Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah Ha!!! The credit check rant reply in full.

yes called me up to say that they cannot do me a 165 easy pay as i had missed one payment which when i noticed i called them up n paid the balance off, money was in my account not sure why it wasnt allowed. So qvc said that due to this one late payment they did a CREDIT CHECK n noticed i had a ccj so i was imformed i wasnt allowed anymore easy pays, even though i am up to date n owe nothing.
It was also the bad attitude of CC Paul who then hung up on me.
They do credit checks without prior knowledge or agreement.
It maybe in small print somewhere but its certainly not how the presenters advertise their policies.

So she missed payments to QVC as well as a CCJ. No wonder they have refused her easy pay.

As for the Sheer Delight woman a number of posts saying a load of rubbish and it is a promotion of some sort.

Indeed....or a(nother piss take?)

QVC have always done credit checks no matter how many times people or presenters say otherwise, that’s for both 4 and 6 easy pay. They’re not going to let a first time buyer buy an £800 TV for instance on four £200 easy pays without checking them out, saying that if it was £40 they’d check you out. plus, I was told by a Customer Service woman a long time ago that yes they do do credit checks, let’s face it people, this is QVC we’re talking about who are that tight, they squeak.

Whilst I wasn’t watching my Echo Spot I could hear the Radley hour just and Alex clearly said at least twice, we don’t do credit checks.

Credit checks weren't required until the Q introduced the option of 6 easy pay installments. Knuckles Kramer should have made that clear.

Whilst I wasn’t watching my Echo Spot I could hear the Radley hour just and Alex clearly said at least twice, we don’t do credit checks.

In the beginning for the first few years you’d hear Chuntley brag about not doing credit checks every five minutes not long after she started, you haven’t heard her say it for a long, long time now, and that’s because QVC have done credit checks for a long, long time.

In the beginning for the first few years you’d hear Chuntley brag about not doing credit checks every five minutes not long after she started, you haven’t heard her say it for a long, long time now, and that’s because QVC have done credit checks for a long, long time.

Given my suspicion that all is not well at Q towers, they would need to be sure not to pick up many bad debts with customers of course they do credit checks...

Their presenters shouldn’t be allowed to reassure watchers that a purchase on easy pay would not effect a mortgage application that credit checks aren’t performed.

I’ve noticed the morning “show” has gone down to one presenter, the hour seems like a fire sale now, selling off the last of the tat. It makes laugh when the presenters call their hour a “show” it’ll never be up for a BAFTA and I don’t walk round Asda browsing and shopping for an hour, get to the till and tell the shop assistant “I really enjoyed that show”. :mysmilie_17:

I thought they did not introduce 6 easy pays because that requires a credit check, so when they did offer this does it automatically bring this into force ? I have never heard it mentioned on air? I applied for a store card some time ago but did not get a temporary card right away as they had to do more checks on me.I was right miffed but thought it was because I didn’t exist.I had no mortgage, no loans,no debts at all, bank credit card paid off by DD each month etc.That is what I like to think anyway.

SF QVC have always done credit checks, but the 6 easy pay triggers off a more thorough, in depth credit check, the whole shebang if you will. :mysmilie_3:

What does it say T? Thanks in advance xx. :mysmilie_3:

To sum it up when is a credit check not called a credit check? When it's a routine check on a card transaction that is conducted by a licensed credit agency 'from time to time'.

To sum it up when is a credit check not called a credit check? When it's a routine check on a card transaction that is conducted by a licensed credit agency 'from time to time'.

Aw thanks T, so basically when is a credit check a credit check? When QVC do a credit check that’s not a credit check. :mysmilie_17:

What does it say T? Thanks in advance xx. :mysmilie_3:

@qvcuk I won't be ordering from you again. After placing an order for £319 you called me and grilled me on my credit rating, electoral roll etc etc.....I wasn't applying for credit so why run a credit check on me? Such a rude call I received.

Reply Retweet Favorite

14 Sep
qvcuk @qvcuk

Hi , while we do not run credit checks, card transactions are subject to routine searches from time to time. QVC undertakes these searches in association with licensed credit agencies to detect and prevent fraud. Checks are made to keep our customers and their money safe. Leah x

Aw thanks T, so basically when is a credit check a credit check? When QVC do a credit check that’s not a credit check. :mysmilie_17:

QVC can split hairs here - because they contract it out to an agency. So strictly speaking it's true that QVC themselves do not carry out credit checks then! More weaselly words, like their "exclusive" products... we always need to read the small print with QVC it seems. whatever the topic.

Latest posts

Back