff you wouldn’t wear at home!,!

but even my lines are blurred now I only work part time as more time is spent at home or in the garden.
I was brought up change out of my clothes as soon as I got in and 70 years later I still do but I do realise I’m a dinosaur.🦕🦕🦕

I am often horrified at how some people dress for funerals. Call me old fashioned but one of the main reasons for attending a funeral is to pay your respects, which to me includes how you turn up dressed for that funeral.
You see jeans, often with holes in them, leggings, T shirts, skirts which only just skim a person`s bum, hardly anybody wearing a tie, trainers, and a multitude of other clothing offences.
As I get older and sadly lose more people I know, then I`m seeing more and more just how standards have dropped. Several months ago a friend sadly died in her sleep and because of restrictions we had to watch her funeral online. She was an elegant, well dressed lady who always took care over how she looked and would have been horrified to see how some of her close family dressed for her funeral.

Totally agree with everything said on here. Even at wedding receptions I've seen men in jeans, and God knows why the young women turn up dressed for nightclubbing with only the fascinator as evidence they're actually at a wedding ! We ARE the scruffs of Europe. Young people in Italy, Spain, France etc may still wear casual gear, but at least they look stylish with it. Anyone who is very overweight here just don't seem to bother about it and don't even try to hide the fact. Perhaps because shapewear was the norm when I was growing up - thus pulling in any lumps and bumps, now its not even considered.

I have a wardrobe full of 'good' dresses which have languished there for the past 2 years - nowhere to wear them, but I've recently started to wear them even for a trip to the supermarket, and it does make me feel terribly well dressed 🤭 .

After a bit of a recent health scare I've taken the attitude this stuff needs to be worn, wherever, because I hate to think of popping my clogs when there are labels (new clothes) still hanging in the wardrobe !

Totally agree with everything said on here. Even at wedding receptions I've seen men in jeans, and God knows why the young women turn up dressed for nightclubbing with only the fascinator as evidence they're actually at a wedding ! We ARE the scruffs of Europe. Young people in Italy, Spain, France etc may still wear casual gear, but at least they look stylish with it. Anyone who is very overweight here just don't seem to bother about it and don't even try to hide the fact. Perhaps because shapewear was the norm when I was growing up - thus pulling in any lumps and bumps, now its not even considered.

I have a wardrobe full of 'good' dresses which have languished there for the past 2 years - nowhere to wear them, but I've recently started to wear them even for a trip to the supermarket, and it does make me feel terribly well dressed 🤭 .

After a bit of a recent health scare I've taken the attitude this stuff needs to be worn, wherever, because I hate to think of popping my clogs when there are labels (new clothes) still hanging in the wardrobe !
I’m not keen on the cut off top look even if the wearer is thin/fit because it just doesn’t look right at formal events like weddings. People are supposed to be looking at the bride and groom not someone’s midriff (particularly if it’s hanging out!) 😱

I agree I agree. But.. we occasionally go to our local races, which is pretty much in the sticks - not talking ascot - and that seems to be the exception. Whatever the weather the wedding frocks and headgear are on show, complete with tangoed legs and trowelled on slap. They make an odd sight alongside the crusty tweedy old codgers in their flat caps and trilbys.

What is this, or it is best left to my imagination?

Oh dear Strato where have you been in the world of fashion? It is more a headband than a hat, like wearing a big bow or bit of mesh, or both.Sorry to disappoint you probably thought it was something FAR more interesting.

Oh dear Strato where have you been in the world of fashion? It is more a headband than a hat, like wearing a big bow or bit of mesh, or both.Sorry to disappoint you probably thought it was something FAR more interesting.
Never heard of it :)

That is, unless Lidl and Aldi clothes and shoes are part of that world.

Could be that it's seen as the trendy way to be nowadays.
If someone wants to just come round and have a cuppa dressed in their slobby gear, not a problem... but if they want me to part with my hard-earned money I expect some evidence of effort and professionalism. That's a trend I can get on board with. I don't even mind if they are in jeans provided they are smart, unripped ones.

Latest posts

Back