Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

• Yes

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have placed my vote whatever is decided by the powers that be, will be.
It won’t make a jot of difference, I’ll buy a TSV if I can afford, like, require what it is for someone or myself, and think at the time it is good value.
I’ve checked and have purchased just eight TSV’s in the last 12 months.
I very much doubt what happens between what’s posted here and QVC with how or when I view that will have make any difference to my future purchasing of TSV’s.

Is there really any observed rationale behind this mythical 14 day cut-off to show what percentage of "new TSV threads" have to be entirely amended because a whole new category of TSV is replaced. Or is it just a gut feeling that annoys a few people? I can't tell.

I can't see what actual harm it does and if people start discussing say a gardening TSV but the date changes by a couple of days; just amend the title header with the new date, because the discussion is all still valid. Even if it's changed to a different gardening brand last minute; the folk who are into gardening would probably still be interested to read. Maybe a note that it's changed from X to Y? So would we leave these as is? How would we know in advance that the TSV might change, so wouldn't we be limiting all TSV threads just to hit a few late changed ones?

I suspect that plenty of traffic is driven to this site by early tip-offs, and traffic = revenue to keep the site funded. If we limit early heads-up threads but the info is readily available on other social media why would folk keep coming here? It feels like a shot in the foot. It would seem churlish to delete a thread posted say 17 days in advance, in case it changes.

Come on all you stalwarts that resist past requests modify content? I can't see any real benefit in setting a random time limit that hasn't been monitored and logged over a period of time. It's an unjustified knee-jerk censorship surely? Or have I missed the detailed stats and study?

A thread on a topic is really just a jumping-off point for discussion around the subject; that's the added value from a thread launching early. In my case I rely on folk here talking me out of buying a TSV; possibly suggesting a better or cheaper alternative.

There have been far more annoying repetitions on here (for me anyway) but that's not my call to make to have them excluded. I just skip past the stuff that bugs me.

So here's my compromise:
If a TSV item stays roughly the same but the date alters; we just edit the date (& maybe note that the date has altered)
If a TSV on dd/mm/yy has completely been replaced by something from an utterly different department; say DIY to Shoes or Beauty to Gardening, the thread title has the date removed and noted that it's a thread discussing DIY but the TSV reference is cancelled. That way there's no censorship of discussion content but at a quick glance it's no longer a TSV thread and a new thread can created with the correct info as soon as someone spots the change.

It's QVC that is fannying around; no need for us to run around like headless chickens too!

Couldn’t agree more. Well said.

Well maybe I shouldn't have bothered with poll and just brought changes in and dealt with the inevitable complaints.

Wow 😯

I’m not on Social Media & have only spotted a couple of offers posted on HUKD, I rely on this site for my information.
The posts on this site were why I joined in the first place.

Don’t mention the Bargain Hunter thread as this thread might get closed down, now that would be interesting.
Yes, I don’t do social media either but like getting the advance notices, gives me time to think, & the comments & reviews on the thread by people who’ve tried the brand or the products before are very helpful. Main reason why I joined too, think SCW’s early heads up are really useful.

Yes, I don’t do social media either but like getting the advance notices, gives me time to think, & the comments & reviews on the thread by people who’ve tried the brand or the products before are very helpful. Main reason why I joined too, think SCW’s early heads up are really useful.
I agree, I’m grateful to SCW for posting TSV’s as far in advance as possible. Main reason why I joined, I hope it continues

I agree, I’m grateful to SCW for posting TSV’s as far in advance as possible. Main reason why I joined, I hope it continues
We are not talking about no advance notice of TSVs. It is about potentially cutting down the time as to when threads can be posted. If there is no information available about a TSV four weeks before the thread is fairly pointless particularly when Q then change the schedule. If threads went up two or three weeks before then there is more likely to be information available.

We are not talking about no advance notice of TSVs. It is about potentially cutting down the time as to when threads can be posted. If there is no information available about a TSV four weeks before the thread is fairly pointless particularly when Q then change the schedule. If threads went up two or three weeks before then there is more likely to be information available.
To quote Tiny feet. "I agree, I’m grateful to SCW for posting TSV’s as far in advance as possible."

I'm not seeing any confusion here between no TSV posts & restricted TSV posts, & several replies, including the above show this. Why can't we simply go with the poll result - otherwise, really, what was the point? Why do we still need to 'ponder', when the poll is complete & the majority have made their wishes known.

I'm all for democracy & it'd be nice to see more of it on 'our' forum.

To quote Tiny feet. "I agree, I’m grateful to SCW for posting TSV’s as far in advance as possible."

I'm not seeing any confusion here between no TSV posts & restricted TSV posts, & several replies, including the above show this. Why can't we simply go with the poll result - otherwise, really, what was the point? Why do we still need to 'ponder', when the poll is complete & the majority have made their wishes known.

I'm all for democracy & it'd be nice to see more of it on 'our' forum.
We had BREXIT with a much slimmer majority LOL (and look where that got us)

Just create a section called Upcoming QVC tsv`s and then people can post as many tsv`s as they like and if they`re bored enough to want to post them weeks and weeks in advance, then they`ll all be in the same place, under the same heading, easy to find and people can browse them whenever they choose and as often as they like.
Then when a tsv is actually live and 100% certainty what it is then it can be posted as a live tsv on the main QVC page.

If you find TSV threads more than two weeks in advance troubling don't click and read until just a fortnight before the TSV date or updated date.
21 people voted for time limited threads out of nearly 9,000 members, and at the time of posting there are 65 people browsing. Time for a different discussion.

If you find TSV threads more than two weeks in advance troubling don't click and read until just a fortnight before the TSV date or updated date.
21 people voted for time limited threads out of nearly 9,000 members, and at the time of posting there are 65 people browsing. Time for a different discussion.
Time for a different discussion.........

.....and to declare the vote as a 'win' (?) for the 'Aye's'.

Just to say before or if this thread gets closed.
I never intended my posts on the TSV’s to cause upset and I certainly appreciate anyone posting information. But perhaps I thought when confirmed….
I’m not a bad person and value everyone opinions, I certainly don’t like bad feelings. I don’t know anymore and for now will take a break from posting….
Yesterday we woke to our labrador panting, shaking in a lot of pain, and unable to move. After a neighbour kindly helped my husband to carry him to the car, to go to the vets. He very sadly didn’t come back home, I know it’s selfish to expect him to always be with us. It still does hurt so badly and we miss him….

Last edited:
I never intended my posts on the TSV’s to cause upset and I certainly appreciate anyone posting information. But perhaps I thought when confirmed….
I’m not a bad person and value everyone opinions, I certainly don’t like bad feelings. I don’t know anymore and for now will take a break from posting….
Yesterday we woke to our labrador panting, shaking in a lot of pain, and unable to move. After a neighbour kindly helped my husband to carry him to the car, to go to the vets. He very sadly didn’t come back home, I know it’s selfish to expect him to always be with us. It still does hurt so badly and we miss him….
DG you have nothing to reproach yourself for. Your opinions on any thread is as valuable as anybody else`s. As for your fur baby, I am so sorry to hear you have lost him. We lost our labrador last year, she was only 8 and unbeknown to us, she had a growth which began pressing on her brain and she was unable to walk. The growth was inoperable. We now have a young whippersnapper lab who is naughty but lovely with it and our house was just too quiet without a waggy tail.
Take time to grieve for your boy and it will take as long as it takes so allow yourself as long as you need. Once again I am so sorry for your loss.

Dream girl sorry about your lab and I do understand that you are not in the best place at the moment.

Sometimes it‘s not a bad idea to take a break now and again, I think we all do it especially when just recently on other threads there have been some horrible posts against our members. These are usually from first time posters or someone who hasn’t posted anything since 2016 and then wades into 2 separate people. Genuine differences of opinion are what life is all about.

Look after yourself.

I’m ever so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Labrador 😢

How awful for him and you...

I know the pain of losing a fur baby all too well and there’s nothing I really say to help but I hope you’re able to take some time to mourn his loss and remember your pup 🐶

Really sorry to hear to hear that, DG. Heart goes out to you. You made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back