Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Talking about COVID did anyone watch the drama Help on channel 4, quite harrowing šŸ˜£
Iā€™ve got it on to record. Because I had other programmes recording when it was first aired, my Humax opted for an alternative date and time. (This coming Monday at 2:00 am šŸ˜³) I would have watched it on the day but I was busy watching a film.

I work in a busy store and when we re-opened after the first lock down we were given cleaning and hygiene training, the advice we received was not to wear latex gloves because you are less likely to feel the need to sanitise them as you would sanitise and wash bare hands.

The thinking was that if you contaminate a glove with Covid in the first store you shopped in you would spread it onto everything you touched.

I know from last December when I was at the shop door regulating how many people were going in and out most of those wearing latex gloves didn't use the sanitiser provided and refused to use it when it was offered while almost everyone with bare hands used it, I also know that if any of us serves someone wearing latex gloves we immediately go and wash our hands while someone else cleans the counter with anti-bac and when we serve someone with bare hands we just use hand gel.

I work in a busy store and when we re-opened after the first lock down we were given cleaning and hygiene training, the advice we received was not to wear latex gloves because you are less likely to feel the need to sanitise them as you would sanitise and wash bare hands.

The thinking was that if you contaminate a glove with Covid in the first store you shopped in you would spread it onto everything you touched.

I know from last December when I was at the shop door regulating how many people were going in and out most of those wearing latex gloves didn't use the sanitiser provided and refused to use it when it was offered while almost everyone with bare hands used it, I also know that if any of us serves someone wearing latex gloves we immediately go and wash our hands while someone else cleans the counter with anti-bac and when we serve someone with bare hands we just use hand gel.
It was also last December when I saw a woman apply a liberal amount of antibac gel to her gloves as she left the M&S toilets in Worcester, obviously she had worn them throughout her 'visit'. A number of women in the queue had words with her & the assistant who was working nearby asked her to stop dripping gel on the floor & to refrain from touching goods until her gloves were dry or she had removed them. Covid isn't the only condition spread by dirty humans, however, I'd never heard politicians or their advisers ever mention the importance of having clean hands until March 2020; as someone who washes her hands many times every day I was disgusted that a campaign had to be launched to show others how to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back