Shay & Blue discovery box is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just got the email! I decided to go for this (of course!) and got the perfumes I have never tried before so, Amber Rose/Scarlet Lily/Blueberry Musk/Oud. This is the only way I can afford to try them because the small sizes, other than in the selections Q put together, are a bit expensive.

Hi all, it's back and still £25 on their website. Fabulous value, 2 x 10ml fragrances, 2 x 2ml fragrances, 2 x 40ml handcreams. Scent choices for all of these. Beautifully presented as always 🤩
Posted earlier by SusieSue in the Shay & Blue TSV thread with link.
Great buy.

Sorry for repeat post, I'm new here and in addition to that, homeschooling my 5 year old whilst trying to work from home myself is frying my brain 🤯 !!!
Don't worry, if it needs to be merged with another thread, I'm sure Sazza will come to the rescue.

I can imagine how difficult it is. I have had colleagues in tears over the stress of it. Look after yourself.

Sorry for repeat post, I'm new here and in addition to that, homeschooling my 5 year old whilst trying to work from home myself is frying my brain 🤯 !!!
Hey Jojo it`s no big deal seeing good info twice. Some of us don`t read every thread and wherever we find it is always good news.
I`ve had 2 of this particular discovery box plus one of the more expensive discovery boxes they did before Christmas, all good value but in one box they sent me the wrong perfume for one of my choices but I kept it and didn`t bother contacting them.

Didn’t post to make you feel bad, sorry if I did. Was trying to copy the link from the other post & had problems.
Well done on the homeschooling front, I wouldn’t have the patience.

Oh hey you never made me feel bad!
Homeschooling was all good but started going downhill. I cried 4 times yesterday and 3 today. I am not a crier...usually 🤪
It must be catching today, I had a good blart this morning when I couldn’t sort out my son‘s student finance, just one frustrating day all around.
Hope the evening is an improvement.

I got an email last night for another Build A Box offer. £25 for 2x hand creams, 2x 10ml fragrances and 2x samples. Not needing this at all, I decided to go for it this morning and it was a complete failure! I did the selection several times and when it came to the confirm button, nothing happened, it just buffered then closed. So be warned! I left them a message saying I don’t have any more time to waste!

I got an email last night for another Build A Box offer. £25 for 2x hand creams, 2x 10ml fragrances and 2x samples. Not needing this at all, I decided to go for it this morning and it was a complete failure! I did the selection several times and when it came to the confirm button, nothing happened, it just buffered then closed. So be warned! I left them a message saying I don’t have any more time to waste!
Shay & Blue’s website is abysmal It’s very unstable on my iPad. I hate the image they project, trying to be trendy and with constantly changing, flashing images. I don’t think it suits the brand, which I do like otherwise. Last time I tried to order, I kept getting a little pop-up window with an offer to start a live chat to help me. I couldn’t get rid of it and every time I was taken to a new screen, up it popped again, right over information I wanted to read. In the end, I started a chat, telling them to stop hassling me with the annoying pop-ups and that I was terminating my order as a result. Strangely enough, that chat didn’t get off the ground because they didn’t reply. They didn’t get my order either.

But thanks for the info all the same, Mazza. Needless to say, I’m going to have a look but I bet I have the same problem as you.

Ah, thanks Andi, that explains a lot. I could try on another device but will resist temptation! After my quest for an alternative Shea hand cream following the L’Occitane debacle I have quite a stash to work through. They did get back to me saying “That’s a shame” (I know!) and offering me a £5 discount to get a 10ml for £25 (no thanks) and they could do a box for me if I let them know the contents, but it’s all too much like hard work. And completely unnecessary. I have in fact had to create new perfume and hand cream spreadsheets so I know where I am, and what I like! So really they did me a favour with their useless website. Perhaps there will be a TSV at some point.

I agree about the psychedelic website not suiting their brand. They want to be very hip and young, but they aren’t doing any favours to Dom and his classical perfume background. Also, I think they are producing too many, too quickly, and I don’t think some of these newer ones have the depth of the original classics. I found Tallulah’s Camelia and Scarlet Lily very “high street generic”. At least I think it was those two…I’d have to consult my list to be sure, 😂😂.

Ah, thanks Andi, that explains a lot. I could try on another device but will resist temptation! After my quest for an alternative Shea hand cream following the L’Occitane debacle I have quite a stash to work through. They did get back to me saying “That’s a shame” (I know!) and offering me a £5 discount to get a 10ml for £25 (no thanks) and they could do a box for me if I let them know the contents, but it’s all too much like hard work. And completely unnecessary. I have in fact had to create new perfume and hand cream spreadsheets so I know where I am, and what I like! So really they did me a favour with their useless website. Perhaps there will be a TSV at some point.
I don’t blame you giving in. I just had a look at the site. I didn’t get an email but think I found the set you describe (“Discovery Box”?). When I clicked on it to see if it would let me choose/order, it said “Our mega exciting Discovery Box is not available right now. We will tell you when it‘s back”. Maybe you just missed out if it was the Discovery Box you were trying to buy. Weird, though, as they are usually available for weeks.

PS I already have a perfume spreadsheet. I don’t like looking at it because it’s frankly embarrassing!

I agree about the psychedelic website not suiting their brand. They want to be very hip and young, but they aren’t doing any favours to Dom and his classical perfume background. Also, I think they are producing too many, too quickly, and I don’t think some of these newer ones have the depth of the original classics. I found Tallulah’s Camelia and Scarlet Lily very “high street generic”. At least I think it was those two…I’d have to consult my list to be sure, 😂😂.
I think all the photos on the site feature people under 24, except maybe the perfumer pictured who might be ancient at 30ish. Fine if that’s where they want to pitch themselves but as you say, the perfumes are (were?) much more “classic” in style.

I absolutely agree about the newer perfumes, too. I don’t think I have tried the Lily one but the Camellia is indeed very “high street generic”. Same with the Voulez-Vous, which I just got in a sample, fortunately.

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to order a couple of these Discovery Boxes and have now lost the will to carry on. Why do companies make their websites so difficult to navigate? (Yes, Lola Rose, I include your website in this).
Anyway, it's Shay & Blue's loss as I certainly won't be trying again. Life is just too short for that kind of stress.

So how come when I look at the site, the Discovery Box is out of stock and I can’t even begin to try to order it? I’m taking this personally! They’ve taken my “live chat” snub to heart and blacklisted me!

So how come when I look at the site, the Discovery Box is out of stock and I can’t even begin to try to order it? I’m taking this personally! They’ve taken my “live chat” snub to heart and blacklisted me!
Think of it as a blessing Andi, at least it stops you spending 😂😂

Latest posts

Back