Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A number of posts about the half-price P&P on a second item. Wanting to know why they were charged full price? When it was explained by other posters how it works they thought it was useless and who orders the exact same size/colour products.

Pat is back and telling them to just stop selling plants.
Pat is right QVc gardening is hysterical. The prices for cheap looking plant pots you could pick up for a couple of quid from Poundland and the teeny cuttings sold as large plants are a joke

Pat is right QVc gardening is hysterical. The prices for cheap looking plant pots you could pick up for a couple of quid from Poundland and the teeny cuttings sold as large plants are a joke

Agreed. Especially by this time, end of June. Plants already planted in my pots and baskets are almost full grown by now and either in bloom or bearing lots of plump buds. Very difficult to envisage these seedlings or barely-rooted cuttings growing enough to put on a decent display this summer.

I’m disgusted by them and will never ever buy anything garden-related from then again.

My Suttons orange cosmos are very disappointing compared to Richard Jackson's cosmos. The orange ones are flowering but they are only a few inches tall, they should be about 2 foot tall. Pathetic really. I need to stop getting sucked in on plants. On the other hand, a pretty expensive peony that I bought last year from Plants2Gardens (a yellow one) has today flowered and is beautiful. I was so joyous and said to Mr CC "look, look, it's flowered at last". Him, "what am I looking at?" Clearly nothing that interests you dear, pass the gin.

CC

I was in B&q today and their begonias where massive whereas my Q ones haven't put on any growth, and thats the ones which haven’t died, I was furious but TBH the B&Q ones would have broken if you had attempted to pot them up. BLizzys received in May have hardly grown but my cosmos are all doing well apart from one which died. However to get them to this I had to plant them deep and reduce them by a third (sort of wish I had cut them more).

It has all been so long I’ve forgotten what colour the cosmos is supposed to be. Just checked they are pink!

i have started to buy seed for next year as I’m not going to be at the mercy of sharks next year.

I agree LATI and I've surprised myself with what I've grown from seed this year so I'll save a packet on plug plants that are either crap or crappish and then die.

CC

We have a lot of manholes where boarders would be so nearly everything* is in pots. However I did section off a very very small area and made a raised veg bed planted lettuce and radish seeds as these were all I could get (we’ve never ate radish!!!) . Well I harvested my first radish yesterday and we were like new parents. However the lettuce are pathetic so I’ll have to rethink those (slugs I think). I sowed beetroot in a pot so that’s going to be interesting.
House arrest hasn’t been all bad helped by the glorious weather but it has been very changeable here most of June, mostly wet and windy with yesterday very warm which isn’t that wonderful for pots.

LATI for lettuce get "Salad Bowl", I think Mr Fothergills do it. It's not real lettuces but it's leaves and they come in red or green or mixed. We've been eating them for weeks and they grow like weeds. Sow them every 3 weeks or so and you'll be set for summer. Far better than waiting ages for big lettuce. My radish are being stubborn lol and yet usually there's too many. Last year I grew tons of beetroot, picked them at golf ball size, baked them then pickled them. Delicious and free!

It was the cut and come again I wanted but there was only 1 packet of any sort left!

Funny I hated beetroot as a child and never ate it until about 2 years ago now I can’t get enough but I take the cowards way out and buy the chili ones from Marks, with Feta and loads of salt, lovely jubbley.
This is my year of experimenting so will be more confident next year.

i wonder how those who bought the terrible TSV pinks have got on?

I moved my old pinks and have never had such a good show and the clove smell in the garden is great.

Remember, the top brass at QVC, no I’m not talking about Julia and Debbie, are American, QVC is an American company. I can tell you as someone who lived and worked in the USA, there is no system in their mindset for helping people. Remember too they do not dole out unemployment benefit or housing benefit or ‘payment holidays’ the latter not at all, and the others only for a very short period of time, and I mean only for a few weeks. So whether we have QVC in London matters not a jot, because their head office is in the States.
I haven’t heard much bragging in the past couple of years, incidentally about QVC ITALY OR QVC GERMANY. Do they still exist?

It was the cut and come again I wanted but there was only 1 packet of any sort left!

Funny I hated beetroot as a child and never ate it until about 2 years ago now I can’t get enough but I take the cowards way out and buy the chili ones from Marks, with Feta and loads of salt, lovely jubbley.
This is my year of experimenting so will be more confident next year.

i wonder how those who bought the terrible TSV pinks have got on?

I moved my old pinks and have never had such a good show and the clove smell in the garden is great.

Oh, I love beetroot! I have been known to buy from M&S a box from the fresh salad part and just sit with a fork and eat it.

I was in B&q today and their begonias where massive whereas my Q ones haven't put on any growth, and thats the ones which haven’t died, I was furious but TBH the B&Q ones would have broken if you had attempted to pot them up. BLizzys received in May have hardly grown but my cosmos are all doing well apart from one which died. However to get them to this I had to plant them deep and reduce them by a third (sort of wish I had cut them more).

It has all been so long I’ve forgotten what colour the cosmos is supposed to be. Just checked they are pink!

i have started to buy seed for next year as I’m not going to be at the mercy of sharks next year.
Me too will be making a visit to Wilkos beautiful fresh seeds, fab varieties and cheaper than chips

Don't get me started on the cheap plastic pots QVC are selling for huge sums

Was that the jewellery expert (male) that I’ve just seem doing a homebuyers advert?

He is always going on about going down mines and being a gemologist. Definitely lowers his credibility (not that i take what he says with a pinch of salt but why have him on as an expert otherwise)

Latest posts

Back