SJ Bareminerals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
Wow she is on a the moment looking so slim after her gastric band. She looks fab she has lost loads of weight:mysmilie_12:

She's done really well and she looks a lot younger. Wears some nice clothes too, not QVC 'fashion'.

She's done really well and she looks a lot younger. Wears some nice clothes too, not QVC 'fashion'.

Has she really 'done well' if the weight loss is down to surgery? She's also clearly had skin tightening/plasma work done on the neck. Just putting it out there.....

SJ looks very good and I like the presentations without ( name escapes me) partner.We know her weight loss is down to gastric band but will she have to keep to that? So drastic.

I was listening to an interview only in the last day or so with a lady who has had a band fitted. Because we don’t do them in NI she had to go to Liverpool to get it done, fine and dandy but she had to go back regularly to get it gradually tightened. This proved very expensive, flight hotel time of work each time so she got to the stage she could no longer afford to do it so slipped back.

What about all the excess flab you see them tucking in their knickers until they qualify for another op to remove it.

I suppose it works slightly differently if you are paying for it privately.

Hard call to make.

I wonder why she was not able to diet and just lose the weight rather than the gastric band?

I wonder why she was not able to diet and just lose the weight rather than the gastric band?

I also wondered about that especially as she was never really voluptuous. Last September, after being retired for nine months, a wonderful holiday & a family wedding I decided that I looked a bit thick around the middle. I joined Slimming World, set myself a target & achieved it within 11 weeks. Since then I've continued to lose weight, set myself a lower target, which I've reached, & I'm the lightest I've been in 12 years.

I also wondered about that especially as she was never really voluptuous. Last September, after being retired for nine months, a wonderful holiday & a family wedding I decided that I looked a bit thick around the middle. I joined Slimming World, set myself a target & achieved it within 11 weeks. Since then I've continued to lose weight, set myself a lower target, which I've reached, & I'm the lightest I've been in 12 years.

Well done, Twilight.

I hope that using MyFitnessPal works as well for me. I won't join slimming groups for personal reasons but am in dire need of getting off my arse and losing some weight.

By the time she's finished being marched around the studio by that bossy Ms Krammer she'll be another couple of pounds lighter.

Well done Twilight on your weight loss! getting onto a healthy eating plan I believe is the way to go.I follow WW and have dropped some weight and could it have been more but I ‘slip off the wagon’ from time to time!I do not know very much about gastric band surgery but would think it would be a last resort when everything else has failed.I have done SW too and although found the diet good the class I attended took so long with everyone reviewing their week I lost the will to live.Do they still do that?

Exactly Twilight, and well done. Last year I decided I was getting podgy, hated seeing photos of myself, so cut out sugary things as much as I could and have lost 22lbs. You just have to have determination, will power and the want to do it. I now want to lose more before my holidays so when I go into the pool no-one turns up with a harpoon. :mysmilie_17:

Well done Twilight on your weight loss! getting onto a healthy eating plan I believe is the way to go.I follow WW and have dropped some weight and could it have been more but I ‘slip off the wagon’ from time to time!I do not know very much about gastric band surgery but would think it would be a last resort when everything else has failed.I have done SW too and although found the diet good the class I attended took so long with everyone reviewing their week I lost the will to live.Do they still do that?

Yes! The one I attend is mid morning, we have to be out by 1pm & our consultant is very good at keeping things moving along at a steady pace. They are a fabulous group, we have regular parties, where most bring the most amazing dishes, & the plan suits me. I'm a typical British pear shape & so I couldn't believe how rounded I looked on the photos at my nephew's wedding, my Mr T says I'll always have the same body shape but now I'm back to being a Conference rather than a Comice - I took this as a positive...

I was really surprised to read about SJ having a gastric band and all that. I never thought she was overweight, I mean I never noticed. I don't watch a lot of the make up shows to be fair but any time I saw her I didn't think wow she could lose a bit of weight. I've always thought she looked lovely. As someone who's been fat and thin, I've always managed to sort it through dieting but if you have another underlying condition (e.g. diabetes) that doesn't always work.

CC

Well done, Twilight.

I hope that using MyFitnessPal works as well for me. I won't join slimming groups for personal reasons but am in dire need of getting off my arse and losing some weight.

I feel the same about slimming groups - also for personal reasons and my own history.. And I know it seems to be effective, but I find the slimming world plans/approach very odd (mum and grannie both did it when I was a teen - but that's another story!)

Are you planning to use the app to log your intake and set goals? Should work well as a motivation and it's useful to use as a food and exercise diary. But remember to focus on doing it slowly but surely as it's easier to make positive changes and maintain weight in the longer term. Good luck!

she was quite plump and she does not look tall. always had a beautiful face but now she has the model figure. glad she's happy!

I’ve put on over a stone due to medication which I am not happy about, especially as the meds didn’t work so now I’m stuck with dieting it off when I’ve always watched my weight and have such a strict diet it’s hard to see what I can reduce :mysmilie_51:

I know of someone who had a gastric band operation.....she did not survive the op.

It's not the magic wand solution some people seem to think it is.

Best wishes to all on here with your healthy eating regimes

Latest posts

Back