Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s one thing to have loads of something you use or wear everyday but bed stuff!!! Does the woman run a hotel?

When I win big on the lottery my treat to me will be someone to put clean bedlinen on my by bed everyday, I love the feel of a fresh bed . Maybe I should start buying in anticipation- but CH wouldn’t be my style and Mr L hates flannelette type material.

It’s one thing to have loads of something you use or wear everyday but bed stuff!!! Does the woman run a hotel?

When I win big on the lottery my treat to me will be someone to put clean bedlinen on my by bed everyday, I love the feel of a fresh bed . Maybe I should start buying in anticipation- but CH wouldn’t be my style and Mr L hates flannelette type material.

I doubt whether she does, and if a customer phoned or tweeted in and said that they've furnished all their hotel rooms with cozee home bedding...that's not so bad - but they haven't, they've just implied that they love it so much they've bought 100 sets. I think it's irresponsible of Q to put it out there as a boast and even more irresponsible to encourage other people to tweet their "abnormal shopping habits". Whilst we generally agree that there's little shopping channels can do to stop people "shopping for company" or getting into trouble financially...but they most certainly can avoid actively encouraging this kind of behaviour. I think it's fair enough to provide and promote easy pays but they really should not be encouraging, promoting and normalising worrying spending/shopping habits!

It’s the same with the Kipling “I’ve got a hundred more than you” brigade. It becomes a competition to see who can have XYZ presenter show a photo of their stash on the iPad.
There’s one lady who was often mentioned on the Kipling shows who had hundreds of items. Was it Sandy? I haven’t heard her mentioned lately. I do agree that promoting that kind of behaviour isn’t good. I suppose people can spend their money as they see fit but there’s some point where it changes from liking something to addiction.

There was a newspaper article a couple of weeks ago where a reclusive elderly lady had died and she had no husband or children and had barely left her house in years. Distant relatives were contacted and they came to empty her house and she had over 4,000 brand new items of clothing, many of them designer brands which were unworn and some dated back to the 60`s plus hundreds of bags and shoes. It filled 4 rooms in her house.

QVC will never take responsibility for someone becoming addicted to them after all, now they’re struggling it’s even more in their favour having said that, they won’t take responsibility for sending out dirty, used items as new to customers charging full price for second hand goods, so they’ll laugh in the face of addiction.

Got Q on the background, and going back to the out of hand spending amongst the elderly and vulnerable..the cozee home presenter said "I've got a lady who's got 100 cozee home sets"...ffs...wow amazing kp said or something like that. Then she asked people to tweet into tell us how many sets they've got..so in seconds there's names and messages scrolling across the bottom of the screen..."I've got 11 sets", "I've got 100 but I need to stop 'cause I've got no space to store them"...Yes love you need to stop - You have a problem, and possibly a problem that one of your loved ones will tragically have to sort out at some stage. By all means promote your product...but don't encourage such behaviour by discussing it and displaying on screen. 100 of the same thing is not normal behaviour. I'm disgusted! I'm actually tempted to email a complaint. Done it, I've emailed them and have requested a reply!
Unless this lady with 100 sets is running a fairly large hotel, I cannot fathom why she would need so many sets.

As you say, this is not healthy behaviour.

I doubt whether she does, and if a customer phoned or tweeted in and said that they've furnished all their hotel rooms with cozee home bedding...that's not so bad - but they haven't, they've just implied that they love it so much they've bought 100 sets. I think it's irresponsible of Q to put it out there as a boast and even more irresponsible to encourage other people to tweet their "abnormal shopping habits". Whilst we generally agree that there's little shopping channels can do to stop people "shopping for company" or getting into trouble financially...but they most certainly can avoid actively encouraging this kind of behaviour. I think it's fair enough to provide and promote easy pays but they really should not be encouraging, promoting and normalising worrying spending/shopping habits!

A place I won't be staying.

I love my CH and have had it on my bed every day, summer and winter, since the first set appeared on Q. However, I've noticed that if I wash it at 40 degrees it goes hard and rough very quickly. If I wash it on the same cycle with the same detergent at 30 it stays soft. I wash it more often than I would cotton as a result but as it needs no ironing and dries quickly it's not a problem for me.

Hotel bedding needs a 90 degree wash for hygiene standards. There is no way I'll be staying anywhere that uses bedding that can't cope with a hot wash and iron. They may as well not bother washing it if they're washing at 40! And if they wash at 90 and it manages to survive it's not going to keep its soft and cozy qualities for long.

I have never bought CH as I just think that will go hard in the wash.

🙄 I have 4 duvet covers the same with fitted sheets I have more pillowcases. All good quality Egyptian cotton all an off white shade/winter white shade and all bought as seconds I may add. They have lasted washing and using them really well. A friend has a thing for bedclothes usually the sort with sequins or really thin cotton she refuses to pay good money for any. Yet, every month there she is out buying more. I have seen her in Sainsbury looking at duvet and pillow sets going I not paying £24 for that! Even if they are on sale for £18 she still goes too expensive. Then asks me why I am never buying bedclothes? :unsure:

Got Q on the background, and going back to the out of hand spending amongst the elderly and vulnerable..the cozee home presenter said "I've got a lady who's got 100 cozee home sets"...ffs...wow amazing kp said or something like that. Then she asked people to tweet into tell us how many sets they've got..so in seconds there's names and messages scrolling across the bottom of the screen..."I've got 11 sets", "I've got 100 but I need to stop 'cause I've got no space to store them"...Yes love you need to stop - You have a problem, and possibly a problem that one of your loved ones will tragically have to sort out at some stage. By all means promote your product...but don't encourage such behaviour by discussing it and displaying on screen. 100 of the same thing is not normal behaviour. I'm disgusted! I'm actually tempted to email a complaint. Done it, I've emailed them and have requested a reply!
Barking mad, a liar or both. We've got an ottoman, it holds five sets of kingsize cotton bedding & a thin cotton throw = 31 items that aren't bulky & get folded the Twilight way. I'd have to have another 19 of these or a completely empty room to store all that Chinese made plastic fluff.

A place I won't be staying.

I love my CH and have had it on my bed every day, summer and winter, since the first set appeared on Q. However, I've noticed that if I wash it at 40 degrees it goes hard and rough very quickly. If I wash it on the same cycle with the same detergent at 30 it stays soft. I wash it more often than I would cotton as a result but as it needs no ironing and dries quickly it's not a problem for me.

Hotel bedding needs a 90 degree wash for hygiene standards. There is no way I'll be staying anywhere that uses bedding that can't cope with a hot wash and iron. They may as well not bother washing it if they're washing at 40! And if they wash at 90 and it manages to survive it's not going to keep its soft and cozy qualities for long.
Me neither, my germ activated ocd has just peeped over my shoulder & we've both scratched & shuddered :sick:

I love cozen home for winter which is most of the year usually. I have a pure linen set and a very high quality cotton set not Northern Nights by the way

I never thought that I would like Cozee Home bedding because I don’t like boiling up in bed, but I took the plunge about three years ago and I love it. I haven’t got 100 sets though. 😳 I’ve got a couple of the velvet touch sets for winter, two sets of the super soft duvet sets for the summer and one of the short striped dressing gowns. I like the fact that you don’t have to iron the bedding 👍 and they also dry really quickly. With the velvet soft ones, I now only need a 1 tog rating quilt on the bed in Winter!

My cotton/poly sets have been relegated to the cupboard.

I have never bought CH as I just think that will go hard in the wash.

🙄 I have 4 duvet covers the same with fitted sheets I have more pillowcases. All good quality Egyptian cotton all an off white shade/winter white shade and all bought as seconds I may add. They have lasted washing and using them really well. A friend has a thing for bedclothes usually the sort with sequins or really thin cotton she refuses to pay good money for any. Yet, every month there she is out buying more. I have seen her in Sainsbury looking at duvet and pillow sets going I not paying £24 for that! Even if they are on sale for £18 she still goes too expensive. Then asks me why I am never buying bedclothes? :unsure:

My OH's family are like that. Buy cheap, buy twice, forever moan about it, never learn about it. They also love the sequin stuff and not just bedding. I shudder seeing them at family occasions as they'll all be wearing sequins and invariably a few will be missing from obvious spots. It sets my teeth on edge and throws me completely off-balance. I find my eye drawn to the missing spots and have to keep mentally slapping my head away!

They also go through washers and dryers like nothing I've ever seen - clogged filters maybe?

I never thought that I would like Cozee Home bedding because I don’t like boiling up in bed, but I took the plunge about three years ago and I love it. I haven’t got 100 sets though. 😳 I’ve got a couple of the velvet touch sets for winter, two sets of the super soft duvet sets for the summer and one of the short striped dressing gowns. I like the fact that you don’t have to iron the bedding 👍 and they also dry really quickly. With the velvet soft ones, I now only need a 1 tog rating quilt on the bed in Winter!

My cotton/poly sets have been relegated to the cupboard.

How does your velvet touch wash? It's a nightmare for me. I have a superking and have given up using the sheet as every single time the elastic knots itself up really badly and throws the spin out of balance.

I love the velvet touch for summer as I find it cold - a lot cooler than fleece. My favourite is the faux mink as I find this warm in winter and cooler in summer.

I bought a few sets of 400 count Pima cotton bedding from Dunelm's Hotel range when we first set up home. They were like new after about 15 years when I swapped to CH. I absolutely loved them but I sweat - really sweat - at night as well as turn every hour. The result was soggy sheets that had rucked up into a hard wet lump where I sleep. Getting back into bed after a pee was truly horrible. I don't get that with fleece at all. they're always dry by the time I get back into bed.

So as much as I adored my cotton bedding, especially when fresh on (no feeling like getting into a fresh bed), and they ticked my OCD box for being clean clean, I've ended up sticking with CH.

I love a hotel with linen sheets, too, but the ironing would be a nightmare to do at home.

How does your velvet touch wash? It's a nightmare for me. I have a superking and have given up using the sheet as every single time the elastic knots itself up really badly and throws the spin out of balance.

I’ve washed both duvet covers, pillowcases and the bottom sheets numerous times and have never had a problem with the elasticated sheet. I even put them all on the fastest spin. Mind you, it’s a double set rather than a superking one but I don’t know if the smaller size makes a difference or not.

Latest posts

Back