Sending Out Used Products.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jaydeen

Registered Shopper
Lately I have been getting sent out used products by qvc, the last thing was the Mally TSV there was used eye liner, and the Poreless face defender had clearly been used as had the filthy sponge that came with it.
The other things I got in the set were gifts for a family members birthday. I rang up qvc and asked about this they said I would have to spend the whole kit back to get a replacement which isn't any help to me as the birthday gifts would have to be sent back too and my relative wouldn't get her gifts on her birthday. It's too much of a faff really. I do understand that from time to time, these things do happen, but this isn't the first time this has happened to me. It has happened about 4 times in the last 4 months where I either bought a set and wanted to split it up for gifts and something had been used not sealed etc or something came damaged broken or unsealed/used/dirty etc. Having to take the time to keep sending all these things back to get replacements is annoying. A company who keep tooting their own horn about being the "second trusted" etc.. should not be doing this as often as they are. Like I said I expect it to happen from time to time but not anywhere near as much as it does. Maybe I am just unlucky but it's starting to irritate me. Why is this happening so often?

It speaks loads about the number of returns they must have and why they're sending out The Letter so much. Which in turn speaks loads about quality of goods. And which is also probably why the postal charges are so ridiculous, to discourage people from returning. It won't work in my case, not that QVC make a fortune out of me any more - if something isn't right, back it goes and if it means a row with Customer Services, so be it.

That's terrible using cosmetics that have been returned

I'm sure there was a very detailed post on an earlier thread explaining that this is actually ILLEGAL, something I am storing in my memory bank to use in my complaint should they ever send used beauty products to me.

Having watched the television programme about pound stores on the BBC I started to wonder and think now that it's probably dodgy warehouse staff who stick their fingers in products or take them home for the evening and then put them back before they are sent out. I don't think a company like QVC would knowingly send used products to customers. Just a thought anyway.

They've been guilty of this for years, its not a 'recent thing at all.

I remember receiving a Michelle Hope (hangs her head in shame !) knitted top and skirt about 8/9 years ago, it was ivory in colour, but when I received it, the top had a heavy rim of foundation around the neckline, I was appalled that a) Q could send out previously worn clothing, but also b) there are women who clearly wear items for 30 days and send them back in such a state !

Maybe its me and my age, but I don't need to wear a garment out because I know immediately if clothing will fit, looks right or will 'work' as soon as I try it on, whether from Q or a catalogue. If it doesn't it goes straight back. Perhaps I have more of a conscience than others.

My friend once bought a top from New Look. She wore it on holiday and then took it back and got a refund. I was disgusted with her and told her so. She would be the first to complain about buying products that someone has used before her. As for QVC sending out used make up, I am appalled. I would send it straight back and make sure they paid for the postage.

My local Wallis staff must be accepting worn clothes (or wearing them themselves then putting them back). I frequently find skirts that have those telltale tiny creases that won't iron out unless the item has been washed, even though someone has obviously tried to press them out. The tops also have creases in the armpit area and stink of BO!

As someone who belongs to MakeupAlley, I have no problem swapping cosmetics that I've bought and don't suit me or trying expensive items first by swapping. I always sanitise with alcohol before sending and after receiving and will leave some items in the fridge for a few days to help kill off bugs that are temperature sensitive. I have a thing about lipgloss, though, and won't swap for them.

If QVC are intent on getting rid of used stuff they should sell it through their shops after sanitising. I fail to see why this would need to be a legal issue as most of us are happy to use testers at make-up counters and I frequently see customers dipping in and out after each other on a busy day without waiting for staff to sanitise between tests.

If you`re paying for a new unused item then that`s what you should receive. It`s fine if you actually know you`re buying used or secondhand a la Ebay but on Q everything should be in pristine condition.
I`ve said it before that an unscrupulous person could order the dress, shoes, bag, jewellery and makeup, use the lot for a night out/wedding etc then return it and it`s cost them around 20 quid in postage and I`ve no doubt people do it !

7 yrs ago, I bought a tanzanite ring as a present to myself on my 40th birthday.

It arrived with dirt, soap and gunk on the inside under the stones.

:angry:

I thought long and hard, and decided to keep it (they were out of stock in my size by that time).
Although I still wear the ring, I wish it hadn't been tainted by someone else. I cleaned it, thoroughly, of course, but even so... It is something I think of, every time I put the ring on my finger. Silly? Maybe? But I just don't seem to be able to put it out of my head, and if I had known I would feel like this then I WOULD have returned it.

It speaks loads about the number of returns they must have and why they're sending out The Letter so much. Which in turn speaks loads about quality of goods. And which is also probably why the postal charges are so ridiculous, to discourage people from returning. It won't work in my case, not that QVC make a fortune out of me any more - if something isn't right, back it goes and if it means a row with Customer Services, so be it.

I should have looked at the reviews first. Many had been sent back. I probably got some products that had been sent back.
I will do this in future.

7 yrs ago, I bought a tanzanite ring as a present to myself on my 40th birthday.

It arrived with dirt, soap and gunk on the inside under the stones.

:angry:

I thought long and hard, and decided to keep it (they were out of stock in my size by that time).
Although I still wear the ring, I wish it hadn't been tainted by someone else. I cleaned it, thoroughly, of course, but even so... It is something I think of, every time I put the ring on my finger. Silly? Maybe? But I just don't seem to be able to put it out of my head, and if I had known I would feel like this then I WOULD have returned it.

Disgusting. I have had ear-rings with hairs still on them. Qvc do this far too often for my liking.

Probably the beauty TSVs ordered on the actual day could be guaranteed safe, because they are new items specially put together for that day. I would be wary of the ones that keep appearing for weeks or months after, Elemis for example.
I once ordered a dress from a catalogue, a long time ago, it arrived in time for my night out so I was pleased about that. When I opened the bag it stunk to high heaven, the most rancid smell I can't begin to describe. What sort of filthy disgusting person had wore it and returned it? Returns were free of course, but I decided to phone them and let them know about this, they apologised for the inconvenience and said that all returns are normally checked. Obviously this one hadn't been.

Probably the beauty TSVs ordered on the actual day could be guaranteed safe, because they are new items specially put together for that day. I would be wary of the ones that keep appearing for weeks or months after, Elemis for example.
I once ordered a dress from a catalogue, a long time ago, it arrived in time for my night out so I was pleased about that. When I opened the bag it stunk to high heaven, the most rancid smell I can't begin to describe. What sort of filthy disgusting person had wore it and returned it? Returns were free of course, but I decided to phone them and let them know about this, they apologised for the inconvenience and said that all returns are normally checked. Obviously this one hadn't been.

That's what QVC say as well but we don't believe them do we.

Latest posts

Back