Ships w/c...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I’ve noticed the word tushie creeping in more now. I HATE that word with a passion! I remember when Lennie first came to QVC and he kept using the the word fanny and fanny pack ( bum and bum bag) The presenters had a fit of the vapours! It had to be explained gently to him that it means something quite different here.

A. Keenen often says that an item has 'sold through.' Another Americanism ? Debbie Flint often uses the word 'tushie' which derives from an American/Yiddish word 'tuchus' i.e. buttocks.
I don’t like sold through. It’s nonsense. There was/is a dark haired presenter on IW who said ‘sold out and gone’. Can’t remember her name but she was quite fun and a mainstay. Sold out or gone is all we need.

I agree that it sounds more American. But it’s probably because it fits the graphics on screen better.

I don’t like sold through. It’s nonsense. There was/is a dark haired presenter on IW who said ‘sold out and gone’. Can’t remember her name but she was quite fun and a mainstay. Sold out or gone is all we need.
Yes, thank you. There was no side to her. Did she leave?
Probably Loen Love she didn't care what she said.

Hayley always says that too, she’s got blonde hair though. Loen went to Create And Craft (don’t know if she’s still there) but Hayley is still on IW, Hayley does seem nice, possibly one of the only shopping telly people I can listen too.

Latest posts

Back