Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone asked for help because her Cooks Essential soup maker was producing cold soup. Advice was given then she replied saying she thought it was because the water she used to dissolve the stock cube wasn't hot enough. You couldn't make it up :mysmilie_46: :thinking: :mysmilie_487:

So today/last night

Woman ordered something yesterday but it has not shipped yet, she posted 13 hours ago. Ah, Bless must be a new customer.

A woman starts by telling all how she has ordered loads from QVC and very few returns. Then starts saying the models with long hair should push their hair out of the way as she cannot see the front of tops.

Oh, and £1.95 shipping on all beauty items seems QVC have actually increased the prices on the products to make allowance for only charging the lower shipping price. So it might look oh how lovely are QVC but no they just increase the product price.

And once again the ongoing where is Laura Geller BnB? They heard it was October from LG Facebook page but QVC have never confirmed just the hope to get stock shortly.

Oh, and a woman is very excited as in Boots she spotted a photo of Rose from IT Cosmetics. I admit I have seen photos of loads of famous people over the years can't say I was excited about it.:dull:

The following post started a debate that made one of the Stans to go into overdrive, it's badly written so maybe she's drunk on her love for the Q :drunk:
'I was a little sad to see some customer comments a recent upcoming a little disrespectful. I love the shows regardless of who is on. I find them a delight and actually a little diamond to watch. Bless you all 🥰'

The following post started a debate that made one of the Stans to go into overdrive, it's badly written so maybe she's drunk on her love for the Q :drunk:
'I was a little sad to see some customer comments a recent upcoming a little disrespectful. I love the shows regardless of who is on. I find them a delight and actually a little diamond to watch. Bless you all ��'

I wonder if Stan goes around her local supermarket saying the exact same thing. Yes T, got to be drunk. :mysmilie_15:

'I was a little sad to see some customer comments a recent upcoming a little disrespectful. I love the shows regardless of who is on. I find them a delight and actually a little diamond to watch. Bless you all ��'

Yes,drunk!Are their thousands of followers all like this?!

Ah, we miss the old live telephone callers from back in the day. We had some doozies, the I love you and never a show, can I have a signed photo?

The woman so excited to order and phone up she tripped over her oxygen tank.

The ones who just rambled on and on and on. Some of them seemed drunk. Now they can only do this all on the QVC Facebook.

Someone has complained about a suggestion that a miniature Christmas tree could be used as a decoration in a car & pointed out that this is illegal. It was Michael Perry who said he'd have one for his car & Biagi, not to be eclipsed, talked about lorry drivers on the M1. A couple of weeks ago Ms Tayler said that a metre long lights set would be perfect for a child's bedroom, bike or baby teepee & now this. Are they all morons?

Someone has complained about a suggestion that a miniature Christmas tree could be used as a decoration in a car & pointed out that this is illegal. It was Michael Perry who said he'd have one for his car & Biagi, not to be eclipsed, talked about lorry drivers on the M1. A couple of weeks ago Ms Tayler said that a metre long lights set would be perfect for a child's bedroom, bike or baby teepee & now this. Are they all morons?

Not far off but what is wrong with management who can’t see the sorrowful standard of “presenters”? Their only interest is in profits but surely profits would increase with a more professional delivery from the channel. We can’t be the only people turning off. It’s no longer shopping telly really. It’s mostly a collection of talentless people, with ridiculously inflated egos who have convinced themselves (and a few viewers) that they are celebrities presenting shows about themselves. Now that doesn’t suggest that they possess real intelligence or judgement.

Not far off but what is wrong with management who can’t see the sorrowful standard of “presenters”? Their only interest is in profits but surely profits would increase with a more professional delivery from the channel. We can’t be the only people turning off. It’s no longer shopping telly really. It’s mostly a collection of talentless people, with ridiculously inflated egos who have convinced themselves (and a few viewers) that they are celebrities presenting shows about themselves. Now that doesn’t suggest that they possess real intelligence or judgement.

Brilliant! Your words should be seen by those in QVC Towers & if they had intelligence & judgement they would do something immediately. Unfortunately I think they are as bad as the sales staff.

Spot on Evie, QVC presenters are so far up their own arse they can check their own vaneers but yes you’re right, who do these narcissistic shop assistants answer to? It’s up there with one of life’s mysteries like, is there a Lochness Monster? who was Jack the Ripper? does Father Christmas really exist? and is Chuntley really a Vegan?

Oh my word, The Price! of those potted white sprayed really insignificant conifers - who the heck is buying them!
https://www.qvcuk.com/Hayloft-Plant...-with-Snow&Lights.product.518152.html?sc=IROA

I’m sure you can purchase far, far nicer ones from many supermarkets closer to Christmas for well under a tenner.

Spot on Evie, QVC presenters are so far up their own arse they can check their own vaneers but yes you’re right, who do these narcissistic shop assistants answer to?

As a shop assistant I rather resent the QVC presenters being mentioned in the same sentence as us.

I my store we have several thousand lines, I am expected to know the entire stock file, and am trained to advise on books and toys for all age groups adult and children, advise on all the art and craft products and am expected to be able to demonstrate every product we sell.

I have to be able to merchandise to a high standard and do in store and window displays.

I have to know the new data protection rules, the consumer laws, the age restrictions on purchasing, and numerous retailing laws.

And of course we have to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner at all times.

Did you know that as many as 230 retail workers are being assaulted EVERY DAY? :mysmilie_10:

QVC presenters are not fit to lick the shoes of retail staff who work freaking hard for a fraction of the money those jumped up tat peddlers make.

Sorry rant over :mysmilie_11:

On the other day was a lady called Barbara, she was on with Jill selling the Churchill biscuits, cause it was the daughter of Churchills, daughters birthday.

Standing in for her was this Barbara, it was said she used to look after the presenters and that she trained Jill years ago.
I do recall ages ago the presenters referencing their presenter manager at the time, Barbara.
Also there was a Mr Slater ?actually did he replace Barbara? I’m unsure, but I remember him finishing as their manager and pictures of his leaving party.

What ever has happened since they both left, certainly stuff hasn’t improved.

Spot on Evie, QVC presenters are so far up their own arse they can check their own vaneers but yes you’re right, who do these narcissistic shop assistants answer to?

As a shop assistant I rather resent the QVC presenters being mentioned in the same sentence as us.

I my store we have several thousand lines, I am expected to know the entire stock file, and am trained to advise on books and toys for all age groups adult and children, advise on all the art and craft products and am expected to be able to demonstrate every product we sell.

I have to be able to merchandise to a high standard and do in store and window displays.

I have to know the new data protection rules, the consumer laws, the age restrictions on purchasing, and numerous retailing laws.

And of course we have to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner at all times.

Did you know that as many as 230 retail workers are being assaulted EVERY DAY? :mysmilie_10:

QVC presenters are not fit to lick the shoes of retail staff who work freaking hard for a fraction of the money those jumped up tat peddlers make.

Apologies SusieSue, I'm the person who started to call the presenters sales staff & assistants because they work in retail, albeit selly telly, & their job is to sell. From now on I'll use your fab expression 'jumped up tat peddlers'.

I’m sorry SusieSue but that’s exactly what they are, “sales assistants” they try to assist in selling. There are lots of other names they could be called of course, but however, none printable. There are nice polite sales assistants, there are not so nice “store assistants” then there are QVC “sales assistants” they like to class themselves as celebrities (-Z listers) but at the end of the day their job title is “sales assistant”

I agree with you, talking for three hours a day, three times a week is hardly worth a title, and I certainly wouldn’t call it work.

Inevitably, the answer to your question has to be "yes"! They suffer from verbal diarrhoea, and in too many cases they seem to be paid to spew out words rather than make any sense to a rational-minded viewer.

Far too often what is said on air makes the presenters and guests alike look like they don't engage their brains at all when they open their mouths. Clearly the fault for this can be laid at QVC's door, as if they had a problem with this approach, they would have put a stop to it by now (26 years later).

Latest posts

Back