So what bling are we wearing today?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Party or Parlez?

I had to attend a departmental "bonding" session today (yippee!) so my jewellery matched my mood.

Black earrings, black leather and stainless steel bracelet, 2 stainless band rings and a black watch.

Wow! Some departmental sessions you attend.........the mind just boggles! :blush:

I had a right to do with the wires in my bra years ago at the airport at Istanbul. They put me in a room to wait and there next to me was a bloke having his suitcase searched and they found a gun!

When the woman came in, I offered to take my bra off to end the matter. She laughed and said it was fine and they just let me go. Phew!!

I do change my right hand bling most days. But I can understand why some choose not to. Today I am wearing a grey moonstone ring (QVC), a Lola Rose Montana bracelet and a silver bead bracelet. And a Lola Rose Montana necklace but I am wearing a yellow top and grey leggings and boots today. But if a casual day for me today. I normally wear a dress to work.

Fortunately for my wallet I do love semi precious stones.

Thanks for joining in. And for sharing photos.

Not sure meself tbh Tinks lol. I just tend to think of a tennis bracelet having a line of round stones like GC's fab diamond bracelet but line bracelets having any other type of stone or cut but I s'pose they are all line bracelets really. Oh feck I've confused meself now. :mysmilie_61:

That would have been my guess if I'd been pushed to give one. :eek:)

No never, have you??

Yes - once at Marco Polo airport. It was in the summer and I didn't have a coat, wasn't wearing a belt or anything obvious that would keep setting off the alarm so I was asked to remove my jewellery. I said I would rather not take off my wedding and engagement rings initially and, fortunately, that worked - I didn't bother to find out exactly what was causing the problem but it was either gold earrings or a yellow gold and sapphire ring!

How strange. I've flown many times and always worn my jewellery wth no problem and have never seen anyone take their jewellery off before walking through the scan thingy. A set of keys in my parner's pocket once set the alarm off though.

Today im in a diamond mood so wearing my black diamond solitaire and wedding band, my baguette cut hoop diamond earrings and my diamond daisy pendant which i brought from an inheritance i was given and never really take it off... al the bling i have brought in precious gemstones seem so bulky now in comparrison, will have to find a new home for them.

Love the sound of the daisy pendant. The only jewellery I have a full set of is a daisy design. They're not a proper matching set but they "go". I have earrings, a bracelet, rings, a pendant and a necklace and I wear them a lot in the summer. All are two colour but some pieces are silver and some white gold with either yellow or rose gold "middles". Couldn't think of a better word. What is the middle of a daisy called?!

Apart from usual wedding/engagement ring/watch combo I have white gold coffee bean earings, pandora bracelet, eternal eek bracelet in silver tone, and a bracelet my hubby bought me which is reversible - 14 ct yellow gold on one side and white gold on the other. It's a strange design- not herringbone but a solid /semi-rigid feel. Not seen one similar since!

Not strictly "bling" but its a casual day in the office today and I'm meeting my other half for lunch. He works away A LOT so we're making the most of him being here and the winter sunshine.

So I am wearing a white/grey/blue top with navy leggings and grey boots and blue sandstone jewellery. The oval ring on my left hand was from LaQ in clearance. It's a chubby oval, almost round. Cabuchon set into silver. It's gorgeous in the sunshine. Two silver bead bracelets and a blue sandstone small bead Lola Rose bracelet. Silver hoop earrings and so as not to be too matchy matchy a rose gold strawberry pendant himself bought me for Christmas. It has crystal pips!

Thanks Tinks :wave:

No bling today as am in the house watching Charlie and Lola (not my choice, I far prefer Portland Bill from my youth :giggle:) but I did wear my Honora white coin pearl ring the other day, the only Honora Ring I have:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Honora-14-15mm...c=602102-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-602102

QVC have done their usual thing of sticking the price up before putting it in clearance, so even though I paid full price it works out around the same as today! It's a really good quality pearl actually. The only other Honora I have is a long 150cm strand of black pearls which I never wear, keep thinking I should stick them on Ebay but I suspect one day they'll come into their own. I bought them once full price, sent them back as didn't think they were worth the money, then bought them again when they went half price in Last Clicks! :up:

You REALLY would not want to see me right now. Slummy mummy, need shower and to do my face and hair! Only bling is my wedding and engagement ring so far. It's big barn farm on cbeebies at the mo. what a glam life I lead.

My son is 22 and left home about 18 months ago.

Very casual here today. Jeans and a Yong Kim style black top but I have been out so there is bling. Strawberry pendant. Two rose gold bead bracelets and one silver one. Daisy stacking rings on my right hand ... full circle of daisies, a single daisy and a charm ring with a small pearl and a daisy charm.

Pretty much caught up now so other than cooking dinner it's a relaxing weekend afternoon ahead. Will probably chop veg now and listen to the afternoon play. Racy or what ?!

Only wearing a pair of stainless steel huggies that i only take out to clean when i wash my hair - bought on Amazon by designer Katy Craig. Weather has been grotty all day so haven't set foot out of the house. Still not dressed but I am still post op and Sunday is a day to slum it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back