Skincare Lies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
OK. I'm fully aware I'm in a bit of a grouchy mood tonight but am just watching the Sarah Chapman hour on QVC.

Now then. Firstly, she's on with JF, who naturally uses all the range and loves it because it's made such a difference to her skin (apparently she's had problems with blocked pores and sensitivity - so all the Perricone/Liz Earle/Elemis/Decleor/Gatineau that she loveloveloves and can't live without are not working) and this range has made all the difference to her skin. Also her skin is really really sensitive and this is a range she doesn't react to (pull the other one).

But, JF aside. I did notice something else. They were talking about the Beauty Bible again and how Jo Fairley raves about the Sarah Chapman Daily Moisturiser with SPF. There then followed a quote from her about how it was the moisturiser of choice on her bathroom shelf etc...

Right. Cut to yesterday afternoon on the L'Occitane hour. They were presenting the Immortelle Anti Aging Cream. Alexis proudly said it was Jo Fairley's favourite and one she used every day.

Next time there's a Liz Earle hour, like all previous LE hours they'll be trotting out the quote from Jo about how Superskin moisturiser is the greatest moisturiser ever created etc.

So. What or who do we believe? Answers on a postcard...:grin:

I often think the same and think we should start recording it possibly on this thread??
ie each time someone says this is their favourite moisturiser, cleanser etc then post it and we can look back and see how often they change their favourites or what they cant live without

I would love someone to ring in and really put JF on the spot about the fibs she tells. It would make brilliant viewing to see her try to worm her way out of a VERY awkward situation. I wish I had the guts to do it myself!

Since I posted, I've realised how daft my idea was because any T caller challenging her would immediately be cut off!

Oh, don't get me started again lol.

I think that Q should list all the ingredients up on their web page.

In fact, I'm feeling so bolshie tonight, I DEMAND it!

JF is on now wearing one of her hideous one shoulder tops. I have just switched off.

Now come on, JF is paid to sell it all. No way will she sit there and say,"Well actually I don't use this brand. I use XYZ." The other presenters are just as guilty.

Now the one we should be interested in is Jo Fairley(ex owner of Green and Black chocolate sold it for millions) and her statements and the various versions of the Beauty Bible. Bestie mate of Liz Earle going back years. Of course every updated copy of the Beauty Bibles that come out Liz Earle always wins(strange as in the very early days it was Clarins which seemed to win. Seems people spotted the products easily as the company sent them out to test in Clarins pots), knew the brand and loved it. Then Liz's company got bigger and suddenly she was the winner of at least one cat each version, even when the book was products below £10 and her's was above that!!!!!!! Suddenly best mate Liz was cleaning up. Each edition Jo was giving her raves and what she uses and it changed and changed and changed. But on QVC as has been pointed out she is now on selling the book and comes on shows for different brands and suddenly uses that one, oh wait no it the other one, oh no its this one(whichever show she happens to be on).

I have said before the I tried this and love it I look younger better whatever is no real scienific(sp) test of a product, its just personal choice of the person testing it that day.

i liked the beauty bible when it first came out. in fact it had a lot of good cheap brands suggested and consequently saved me a lot of money. now it seems like a lot of back rubbing going on.
one thing i noticed within ms chapmans spiel was she calls her salon clinics which i found a bit off. its like saying you are going to her salon to have a surgical procedure. i have tried all the decleor,elemis and clarins premium skincare and because of this i suppose i could have used a clinic to put my skin back on track.

As soon as anything becomes a commercially valuable asset it is subject to changes that are not always in the interests of a consumer. Sad but fact. If people want really unbiased reviews from ordinary people with no commercial interest in make up/skin care then makeupalley might be a much better avenue. Problem with all of skincare/make up is that is is special to you. Your skin can/is different every day. Most days it does not bother too much, other days you can tell as you break out. It also means your skin can react differently to something one day and not another, so giving reviews is situation specific to you.
For me sadly skin care/make up is very hit and miss, and daughter is sadly not into make up so I can not even pass it on.
But integrity and salesperson just do not mix and so I never pay any attention that what any of them say

Last edited:
Alpha H call their treatment rooms 'clinics' rather than spas. Michelle said salons are about pretty smells and indulgence; clinics are about results.

Alpha H call their treatment rooms 'clinics' rather than spas. Michelle said salons are about pretty smells and indulgence; clinics are about results.
i suppose alpha-h is more active with the glycolic added but i would have though clinic is pushing it a bit. my mum is going to a clinic to have her cataracts removed. i went to the clinic to have a body scan.. maybe its just me....

i suppose alpha-h is more active with the glycolic added but i would have though clinic is pushing it a bit. my mum is going to a clinic to have her cataracts removed. i went to the clinic to have a body scan.. maybe its just me....
but that is just it, make the connection between science and cosmetics/skin care and keep pushing it, despite very dubious scientific claims and sooner or later people will fall for it, especially if you use statistics

but that is just it, make the connection between science and cosmetics/skin care and keep pushing it, despite very dubious scientific claims and sooner or later people will fall for it, especially if you use statistics

i agree at least the forum thrashes things out and put it in context.

I was yelling at the TV last night when JF was trotting out all that verbal diarrhoea about Sarah Chapman etc '' thats what you say about Liz Earle you lying little !!!! ''

She is awful. I really don't know how QVC do not get hauled regulalry by trading standards over this. I too wish I had the courage to go through to the studio & show that lying little madam up once & for all. :devil:

And I agree about her tops. Its a highly unattractive look having all those bones on show. JF ruins beauty hours for me.

Latest posts

Back