Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After the appalling scenes of supermarket shelves being cleared of even the most basic items & reading that people have been seen taking donated food from food bank donation boxes I hope that his disgusting & wasteful habit of throwing food will no longer tolerated. In addition I suggest that the person making this ridiculous suggestion uses the the next three weeks to study basic grammar techniques, what an idiot.
'We want a show with Andy peters this week... he will cheer everyone up and show us things we actually want to buy self isolating.....start the campaign ...bring Andy back now.... Mandy and Esther'

I really hope that you post on Fb about these eejits simpleton 'request'. Even though I'm not on fb I'd love to know what followed. Why post stuff for all to see when it's poorly penned? Have they no shame? I'm often embarrassed when I typo/other on here, especially when I cannot edit now. I worry that people will think I'm a fool or careless & that the validity of any point will be minimised.

Quite a few posts asking after BoJo's announcement are the warehouse staff still working and also about the live presentations they are not essential workers? Which is true.

Others saying about returns sent out to customers they will no be ordering from QVC.

I received an email about the QVC Lounge being opened for posting full time to chat about their worries etc. No thank you depressed enough

I really hope that you post on Fb about these eejits simpleton 'request'. Even though I'm not on fb I'd love to know what followed. Why post stuff for all to see when it's poorly penned? Have they no shame? I'm often embarrassed when I typo/other on here, especially when I cannot edit now. I worry that people will think I'm a fool or careless & that the validity of any point will be minimised.
Although this is a newish iPad since the new forum the auto correct/predictive text has been dreadful (where the heck do the so called corrections come from) so some of my posts churned out in haste have turned out with real whoppers of mistakes. I have managed to sort some but not all so forgive me if they are some shockers.

Quite a few posts asking after BoJo's announcement are the warehouse staff still working and also about the live presentations they are not essential workers? Which is true.

Others saying about returns sent out to customers they will no be ordering from QVC.

I received an email about the QVC Lounge being opened for posting full time to chat about their worries etc. No thank you depressed enough
Yes asking about staff safety on one hand and “when is xyz coming as a TSV“ on the other - total bin lids.

I'm not on fb either but look at the Stans chattering away on the Q's page for a laugh. This comment met with positives & negatives! As for the typo bit don't be embarrassed WE ALL DO IT so nobody will think badly of you & there is an edit button. I was judgemental about her because if you're a fan of someone the least you can do is get their name right. Finally, an ellipsis is three dots, without spaces, unless it's for a pause when the space is after not before. Blimey judgemental & back in front of a class. My Mr T wondered if retired teachers would be brought back to work in the same way medical people have & that really frightened me 😱

As I didn’t fully understand the post regarding the Getch ventilator I had a google and think it’s brilliant that Getch are trying to make ventilators.

i already own one of their vacs but they will now become one of my go to brands just because of their effort to help even if it doesn’t come to fruition. Sorry can’t do links.

As I didn’t fully understand the post regarding the Getch ventilator I had a google and think it’s brilliant that Getch are trying to make ventilators.

i already own one of their vacs but they will now become one of my go to brands just because of their effort to help even if it doesn’t come to fruition. Sorry can’t do links.

I am both amazed & sadly accepting of how stupid people are. It unnerves me somewhat. We can protect ourselves from all sorts to a degree, but how so, from so many dumb fucktards, congregating en masse & then wafting badness like ugly yellow smoke.
I'm sweary due to huge despondency about human nature. What the f*** happened? Actually, I can answer that but not now.

Well my neighbours are still having friends round today. They are a family of 4 and there was at least 8 people in their garden earlier including children. No keeping a distance, kids playing football. They think it's a holiday. I am very angry. I guess you can't fix stupid.

Well my neighbours are still having friends round today. They are a family of 4 and there was at least 8 people in their garden earlier including children. No keeping a distance, kids playing football. They think it's a holiday. I am very angry. I guess you can't fix stupid.

That level of stupidity infuriates me, especially in light of the very real and horrifying example of what has happened in Italy and other countries due to idiots blithely ignoring warnings and in turn, official requests to stay put. We are 3 weeks behind Italy and if people don't stop this nonsense then we will follow their very steep curve up towards many more infections and fatalities!

Positives are few & far between but I have one. Our daughter's friend is an A&E nurse with high dependency experience so she's been moved. It's a busy hospital in the West Midlands & she said they've been tested but it's bearable. The numbers are increasing but most are coming through the virus without massive intervention; unfortunately us layfolk see an oxygen canula & think life support, it's not, & she blames the media for too much sensationalism. She said that this is why she became a nurse, to help those in genuine need, a totally non-judgementl girl she said the only time she got exasperated was last weekend & this story is so wrong. A man was admitted, he was poorly but not critical, his family arrived with a McDonalds banquet & tried to get in to see him, apparently he had told them to bring him food as he was being taken into hospital. They weren't allowed on the ward, he got really nasty which meant doctors & security were called. One doctor recognised him & was brutally honest, told him that he'd been told to change his eating habits, given support & advice that had obviouly been a waste of time & energy. She said to ignore the media reports & any stories from anonymous medics, their HA has told them not to do this, & to understand that the majority of people who have got the virus, whether they're in hospital or at home, recover.

People are still thanking QVC on FB, for being there for them. When will they realise that the company is there to make money, rather than being there unselfishly for everyone like the doctors and nurses are. They also need to realise that there are other channels to watch on TV and also other places from which to buy goods.

Other posters are asking why QVC are putting their presenters ”at risk” by getting them to present shows. Again, they are not as much at risk as the NHS workers are.

Although I don’t watch QVC much any more, it will be interesting to see if they continue to present “live,” use pre-recorded shows or temporarily go off air with instructions for people to look on the website.

People are still thanking QVC on FB, for being there for them. When will they realise that the company is there to make money, rather than being there unselfishly for everyone like the doctors and nurses are. They also need to realise that there are other channels to watch on TV and also other places from which to buy goods.

Other posters are asking why QVC are putting their presenters ”at risk” by getting them to present shows. Again, they are not as much at risk as the NHS workers are.

Although I don’t watch QVC much any more, it will be interesting to see if they continue to present “live,” use pre-recorded shows or temporarily go off air with instructions for people to look on the website.
Online purchases only like so many other companies.

I'm not on fb either but look at the Stans chattering away on the Q's page for a laugh. This comment met with positives & negatives! As for the typo bit don't be embarrassed WE ALL DO IT so nobody will think badly of you & there is an edit button. I was judgemental about her because if you're a fan of someone the least you can do is get their name right. Finally, an ellipsis is three dots, without spaces, unless it's for a pause when the space is after not before. Blimey judgemental & back in front of a class. My Mr T wondered if retired teachers would be brought back to work in the same way medical people have & that really frightened me 😱
Eats shoots and leaves.

Wish we could phone the police to report this fucktardism. Emergency line has been busy today however, due to same phoning to ask about/clarify the rules!!!!!!! WTAF?

Could you post an anon. note to them? They deserve it. Use RM if you're afraid of being seen.

Wish we could phone the police to report this fucktardism. Emergency line has been busy today however, due to same phoning to ask about/clarify the rules!!!!!!! WTAF?

Could you post an anon. note to them? They deserve it. Use RM if you're afraid of being seen.

I am thinking about it to be honest. I am hoping things will be put in place quickly to report cases like this.

Positives are few & far between but I have one. Our daughter's friend is an A&E nurse with high dependency experience so she's been moved. It's a busy hospital in the West Midlands & she said they've been tested but it's bearable. The numbers are increasing but most are coming through the virus without massive intervention; unfortunately us layfolk see an oxygen canula & think life support, it's not, & she blames the media for too much sensationalism. She said that this is why she became a nurse, to help those in genuine need, a totally non-judgementl girl she said the only time she got exasperated was last weekend & this story is so wrong. A man was admitted, he was poorly but not critical, his family arrived with a McDonalds banquet & tried to get in to see him, apparently he had told them to bring him food as he was being taken into hospital. They weren't allowed on the ward, he got really nasty which meant doctors & security were called. One doctor recognised him & was brutally honest, told him that he'd been told to change his eating habits, given support & advice that had obviouly been a waste of time & energy. She said to ignore the media reports & any stories from anonymous medics, their HA has told them not to do this, & to understand that the majority of people who have got the virus, whether they're in hospital or at home, recover.

This is just the sort of thing we need, Twilight. Not just as a salve but to get some balance. There must be lots of such stories but they don’t make such “good” headlines for the tabloids and it’s a massive shame. Yes, we need people to be alerted to the dangers and to wake up and stop being so reckless with their and others’ health, so it’s no use pretending nothing has changed, but we also need to stop the constant negativity which gives people no hope and causes genuine despair, to the point their health is affected in other ways.

As for your friend’s lovely daughter’s story of the man and his family at the hospital, this is typical of the sort of people who think only of themselves. I can well imagine his phone call on heading for the hospital, with the message, basically, “Let’s gather together, everyone, and have a party. Bring food!” I bet they would have all been there, filming bedside scenes and posting on social media too. Such fun to be had!!

Latest posts

Back