Selling Jewellery Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sev's Mum

Registered Shopper
Hi Ladies
I haven't been on here for a while, life seems to take over at the moment! I just wondered if anyone could recommend a place where I can sell my jewellery collection. I have lots of rings in yellow gold with gemstones and I never wear them. It just seems such a waste to leave them in my jewellery box. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

To be honest if you take to a jeweller unless very rare or graded stones they will just offer scape value.

You could try ebay but make sure you send special delivery which you really need to do with jewellery. But there will be fees of course. Oh and wait until the New Year as you might be hit with the postal rush etc.

Some people used to sell jewellery on here. I bought some lovely pieces way back. But I think less people visit down here now.

I've bought some nice jewellery from eBay but if you want a realistic price then you will need to put a reserve. Why don't you try selling one in the new year? You will need to take some reasonable photos too and know what size the stones are.

I`ve no idea which part of the Country you live in but a local jeweller near me is happy to put secondhand jewellery in his shop window and just take a commission if or when it`s sold. Of course, the more its sold for, then the more commission he makes and so he`s highly unlikely to cheat anybody. It`s a small independent jeweller, not a big chain.
Another place I`ve seen is like a bricks and mortar Ebay. You pay to display your jewellery and if or when its sold, you also pay a commission. They sell everything and I`ve seen lots of Charlie Bears in there as well as the usual china, glass and silver collectibles but prices seem to be quite low. It`s on Lord St in Southport and it used to be a small arcade of shops.

Latest posts

Back