Shoddy new design Kuhn Rikon Shears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just rang Q, and as expected they can't just send a replacement for the one faulty item, they have to replace all 4. They are so inflexible.

They said they would send a label for me to return them, then they would send a replacement when they received them back.

I pointed out that by the time all this had been done, it would be too late for me to "gift" them for xmas.

So they agreed to send out the new set immediately, and a return label, so Hermes could collect the faulty set when they deliver the new one in 3 to 5 working days.

To be honest, I would like to check the new ones before returning the first set, in case the new set also has faulty shears.

The new design of catch is very shoddy compared with the original. As I said, I just squeezed the handle to open them, and 3 pieces fell off, including a spring that disappeared, and a tiny metal pin that was obviously not fitted properly. It doesn't bide well for their longevity.

Very disappointed, especially as KR had a reputation for quality :(
Hi Stud Buddy in my experience you may well receive your replacement set before your label arrives.

I think I'd be tempted to send the lot back and not bother with the replacement. Annoying as it is, the product is inferior and didn't meet your expectations. If the replacement includes 4 ok ones or a mixture of ok/broken so you can keep all the good 'uns, that's still not great! They may not be durable, and sound pretty damned dangerous to me if bits fly off them. Do you want to go through the rigmarole of chasing them up further down the line? My advice Stratto is to quit whilst your ahead!

I think I'd be tempted to send the lot back and not bother with the replacement. Annoying as it is, the product is inferior and didn't meet your expectations. If the replacement includes 4 ok ones or a mixture of ok/broken so you can keep all the good 'uns, that's still not great! They may not be durable, and sound pretty damned dangerous to me if bits fly off them. Do you want to go through the rigmarole of chasing them up further down the line? My advice Stratto is to quit whilst your ahead!
I'm not ahead yet as I haven't got 4 good ones.

I bought a set of two back in 2015. For a few years they were good and cut through tough plastic packaging and anything else. Sadly they now dont stay closed and constantly spring open when in the drawer. Neither do they cut properly any more, as the blades dont meet as they bypass each other. I can only think that the metal has relaxed over time. Probably corners were cut in the manufacturing process.
We are very careful with any tools or utensils we have, so they definitely have not been misused.

Latest posts

Back