Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

None of those flogging their tat on Q ever admit to it when they have their face all over the magazine, Ruth L is probably the worst offender and do we ever see her wearing one of he4 TSV on TV - no we do not!

A. Maclean, L. Snowden, Holden, never mention it.

None of those flogging their tat on Q ever admit to it when they have their face all over the magazine, Ruth L is probably the worst offender and do we ever see her wearing one of he4 TSV on TV - no we do not!

A. Maclean, L. Snowden, Holden, never mention it.
Ruth said she’s not allowed to wear her clothes on television due to regulations about promotion of items. So I suppose we will never know if she would wear them if that was permitted.

Ruth said she’s not allowed to wear her clothes on television due to regulations about promotion of items. So I suppose we will never know if she would wear them if that was permitted.
Yet she wears and promotes Roman Original clothes on her shows. Roman Originals are always posting clips of her wearing their stuff on morning telly.

Just a couple of examples and Roman are always posting on their facebook photos her wearing their stuff.

I thought she wasn’t allowed to promote her own brand,
No idea whether that`s true or not. All I know is she`s always promoting Roman Originals stuff. All I can say is if I had my own so called brand I`d so called help to design but wasn`t allowed to promote it and only allowed to wear it on Q then I`d be pretty peed off. It would be like Victoria Beckham (another pretend designer) turning up for a fashion show wearing Primark stuff and saying oh well I can`t promote my own cos it isn`t my own show. All sounds daft to me but what do I know except enough to believe Ruthie has nothing but minimal input and minimal interest in wearing her so called own stuff.

I agree and believe me if Ruthie wanted to promote a brand she would do so as she and Eamonn are a big pull for the channel (not but I fail to see what the attraction is) and dictate their terms until Jo Public are tired of them..

When she appears in magazines she promotes various brands but never Q.

Same with Amanda Hold’em she never has any of “her” QVC tat in the house when doing magazines spreads. Let’s face it though we all know these produces be Ryland, or Michelle Moan, Ruthie, JM etc are only putting their name on the QVC made products, the only input any of them have in the process is cashing their cheques, as if any of them have the time or inclination to sit down and “design” anything, that’s why JMac and Ryland both have the mirrored glass effect and both have similar products in “their” range, both made by the same supplier in China.

I disagree, I've read at least two interviews that Ruth has done and she definitely mentioned her range on Q, and there was one very recently where her husband mentioned it as well, something along the lines of that designing for QVC was what she enjoyed most at the moment.
I agree with everyone else though, Mandy Holden (who I actually quite like), the Moan woman, K Hoppen etc, QVC never gets mentioned by any of them.

I agree and believe me if Ruthie wanted to promote a brand she would do so as she and Eamonn are a big pull for the channel (not but I fail to see what the attraction is) and dictate their terms until Jo Public are tired of them..

When she appears in magazines she promotes various brands but never Q.
Well they are not a pull for me , I switch them off!

At least K Hoppen did the products before she came to Q and is and has been a bona fiide designer unlike the others who are just names although I don’t understand why any of these no bodies would influence any customer.

Loads of complaints the last week or so about the newly updated app not working.

Review gate. A tech thing person read reviews and only 2 not so good suddenly loads more good reviews appeared. The kicker, they are all from QVC USA! Accusations of importing reviews

That was the Datalogixx thing that a lot of people have returned because it didn’t work on their phones or computers. I must have been one of the lucky ones because it worked on my two phones and iPad so maybe they only work on Apple products. I certainly think that Matt’s information was very misleading which is unusual because he usually quite good. It will be interesting to see if the information changes if it ever appears on screen again.

When I looked yesterday the majority of the reviews were one star and pretty damning.

Latest posts

Back