Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought I’d look on their FB page this morning and got the message that I must “log in to continue.“

The same thing has happened on all the FB pages that I look at as a visitor. I don’t intend to create an FB account so was wondering whether this is a new thing or whether FB is doing an update or something. Or maybe it’s just a blip. 😳

If we can no longer read posts as a visitor, I hope that those of you who have accounts will continue to let us know about the posts and traumas that happen on there. 😉
This has happened to me in the pst and I think it is just a blip as lots of companies are more than happy for people to look at their FB or Twitter public page. Mind you I now get that message for Insta when I try to read a couple of pages on there. But I can’t believe it would be a good idea when you have, for example, utility companies communicating to Joe Public. I have no intention of registering anyway.

Still no reply to my email..not even as much as an acknowlegement..how rude and unprofessional. Suspect that they think that getting everybody in competition as to how many MW sheets they own, or pairs of moda in pelle clodhoppers are blocking their passages is good for business and not at all weird -or an irresponsible thing to do!

Not sure what show they mean?

Do the right thing!! The Alison the beauty expert told just a pack of lies on her live show. You don't research where products are produced, tested and work with ethical companies
Most of the the ones you sell promote testing and sell in China
Shame on you QVC!!!!!

I have noticed more and more poster getting at QVC over the beauty brands they are selling and animal testing and they sell to China.

'Please advise pin number so that I am able to order on Q cut Thankyou'
I often wonder how some people negotiate their way through life. Fortunately Jen x said this couldn't be shared on fb page & advised her to contact Customer Services, good luck getting through to them love!

Not sure what show they mean?

Do the right thing!! The Alison the beauty expert told just a pack of lies on her live show. You don't research where products are produced, tested and work with ethical companies
Most of the the ones you sell promote testing and sell in China
Shame on you QVC!!!!!

I have noticed more and more poster getting at QVC over the beauty brands they are selling and animal testing and they sell to China.
Good, about time too.

Oh bugger, this woman is into the easy pay already two orders and looking for more already to buy.

Really enjoying the shows this week and have treated myself to some goodies that I wouldn’t get if it wasn’t for easy pay. Just one query please I am so far loving my Elemis it seems to be doing my skin good. I bought the offer with the items in the cardboard tube. Next time can a day cream be included as well as the night cream. I find the sizes of the products just right and I think it will last a while but hopefully Elemis will do another special just before Christmas. Thanks

Another thread about MBG for Beauty has raised its head. The poster is very unhappy as a long time customer., Beauty of course.

She wants to know about this sampling thing?
So she bought something which did not suit her so she returned and got a letter telling her she had used too much product and you are supposed to sample but this time they will refund her. Others are joining in saying the presenters say you can use for the full 30 day which has now changed to 60 day MBG and return.

So now it seems QVC has moved the goalposts there have been complaints before about people getting beauty products returned to them for using too much product. The new term is you are allowed to sample a beauty product and return so using it for 30 days is now out.

They’re also going on non-stop about using EZ pay. I can just imagine the poor customers who bow to the pressure and end up struggling to meet the payments after Christmas. In this current climate, with so many people being made redundant, I don’t think it’s a good thing to encourage people to do this. Fair enough for a couple of items, but I’ve no doubt that some customers will be buying everything on EZ and then getting into difficulty later on.

We are also encouraged to buy more than one (with a theatrical hand flourish) because of easy pay. ‘You can get it (🤑a sixty quid item) home for just FIFTEEN POUNDS! Why not buy two! Stock up your present drawer! buy a couple for teachers/dustmen/friends! hurry before it goes limited!’ No wonder people get into debt

Donna, I just read that post on the Q visitor posts. What is going on? The presenters CLEARLY say you can use something, really test it out, under the MBG and now the official letter refers to a sample! Now I wouldn’t want to take the p*ss and use something for 30/60 days then return it when I found it perfectly OK, but the presenters make no qualification in their description of what you can do. Burn your set of candles, really trial that moisturiser etc. We have all become aware over the years that there is a gap between what they say on air and what Q actually mean, but I think this is the first time they have actually said in writing that what they really mean is a sample. Well, we all know how piddling beauty samples can be! So I would take it to mean a moisturiser can be used once, perhaps twice. Yes, you can really see results by then, lol

We are also encouraged to buy more than one (with a theatrical hand flourish) because of easy pay. ‘You can get it (🤑a sixty quid item) home for just FIFTEEN POUNDS! Why not buy two! Stock up your present drawer! buy a couple for teachers/dustmen/friends! hurry before it goes limited!’ No wonder people get into debt
They were doing that with the lanterns last night, or on the recording so I forget who it was now, Jill perhaps. It makes me so mad I am sorry to admit I always just shout “oh **** off” at the telly!

Latest posts

Back