Shark Household Helpers TSV 22/05/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the Orecks do look old fashioned...maybe they should market them as "vintage" or Retro" or "Mid-century Modern" Ian! Plus they still use paper dust bags which puts people off (mind you they last months).

I bought mine as a TSV in 1998/9 just after we'd moved into our old house, with Mr Akimbo muttering that we already had a vacuum cleaner. So I did the bedroom carpet we were planning to replace and Mr A thought I'd shampooed it when he got in from work. Purchase justified and it was a keeper for many years. Plus the big upright only weighed 9lb. I'm not sure whether Oreck still sell in the UK.

LOOOL that would help i think & yes the paper bag bit is a bit that would put people off

I bought an Oreck when I first moved here over ten years ago. It is extremely good, but I haven’t used it since I bought the two GTechs. I agree that they do look old fashioned but I didn’t find it as heavy as the Dyson I’d had before. However, it’s there if needed.

My neighbour borrowed it to do his lounge carpet and, on returning it, commented on the fact that it was so powerful he thought it was going to suck up his underlay, so at least that is proof that it does a good job. 😉

I bought one of these direct from Shark and I love it. It’s not perfect - can be a bit difficult to manoeuvre And quite heavy but the results are worth it. Saying that, I live on my own so not a family’s worth of dust etc, but before my cat died it used to collect a lot of his fur !
That's annoying as it says it's lightweight, also on Shark's website. I have a Shark stick corded that won't stand up by itself which has always been a bit of a pain but I see this one does. Im wondering if I can manoeuvre it into the downstairs room once it's delivered or will it be too heavy to push even in its box because obviously nobody can help!

Latest posts

Back