Seen it all now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are just masking the pong where the spray hits, what about the toe area. Odour Eaters are better and put in shoes when new and replaced as needed prevents the shoes absorbing the sweat. Jumped on bandwagon of Poo Pourri now that that taboo has been removed.

When I switched on this morning and saw the presenters surrounded by shoes,I thought great some different shoes especially I lked the look of some posh leather loafers.
Then I realised they were selling a deodorant for shoes. Silly me.

Q are now downgrading themselves to the level of the Poundshop, and all those other discounted stores where you find obscure little products and gadgets.

Either tat at Pound Shop level or taking the p&&& at the other end. How can they DARE sell a 9ct gold ring with H colour I-2 clarity diamonds for £1000? The presenter, to be fair, did push a little with "What is I2?". The American expert tried first to skate around by mentioning the colour before being pinned down and explaining that I clarity was at the bottom of the GIA scale. She then went on to justify the colour & clarity in the ring by saying that small diamonds don't need the clarity if the colour & cut was right (didn't mention WHAT was the cut though). But come on, £1000? Really?

Incidentally, there was FB visitor post that said a lady was trying to raise funds so took her jewellery into a shop to sell. Apparently, once they saw "QVC" as part of the Hallmark, they turned her away flat.

So, please, buy your jewellery because you like it and gives you pleasure. Don't buy it expecting to be treated seriously on re-sale. And for GOODNESS sake, don't spend £1000 in this way with QVC. £1000 goes a long way with a reputable jewellery firm.

Last edited:
I've had that reaction when I've gone to get rings resized in fact one refused to do the work.

anyone who buys jewellery from anywhere in the belief that it will appreciate in value is mistaken, if you recoup a good portion because the price of gold has risen since you bought it you are lucky.

I buy because I like it, if it isn't worth it when you buy it then it won't get better later on down the line (unless we are talking quality antiques)

I tried to sell an 18ct ring set with diamonds and was offered £125 in 2 shops. It was for a friend who lives abroad and she's decided to hold on to it as it cost her over £700/several years ago. Apparently there's no value in secondhand diamonds unless they are absolute top quality.

I've had that reaction when I've gone to get rings resized in fact one refused to do the work.

anyone who buys jewellery from anywhere in the belief that it will appreciate in value is mistaken, if you recoup a good portion because the price of gold has risen since you bought it you are lucky.

I buy because I like it, if it isn't worth it when you buy it then it won't get better later on down the line (unless we are talking quality antiques)

Totally agree.

I was also turned away from several jewellers after trying to get a Tiffany ring re-sized. I couldn't believe it! Apparently, I was meant to send it back to Tiffany where, for £35 (then), they'd swap it for the right size (according to the lady I spoke to). Presumably they'd polish it up and slap it back in a display cabinet as new!

I don't want a ring that holds sentimental value swapped, I just want it re-sized. Another saleslady who told me they were definitely re-sized, not swapped and that was why they took a few weeks to send the ring back out. But after speaking to the first lady, I've lost faith. I now wear it on my right hand instead.

I cringe when I hear salespeople in chain jewellers telling people that their hideously over-priced and poor quality I2-3 diamonds are an investment opportunity. I always feel like telling them to go a few minutes down the road to their local, long established jeweller for a better price on higher quality pieces, new or pre-loved.

Latest posts

Back