Shampoo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I have always had really thick hair, but just lately it doesn't seem as thick, perhaps its my age, and I do like it fairly long, can anybody recommend a good shampoo and conditioner, I do use straighteners sometimes, and I think it looks finer when its straight, I curl it as well with the Bayliss hot brush which I love, but I don't use these very day.

Ive tried Philip Kingsley elasticiser which didn't make any difference.

I have always had really thick hair, but just lately it doesn't seem as thick, perhaps its my age, and I do like it fairly long, can anybody recommend a good shampoo and conditioner, I do use straighteners sometimes, and I think it looks finer when its straight, I curl it as well with the Bayliss hot brush which I love, but I don't use these very day.

Ive tried Philip Kingsley elasticiser which didn't make any difference.

If the issue is a thinning one, I highly recommend the supplement tablet Biotin, it really has remarkable FB for encouraging hair density. Topically, I'm not sure if still available, but Michael DiCesare 'thicken' range (shampoo, conditioner, but not hair builder) I personally found very good to oommph hair

I am having problems with my hair thinning as well,mainly at the front.
I went to a Sally's store today and looked at Nioxin and Nutri-Ox,both are for thinning hair.
They do a pack with shampoo conditioner and scalp treatment,they do sell it else where but I think its a little cheaper there and I have a Sally's card.
You choose wether your hair is just starting to thin,or it's more advanced,also wether your hair is chemically treated or not.
I decided on the Nutri-Ox with some advice from the assistant.

Medication can cause your hair to thin, if you are unwell,age as well.

Look for thickening and volumzing shampoos and styling products.

Do if you feel like it try the supplements. But to be honest if they really worked, then no one would have thinning hair and all the companies making such products would be out of business.

Its like a question which popped up on a forum I belong to, in fact two different ones.

'Does drinking tea make you loose weight?'

Does drinking X (special brand) tea make up loose weight?'

Don't eat and drink nothing but tea for weeks and you will certainly be thinner. But if any of these products really worked then the whole diet industry would be out of business and we would all be thin.

image.jpg
I use this wella shampoo and conditioner, it comes in 2 types thick or fine hair, lasts ages as well, I also like the fudge range.

l'Oreal Elvive have just launched a new shampoo and conditioner called Fibrology specifically intended to thicken hair, available in Boots. Haven't tried it yet to comment.

back on line after a long time ... and with not being able to access this site have made some real technology boo boos that have had to be returned

Anyway I always think its good to take a supplement too attacking the problem from the inside as well I have always found Oil of Evening Primrose beneficial as I have fine hair that has thinned with age ...you need to take it for about a month to see results and for it to get into your system.

I use Liz Earle's shampoo and conditioner. I have very short, fine, coloured fair. But it doesn't strip the colour and it actually makes my hair feel and look squeaky clean when I step out the shower, unlike many others I've tried.

I should have said that Oil of Evening Primrose won`t thicken your hair but it does strengthen what you have ad put it in a better condition and also your nails. I have a chronic illness where I get run down easily and my hair and nails are always the first to suffer and it has always helped.

Latest posts

Back