Shame on Nails Inc and QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the green man

Registered Shopper
Just wanted to share this.
Received my Nails this Inc magnetic polishes yesterday which were on advanced orders and they have gone straight back first class post today,i found the gold one just didn't work and it wasn't a case of subtlety it really didn't work.!

There have been quite a few reviews from customers who have had the same problem.
Got home today to see the lunchtime special of Nails Inc magnetic polishes,the model got then desired effect with the two colours but the gold was just painted on as a normal colour with Heather saying they are good to wear as a stand alone polish.

I feel this was a dishonest way of getting sales when there is an issue to be sorted out.I quite like Heather but would like her even more if she was honest and said we will not be bringing these back until it's sorted.

Have any of you out there sent these back.

I have kept mine because although,as you quite rightly say,the gold is just not good,I feel that the rest of the set is worth keeping.I had not used the top coat before and I think it is the best I have used and I have found that the nails inc polishes have lasted better than the Boots magnetised that I have also tried.

So for me,on balance,it was worth keeping and I will use the gold one in some other way,maybe with glitter or crackle etc etc.

Agreed

I agree wholeheartedly and posted a review on Q about it. The gold is rubbish in comparison - I barely got the gold to magnatise at all - it was so subtle I couldn't see it!!
I also noted the presentation today and I thought it was interesting that you didn't see the professional nail tecnician (the black girl, not the one sat with Heather) actually magnatise the gold, it was already done and I wondering how the hell she had actually got it to look that strong.
I have kept the kit however as the other 2 are fabulous. I haven't used the top coat yet as I am determined to finish my old Jessica one first - looking forward to trying it now.
Now they have release Whitehall (teal) hey should put that in the kit and take the gold out.

I purchased an identical product from Superdrug online, for a couple of teenage girls. They are very happy, and of course, they are a lot cheaper (and work)

In their defence, every time I've seen the set advertised they have been very specific that it is a subtle effect with the gold. And they have demoed it too. Of course we can never know just how it will look on us until we try it at home, which is why the 30-day MBG is so good.

I've got them all (though admittedly not from qvc) and the gold works fine, just gives a more subtle effect than the others.

I bought these and agree that the gold isn't that noticeable when you've used the magnet. The other colours have been commented on though by colleagues, parents of some of the children I teach and also people in shops. I decided to use the gold as the base coat for the grey varnish, so it didn't go to waste, and there is a subtle difference to the final effect, compared to when I use the grey for both coats.

I've since purchased the blue, green and more grey from Boots.com as they are only £5.99 each and I've found they last as long as the Nails Inc ones do. However, I'd like to find a nail varnish that would remove them quickly though as it takes me quite a while to get rid of it all before I change the colour for another week.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back