So Has Everyone Gone Home?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Carla’s mum died last week so she won’t be on with fashion for a while. She posted a nice bit of video on Instagram.
That's very sad, she lived with her mum & adored her. Some months ago she posted a video saying how other members of the family didn't help with caring for her & I know that Carla did all her mum's dialysis sessions on her own. When a carer loses someone they have a double loss, even if it's been an arduous task, so she must feel completely devastated in every way.

Poor Carla awful losing your mum
She said was that she felt that she'd already started grieving as there had been several times she expected to lose her mum. I understand exactly what she meant & when I said much the same thing a nurse told me that was precipitation grieving; I felt that when my mum died I got her back because her illness had taken away everything that was her & knowing that she was no longer suffering was all I cared about.

It was such sad news for Carla, but she’s a real professional and so went to work to do her job without referring to losing her mum.

The other presenters could take a leaf out of her book and do a professional job as well instead of regaling us with every finite detail of what they or the grandchildren etc have been doing. If I watch a programme I want to hear the details of the product, NOT the fact that the presenter had a lovely holiday or saw their family etc.

My sincere condolences to Carla.

Latest posts

Back