so funny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I buy bird food at the pound shop or wilkos, it’s cheap as chips and the birds seem to enjoy it and I enjoy watching them. I wouldn’t buy anything that has that mans name on it as I can’t stand him.

I buy bird food at the pound shop or wilkos, it’s cheap as chips and the birds seem to enjoy it and I enjoy watching them. I wouldn’t buy anything that has that mans name on it as I can’t stand him.

LOL, you sound just like Mr CC who does a massive rant every time RJ is on the telly. I must be the only person apart from his wife who likes RJ.

CC

Let's be honest, Jackson loves himself so much that it's amazing he doesn't claim there is a little bit of him in each sack to make it the ultimate food.

Magical, I love this song.

Me too. Fab.

I want a shaker like that, but not from China.

Let's be honest, Jackson loves himself so much that it's amazing he doesn't claim there is a little bit of him in each sack to make it the ultimate food.

Errrr RJ's wrinkly old sack. Straight from his sack to yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilkos do the best sunflower hearts! All whole nearly white and plump looking. why I like sunflower Hearts is you really do get a wide range of birds with this one seed. All the tits love them,Robins , gold finches love them to and even a parrot comes to have a huge long lasting feast if I use just plain sunflower hearts not the mixes though. I get mainly sparrows which I love as they are cheeky chappies

Wilkos do the best sunflower hearts! All whole nearly white and plump looking. why I like sunflower Hearts is you really do get a wide range of birds with this one seed. All the tits love them,Robins , gold finches love them to and even a parrot comes to have a huge long lasting feast if I use just plain sunflower hearts not the mixes though. I get mainly sparrows which I love as they are cheeky chappies

I love them too. We've got a privet hedge in the back garden, quite incredible to think it was planted when the house was built in 1936, & it's home to a number of dunnocks, I know they're not real sparrows but very similar. Last year our cat brought in one of their babies, it wasn't hurt, he got bored & left it in the hall. It kept tweeting, I thought it was the smoke alarm battery playing up until I saw it among the parcels (QVC) I'd taken in for next door! Cat got shut away, bird was put in a opened box on the lawn & I watched from the kitchen window. Bird started to tweet, privet hedge showed movement & an adult bird appeared, baby ran like Roadrunner into the hedge & they were reunited. After a couple of minutes the adult appeared, sat on the bird table & sang, I think it was a thank you. Long story & I now know that I'm officially old because I just love watching them.

Just proves that his old sack wasn’t good enough (oh gawd perish the thought :RpS_blushing:). Change the item number and voila! all the bad reviews magically disappear. :RpS_biggrin:

I love them too. We've got a privet hedge in the back garden, quite incredible to think it was planted when the house was built in 1936, & it's home to a number of dunnocks, I know they're not real sparrows but very similar. Last year our cat brought in one of their babies, it wasn't hurt, he got bored & left it in the hall. It kept tweeting, I thought it was the smoke alarm battery playing up until I saw it among the parcels (QVC) I'd taken in for next door! Cat got shut away, bird was put in a opened box on the lawn & I watched from the kitchen window. Bird started to tweet, privet hedge showed movement & an adult bird appeared, baby ran like Roadrunner into the hedge & they were reunited. After a couple of minutes the adult appeared, sat on the bird table & sang, I think it was a thank you. Long story & I now know that I'm officially old because I just love watching them.

I love our animal friends I have a lot of respect for them all...in fact if they were running the world they would do a far better job than the leeches we have

Richard does a great job in my garden. I cut out a big picture of his face and hung it in the tree - it scares all the pigeons away :RpS_thumbsup:

CC

Richard does a great job in my garden. I cut out a big picture of his face and hung it in the tree - it scares all the pigeons away :RpS_thumbsup:

CC

Also works wonders if you put his smarmy grid above the fireplace, keeps the kids away.

Perish THAT thought indeed...

*shudders*. :RpS_biggrin:

If anyone’s still interested in those peanut butter bird feeders and missed out on paying twice as much on QVCs TSV day (three times the price now) https://www.qvcuk.com/Nut-Pecker-Bi...-Butter-Bird-Food.product.519515.html?sc=SRCH count yourself lucky. :RpS_biggrin: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/pea...b5%7d%2fstock_iw@gt;1%2fisiscraftgroup_iw%3d0

I know it’s only one holder but for not much more than QVCs price you can buy four (one postage of £3.99) and end up with 16 peanut butter tubs.

We had to stop feeding the birds, because of the mess, and the NOISE!

We have three cotoneasters in the back garden, which berry well every winter, and the birds just love them. So we're doing our bit for the birds that overwinter here.

The occasional robin shows up, but mainly it's blackbirds and wood pigeons. The cats have a good view from the kitchen window, but that's as close as they get!

Bit of a tangent but this is to show the power & benefits of caring for nature.

My brother is a 6foot 2in 16 stone retired firefighter. Age 56 he’s renting his own home after a shocking divorce. I was so worried about his mental state, I started tidying his garden for him and he joined in with the “men’s jobs”. My next step was to buy him one of these bird feeding stations with various hooks and baskets. Well, at least once a week he gives me an update about the birds, what they like best (dried meal worms), a pesky squirrel, a hedgehog. He had some ducks on his front lawn once, and the icing on the cake was a baby deer trotting up his drive. (We live in a town but surrounded by farm land and lots of streams).

Feeding the birds has really helped him.

He buys cheap food because they eat such a lot !

Ahh how lovely to hear.

Sorry for all of your brother’s troubles and unluckiness and well done for looking out for his mental health, something many people (especially men?) are so good at hiding...

But how wonderful that he’s enjoying feeding and watching the birds/wildlife :)

I can certainly relate. I’m ill and housebound but get much pleasure from the birds in my garden... We feed mealworms (to hedgehog too!) and sunflower seed hearts bought in bulk and we’re very popular! ;)

Ps. Get your bro to do the RSPB big bird watch event?

Bit of a tangent but this is to show the power & benefits of caring for nature.

My brother is a 6foot 2in 16 stone retired firefighter. Age 56 he’s renting his own home after a shocking divorce. I was so worried about his mental state, I started tidying his garden for him and he joined in with the “men’s jobs”. My next step was to buy him one of these bird feeding stations with various hooks and baskets. Well, at least once a week he gives me an update about the birds, what they like best (dried meal worms), a pesky squirrel, a hedgehog. He had some ducks on his front lawn once, and the icing on the cake was a baby deer trotting up his drive. (We live in a town but surrounded by farm land and lots of streams).

Feeding the birds has really helped him.

He buys cheap food because they eat such a lot !

Lovely post. I can relate. You sound like a very caring & thoughtful sister.

I wonder if there's a wildlife sanctuary he could volunteer at? Ours needs people for 'care assistants' which does involve cage cleaning (before animals are released) but I think there are 'men' jobs too. Another one is volunteering to collect the wildlife in need (birds/foxes/hogs etc) in the car & transport to the centre. Worth a look?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back