Smaller sizes not catered for.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Just seen one of Anthony tops that i really liked. ooh i thought i will treat myself. But hang on DF says they come up true to size but if in doubt go down a size. So i waited to see the sizes. XS 39 inch.

Well that's Not, i repeat not an XS. Why do they keep doing this? I need a 34 Inch but no size available Grrrrrr

just watching now LEL and the models certainly don't look swamped? sleeveless tops have no gaping under the arms and i assume they're a 10?

just watching now LEL and the models certainly don't look swamped? sleeveless tops have no gaping under the arms and i assume they're a 10?

Thanks Janie , it was a cami with a top and was generous. No size below a 39 to go down too.
Its not just this range its most of them.

I find it impossible to buy any clothes to fit my petite frame. I'm a size 4, a 6 doesn't look too big on me, but anything more than that is so loose. People who are what is referred to as 'plus size' complain that they can't buy fashionable clothes in their size. That is not the case, the opposite is true. I can be sure something will fit if it is a girl's fit and, obviously, they are not adult fashions. QVC just does not cater for smaller ladies, but XXL have no problems whatsoever.

I find it impossible to buy any clothes to fit my petite frame. I'm a size 4, a 6 doesn't look too big on me, but anything more than that is so loose. People who are what is referred to as 'plus size' complain that they can't buy fashionable clothes in their size. That is not the case, the opposite is true. I can be sure something will fit if it is a girl's fit and, obviously, they are not adult fashions. QVC just does not cater for smaller ladies, but XXL have no problems whatsoever.

Absolutely spot on. They seem to think making sizes generous is a good thing. Just true to size will do.

I'm not holding my breath that we will get an xxs

Last edited:
They don't cater for people of height either. Really don't want to be wearing trousers that finish mid shin.

long time lurker decided to sign up and embrace my love of shopping TV

I sympathise but it's tough if you're over a size 20 on the high street. Your options are really limited. At an 18/20 I can shop pretty much anywhere other than the teen shops.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that QVC caters more for larger ladies than the high street but it should also cater more for petites. Perhaps that's the influence of the US centric fashion brands.

They don't cater for people of height either. Really don't want to be wearing trousers that finish mid shin.

long time lurker decided to sign up and embrace my love of shopping TV

Welcome Talk have fun here. I find the opposite problem with trousers all too long.

I sympathise tallk. At nearly 6 foot I can find it tricky to get trousers that don't look half mast. Wish qvc would introduce an extra long length.

Oh well, we're all different! Maybe I can have the bits you cut off the bottom of your trousers to sew on mine.

Sounds like a plan. capri pants probably look like shorts on you and full length trousers on me.

I've got long legs but I'm only 5' 6" at best. I really need a 31 inch leg so that's not too bad but boots are a blipping nightmare. My knees are a long way up. Boots are usually half ****** mast.

We're never happy are we :eek:)

i spose the fact is most people buying fashion from qvc are middle aged and most middle aged women are on the plumper side. they're not going to risk stocking stuff that won't sell, so they're going to cater for the majority. diane gilman does some long(er) lengths.

welcome to the forum tallk :hi:

I have only had one item from this range which was similar to DF's top.
I always check the chest size and order as appropriate size no matter what it is called.
It was tight and very clingy. Would not say it is a generous fit range.
In fact I find all sizes skimpy in every qvc range.
I would love decent trousers in a short length not those u.s matronly type.

:mysmilie_849:
I was so miffed yesterday that the Trespass OTO was available only in 3XL :angry:

i've noticed that quite often with OTOs. really annoying.

Bet they never said a word about that & yet the one time they had an OTO that was only available in the smaller sizes, Debbie Flint was virtually grovelling on the floor alopogising (repeatedly!) to her 'larger ladies' (her words!) & saying (repeatedly!) how terribly sorry she was that there was nothing available for them!
Err, hello, so I don't count then? In QVC's eyes, basically no, not at all, sure showed where they think their target audience lies size wise; normally I couldn't really give a stuff about feeling 'undervalued' by a poxy shopping channel as they don't actually give a flying whatsit about any of us really but on that occasion, I have to admit to feeling more than a little miffed tbh!

Charmed I'm sure QVC! :mysmilie_849:

Latest posts

Back