Simon Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMO he is the rudest person who has ever been on QVC. The man who sold Deans Bears on the Q could give old Simon a run for his money, odious doesn't begin to describe him.

Presenters are terrified of what he will say next. Micèal was on with him and I was impressed that when Simon flat out contradicted him he didn't just cave and agree with him.
Micèal is very lispy. I wonder if he's got Invisalign?
I have never warmed to Simon, but he keeps them on their toes. And to his credit he does keep coming on air. Some other "designers" are to big for Q now...

You'd think the chemistry between two divas wouldn't work, but somehow it does.

I like the fact he is a bit of a loose cannon as I hate the sameness of bland that is Q nowadays.
He's a loose cannon alright and certainly not bland. He doesn't filter his comments and has a captive audience with the presenter of the moment. The most bland seller of jewelry on QVC is Annie Hark. (Her stuff is bland as well.)

Don't like him whatsoever. I've always thought he comes across as rude. I have a few pieces of his range from many years ago, and really liked it. Pretty necklaces with matching earrings. The stuff he now sells I think of as junk jewellery.

I too still have some good pieces from his range from a decade or so ago. I still wear the really gorgeous CLIP ON chandelier earrings he produced, and a few of his brooches, but I agree that the 'stuff' he churns out now is only fit for kids, as a yellow chicken with an umbrella is not something I'd wear on a black evening dress on a cruise !!!

I remember always going into the South Molton St. shop and have a small lizard brooch from the 70’s, now I think he will just give a general direction and the OK to whatever comes up.He knows what sells big time on Q the little animals or the huge OTT pieces the more garish the better, stick a huge price on them and hey ho, money in the bank.

Yes, not having shops anywhere else only the one in London, and moving onto QVC was a great marketing coup for him. Reaching millions of potential shoppers throughout the UK, it must be cheaper giving Q a profit share than the overheads of nationwide shops.

You'd think the chemistry between two divas wouldn't work, but somehow it does.
It works because she sucks up to him massively, and she lets his acid barbs skim right over her head. Clearly she knows him well enough not to attribute malice to those less than complimentary utterances. Given the rough ride less favoured presenters and even models get, I'm sure most are happy to stand aside for Julia and the two models he uses even for non Q work.

Just to add, he had one classy looking piece, a horse head broach made with predominantly baguette cut stones. If it didn't make me think of The Godfather, I might have considered it.

I have a silver plated hair clip all baguettes and I absolutely love it. cost a lot of money for a hair clip but its worth every penny.

Going to the Theatre tonight with my girls so will wear my beautiful B&W skirt. A plain Black fitted T shirt top and ready to go.

I still have pieces I bought from his shop in Princes Square Glasgow from the late 1980s, all are still as good as new
That would have been when Butler was still there designing. The jewellery was much better quality and design when he was part of the company. All the classic pieces from B&S are from when he was there.

He left and in whatever agreement let Simon keep the name. He went to America and still sells jewellery on the HSN channel, and it is supposed to be really great quality too.

That would have been when Butler was still there designing. The jewellery was much better quality and design when he was part of the company. All the classic pieces from B&S are from when he was there.

He left and in whatever agreement let Simon keep the name. He went to America and still sells jewellery on the HSN channel, and it is supposed to be really great quality too.

Latest posts

Back