Shes Back ..............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Okay, good luck to her for joint creating a brand and making big money from it. Just like Jo Fairley from the Beauty Bible and Green and Black chocolate which she sold for millions.

Right, I could see she has eye bags, oh and she does still have the shark eyes(the face smiles but the eyes are watching and saying, come on fans tell me how wonderful I am). Liz has a professional make up artist come on with her(we learnt this years back), also they where using the famous golden light even Chloe looked soft round the edges. Does anyone remember the one show when it was turned off? The comments on here about how shocked people were at Liz's eye bags and how tired she looked. That was the real Liz and how she normally looks.

Yes " cold" and too good to be true. I've gone off her since I heard about Avon, but I still buy the body wash on ebay because I like the smell, I find L E shows a bit remote and the products seem to be a bit too niche and not relevant to me, come to think of it that goes for most of the beauty hours.

She started off as GMTV's resident Beautician, then had her own show Liz Ealrle's Lifestyle (96-97) which apparently was filmed in her own 7 bedroom, £800,000 London mansion, she was doing pretty well back then!

Must say I like the sound of the almond orange cake the chef prepares in the clip below...hope it works!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-9iLsby0iE

While reading this thread I have become more and more surprised at some of the comments. I can understand people not taking to certain guests and presenters, but can't see the 'shark eyes' and don't understand the personal comments about Liz Earle, unless of course you happen to know her. We don't know the exact truth about the reasons for the sale to Avon (an offer too good to refuse perhaps?), however surely she is free to do what she wants with her own company? Anyone who has started a successful business will have worked extremely hard and wouldn't we all want the very best for our family? As to a stress free life - how on earth do you know? Obviously she won't have any money worries, but I think anyone with five children has plenty of stress to deal with at various points. Everyone is of course free to dislike her performance on screen, but all the rest is just speculation.
Disclaimer: I don't know LE, have no connections to the company, am allergic to Superskin, but do like Cleanse & Polish.

Okay, good luck to her for joint creating a brand and making big money from it.

I don't wish her good luck. This is a woman who sold out millions of customers who had supported her business and made her nicely rich because we were foolish enough to believe that she was a person of ethics who cared about animals as we did. Like Anita Roddick, Liz Earle used us and manipulated us to her own ends, and then when WE had made her business the success it became, she sold us down the river by selling the company to Avon - a company whose production processes involve experimenting on animals. To most of her ex-customers Liz Earle is a cold, calculating, greedy woman who betrayed her customers and betrayed the animals. The money she took is a direct result of animals being tortured for profit. It's not good luck she'll get if there's any justice in this world.

Last edited:
I thought she looked very well groomed and would prefer to listen to her than gabby gob Caroline......

The price of the products is quite expensive compared to when the range was first brought to the public. One point that annoys me relates back to the change of ingredients in the C & P when the almond oil was replaced with coconut oil! No one would admit that the product had changed and I stopped buying this range then.

Why does Avon not sell this range in their catalogue?

Why does Avon not sell this range in their catalogue?

Because Liz Earle is still a company of its own, only under the roof of Avon, like e.g. Clinique which is an Estée Lauder company.

Does anyone know when there will be the next TSV?

I don't wish her good luck. This is a woman who sold out millions of customers who had supported her business and made her nicely rich because we were foolish enough to believe that she was a person of ethics who cared about animals as we did. Like Anita Roddick, Liz Earle used us and manipulated us to her own ends, and then when WE had made her business the success it became, she sold us down the river by selling the company to Avon - a company whose production processes involve experimenting on animals. To most of her ex-customers Liz Earle is a cold, calculating, greedy woman who betrayed her customers and betrayed the animals. The money she took is a direct result of animals being tortured for profit. It's not good luck she'll get if there's any justice in this world.
I really don't think it's clear with a lot of companies about animal testing,I have just seen some horrific pictures regarding Loreal who still test on animals in Europe,I will never buy another of their products.
Lynn :mysmilie_51:

Someone on her Facebook page was not happy about the change in the Instant Boost, she understood about the grower not being able to supply the organic aloe vera. But why couldn't they source elsewhere. Also complaints in about the new cream exotic range. Where are the natural ingredients? The answer given well people wanted a cream luxury style range and unfortunately they couldn't do the organic and natural(high up in the ingredients list).

Someone put up on another board the EU ruling about animal testing, the new rules which came in.

It said banned testing products and getting ingredients tested by others. So if L'Oreal are getting others to test outside the EU then its illegal and if you can prove it they should be reported. There is no ruling for US products so you just have to take their word.

Chaz Dean Wen, has said live on air no animal ingredients and nothing in his range tested by him or others, also approved by either PETA or US Human Society(cannot remember which he said)? I believe him as he made the statement in detail, when asked. No just the usual,"Oh we don't test."

It isn`t just animals who suffer. Nestle (amongst others) have their fingers in cosmetic companies but a number of years ago Nestle took dried baby milk into small African villages and townships and gave it free to new Mothers to try to encourage them to use dried baby milk. Mothers in such areas usually breastfeed their children for many many months until weaned. What Nestle didn`t consider was after their freebies had been used by then the Mother`s milk had obviously dried up and they couldn`t afford to buy more powdered milk. Consequently many small babies became underfed, ill or even died because the parents couldn`t buy food for them or were having to feed them totally unsuitable food or milk far too young. The water in such areas is often contaminated so many babies fell ill from bacterial infections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_boycott

I find the ill will directed against Liz Earle on her selling the company to Avon a bit odd, though I assume it's in relation to Liz Earle being certified cruelty free.
Yet at the same time as some people get all objectionable on here to the Liz Earle Avon connection, they get all excited about forthcoming TSVs from any number of beauty brands on QVC, whether Gatineau, Bobbi Brown, Mally, Laura Geller.......none of whom are certified cruelty free. While I acknowledge that some brands may make a statement on their own website or be PETA certified, that doesn't cut it with me. To become PETA certified as cruelty free all the company has to do is submit a statement to PETA, basically it's 'self-certification'. Whereas leaping bunny certification requires companies and their supply chain to be subjected to independent verification and audit, which gives me a greater confidence. Any company that claims to be cruelty free yet has not made efforts to get leaping bunny certification leaves me questioning the validity of their claims.

Is it necessarily the animal issue that annoys people though? I was not really aware of those aspects but what surprises me is the way Q still presents it as a bunch of happy artisans working for a small company on the IOW rather than part of a massive global company, however good or bad it may be.

Avon has been in financial trouble for a number of years, just after the bought Liz Earle for big money. Coty put a bid in for Avon and were turned down(Avon shares went up because of Coty offer), they offered again and turned down. Last I heard L'Oreal sniffing round Avon, but then it all went quiet, so no idea if Avon bought out or not????

Avon are considered old fashioned in today's online sales, they still push the Avon lady though they have a site. In fact Avon closed down in Ireland last year, no warning to the Avon ladies or website. The site just closed without warning, then via video link the area managers told, "As of today, we are no longer in Ireland!" People waiting on orders that never came, on the ground Avon ladies having customers very angry getting at them. The Avon ladies suddenly losing out on their earnings.

Oh that is a very sorry story for those Avon ladies! I have always found it a nightmare to find someone who kept in the role and gave out the brochures at regular intervals. A friend of mine decided to have a go at this some time ago and had a nightmare time with the regional queen bee Avon lady so I wonder if it has all fallen apart since we buy so much online now. Their website (last time I looked) was not that great and to be honest you may as well buy something in Boots when browsing in the dreaded High Street.

I thought she looked very well groomed and would prefer to listen to her than gabby gob Caroline......

The price of the products is quite expensive compared to when the range was first brought to the public. One point that annoys me relates back to the change of ingredients in the C & P when the almond oil was replaced with coconut oil! No one would admit that the product had changed and I stopped buying this range then.

I totally agree.... I first started off my good skincare with using Liz Earle but then the Cleanse & Polish changed formula and they DISAGREED even when I contacted them direct and said it had. It quite blatantly had Almond Milk in it originally then they changed it to Cocoa Butter which made it and my skin greasy..... I had a small 'original' one and a newer one and quoted the ingredients to them but still they persisted that it had not changed.... SO, I changed my skincare. It is also fairly pricey now I feel. I went over to using A'Kin Creamy Geranium Cleanser which is a 2 in 1 which worked out half the price of hers plus not needing a toner with it. However, I have now converted to N-Spa Hot Cloth Cleanser which is only a fraction of even that (£7 for 150ml)

I don't think Avon's products are any more old fashioned than some of the offerings in Boots/super drug. However most people I know just order off the brochure which means that the old idea of seeing samples means it is a bit hit and miss colour wise
I feel that the delivery times either through the agents or from the website is very very old fashioned and makes Q look quite good.
I buy quite a few bits and the prices are for nothing so you don't waste much if the colour is not great. There is as much chance of the likes of Mally/L Geller etc being totally wrong for colours and texture as Avon, (well it was for me anyway)

The cruelty free aspect is a different thing altogether, but there are much more expensive brands who do not pass with flying colours either.

Latest posts

Back